[WQ2.5] Reasons why you should never pick the 4th den. Ever.

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

FastandFurry
Pup
Pup

[WQ2.5] Reasons why you should never pick the 4th den. Ever.

Post by FastandFurry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 pm

1. Glitchy.
2. Glitchy.
3. Glitchy.
4. Glitchy.
5. Glitchy.

This is the absolute worst den ever to pick. Koa and I are both working together at the moment to try and beat it.

Known Glitches:
-When territory marking, the marking map is completely gray.
Solution: There isn't any, as of now.

-Even though you select that as your den, it's known to... *cough cough* not care. The other dens still have territory, and your mate will follow you around.
Solution: DON'T hunt to raise your exp, go straight to the den and claim it. Right after it tells you about marking territory, don't move, and just look at your map. You should have the area claimed.

-After chasing off a stranger wolf, you will not be able to terriory mark at all. (Which wouldn't be so bad, but when you are claiming your territory...)
How to avoid: Don't talk to any you see, duh!

-Pups glitch between seprate areas on the map. (Thank you, XxSilverwolfxX !!!)
Solution: None.

Sometimes when after feeding pups you will get stuck on the feeding motion and unable to move normally or unable to get out of that motion. (Thank you, XxSilverwolfxX!)

whenever i go near a stranger my wolf just runs through it then in the back ground u can see my wolf running in a circle.
(Thanks, coalpup!)

See, I couldn't mark my territory at all and my mate wouldn't help rear the pups. He was gone the whole time, off somewhere over the rainbow (near the upland meadows...). When I picked up my only surviving she-pup, she magically appeared in my mate's mouth when he was around though the computer behaved as though I was carrying her.
(Thanks, - Shiranui - !!! )

When biting a coyote at times the coyote will freeze causing your wolf to freeze also and unable to move for a certain amount of time. (Thanks, XxSilverwolfxX !!!)

I call this, the territory dance. First, the pups walk around and around in a circle by the den. Then, they face inwards and continue walking.
Screenshot: http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt34 ... 1267390244
Solution: Do you really need one?! It's so cute, plus it keeps your pups in one spot.

Three of my four pups wouldn't stop walking out of the territory, and they kept going to the ame way. Even after it said the pups had learn to stay near the den.
I wanted to see how far they would go, and they went in to the next den area, thats when I went to get them, but they didn't stay so I just had to erase that file. (Thanks, Dacoda!)

When I fight off a bear, it runs off toward the barrier and it flickers, like someone switching a light switch on and off really fast. (Thanks, Shusuke!)

If you find anymore, please post and tell us!
Last edited by FastandFurry on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
I came across a glitch where my experience just kept going up... I WAS going to stop it, but then I said.... meh.

My Pack:
Tidal- Me!
Akai- Mate!
Tyde- Puppy! Alive!
Magma- Puppy! Alive!
Pine- Puppy! Alive!
Skyel- Puppy! Alive!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Reas0ns why you should never pick the 4th den. Ever.

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:42 pm

This is interesting indeed =P Hmm..Well with this den I've noticed that your puppies seem to glitch alot for example when you look on the map they'll be glitching between the den and another location. I hope that you and Koa are able to beat the game with this den, I'm actually trying to do the same thing at the moment xD
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

FastandFurry
Pup
Pup

Post by FastandFurry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:43 pm

XxSilverwolfxX wrote:This is interesting indeed =P Hmm..Well with this den I've noticed that your puppies seem to glitch alot for example when you look on the map they'll be glitching between the den and another location. I hope that you and Koa are able to beat the game with this den, I'm actually trying to do the same thing at the moment xD
Ah, I'll add this to the list.
Thank you! And you get credit for it, too. :wink:
I came across a glitch where my experience just kept going up... I WAS going to stop it, but then I said.... meh.

My Pack:
Tidal- Me!
Akai- Mate!
Tyde- Puppy! Alive!
Magma- Puppy! Alive!
Pine- Puppy! Alive!
Skyel- Puppy! Alive!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Haha No Problem =P I'll see if I can find anymore glitches with this den, if do i'll be sure to inform you about them =)
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

FastandFurry
Pup
Pup

Post by FastandFurry » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:47 pm

XxSilverwolfxX wrote:Haha No Problem =P I'll see if I can find anymore glitches with this den, if do i'll be sure to inform you about them =)
Thanks, we appreciate it!!!

My Pack:
Tidal- Me!
Akai- Mate!
Tyde- Puppy! Alive!
Magma- Puppy! Alive!
Pine- Puppy! Alive!
Skyel- Puppy! Alive!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Ok I found another glitch for you =P

Sometimes when after feeding pups you will get stuck on the feeding motion and unable to move normally or unable to get out of that motion.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Ashbird

Post by Ashbird » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 pm

wait... what den are you reffering to? bision, saddle, slough or aspen?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Ashbird wrote:wait... what den are you reffering to? bision, saddle, slough or aspen?
The Unlockable den, the one near Bison Cut-off ^^
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:23 am

See, I couldn't mark my territory at all and my mate wouldn't help rear the pups. He was gone the whole time, off somewhere over the rainbow (near the upland meadows...). When I picked up my only surviving she-pup, she magically appeared in my mate's mouth when he was around though the computer behaved as though I was carrying her... which I was... Is this a den thing or a glitch already resolved?

It's still my favorite den though.
Icon by Riceboy.
I support the Alliance.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 am

- Shiranui - wrote:See, I couldn't mark my territory at all and my mate wouldn't help rear the pups. He was gone the whole time, off somewhere over the rainbow (near the upland meadows...). When I picked up my only surviving she-pup, she magically appeared in my mate's mouth when he was around though the computer behaved as though I was carrying her... which I was... Is this a den thing or a glitch already resolved?

It's still my favorite den though.
Do you have version 2.0.2 of the game? Anyways

1. Not being able to mark your territory at all is a glitch and I suggest that you report it to the WQ team

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539

2. Your mate not helping with the pups is probably due the their AI hopefully this will be fixed in the updated version of the game which is being currently worked on.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 am

That den isn't worth it; the only way I think you could beat it is by not running into any stranger wolves and not saving. I hate it when you save, and then your pups start walking to the next den over for no reason. That happened to me in the older version; I'm not sure if it still does that in the newer one.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 am

Indeed this den isn't worth it. I'm pretty sure that still happens with this den, I remember this happening to me while I was testing this den a few days ago.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am

Ack, so annoying. Perhaps I will play it again just for giggles and see if I can beat the game like you guys are.

coalpup
Pup
Pup

Post by coalpup » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am

i have a had loads of glitches i also have had a glitch were whenever i go near a stranger my wolf just runs through it then in the back ground u can see my wolf running in a circle its quite funny but strangers pop up a lot then it got annoying :| also whenever i run from a stranger to stop this my wolf just sticks into stalk position and wont let me turn or control it so a i have to save and load ... :evil: hope it gets fixed :)
White As Snow Strong As Stone Fierce As Fire Soft as Moss Eyes More Beautiful Then the Sunset And As Blue As the Sea
██████████████████████████████
Click mah dragon egg please :) http://dragcave.net/user/dragoncavestone

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:07 am

coalpup wrote:i have a had loads of glitches i also have had a glitch were whenever i go near a stranger my wolf just runs through it then in the back ground u can see my wolf running in a circle its quite funny but strangers pop up a lot then it got annoying :| also whenever i run from a stranger to stop this my wolf just sticks into stalk position and wont let me turn or control it so a i have to save and load ... :evil: hope it gets fixed :)
The stalking issue seemed to be fixed in the latest version; though when I experianced this it wasn't at the Slough Creek den. Check to see if you have version 2.0.2.
http://www.wolfquest.org/game_info.php

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”