Ambassador Wolf Coats

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Ambassador Wolf Coats

Post by loboLoco » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Five wolf coats are coming to WolfQuest soon! In the next update, you'll be able to choose from coats based on some of the past and present ambassador wolves at the International Wolf Center. The IWC has been a key partner in the development of WolfQuest from the very start in 2005, and we're delighted to feature five of their beloved wolves in the game. Today's devblog gives a preview of three of these new coats, based on Aidan, Boltz, and Grizzer. The two others will remain a secret until this update is released -- it's coming soon, along with Slough Creek!
Learn more about IWC’s current and past ambassador wolves on their website: http://www.wolf.org

Learn more about IWC’s current and past ambassador wolves on their website!

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is available now for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. The game currently includes Episode 1: Amethyst Mountain, Lost River: Classic, and multiplayer mode in both maps. Slough Creek is in development! The mobile version will come after the game (including Slough Creek) is completed on PC/Mac platforms. The next episode, Tower Fall (DLC) will follow. We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Ambassador Wolf Coats

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:09 pm

All these new coats look great! My favorite one's Aidan.

GoldenBeauty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Gold

Post by GoldenBeauty » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Oh my goooosh yeeeeesss!! I look at the IWC's live cams everyday (would love to share my pics). Thank you for adding some of my favorite wolves! I've always wanted a realistic 'gray' coat on Wolfquest (I was always confused on why the first gray coat never really looked like a gray coat, but nonetheless still pretty). So glad new coats have been added after nearly 2 decades.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger
Location: Avengers-Tower, but sometimes I'm on the S.H.I.E.L.D.-Helicarrier too

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:18 am

I remember when it was said that no more wolf coats would be added. And now the big surprise that 5 more will be added! All of the wolf coats shown look great! Curious to see what the other two look like.

Keep safe and healthy! :wink:

Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

Post by Starbender2000 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:16 am

Yes! 5 new wolfcoats! Can't wait to see what the other two might be! Have to admit I love surprises like these.

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

altias
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Rowan

Post by altias » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 pm

what a wonderful surprise! i really love boltz's fur a lot - it's so distinctive! i'm excited to get to play around with the new coats : D

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am

Wow, I was really not expecting that we'd be getting a new set of wolf coats in the game this soon! I'm so glad that the team decided to have these new wolf coats be based upon the wolves of the IWC! That's something I've wanted to see in the game for quite a while, and I'm so glad that the team chose to do that. I love all of these new wolf coats that we've seen so far, and I can't wait to see what the other two look like! I'm also glad that the team chose to include Aidan's wolf coat in this pack, it's very tragic that Aidan recently passed away, and I think it's such a great idea to include his coat in the game to allow him to somewhat live on in the world of WolfQuest. Boltz is also one of my favorite of the IWC wolves and his coat looks great in the game! I also really love the way Grizzer's coat looks in the previews, it sort of reminds me of the timber wolves in Planet Zoo, and he has such a classic grey pelt that looks great in the game. Although I do think that Boltz's and Aidan's coats in the game could use a little bit more work, especially on Boltz's face, and the snouts of all three wolves could be faded in a bit better so that the nose of the wolf model doesn't stand out so much. But I suppose that little quirks like that are to be expected when these coats are still being worked on, and I'm sure that they'll look a bit better in-game once they're ready to be released. It was also nice to hear a little from Grant Spickelmier in this devblog, the fact that a member of WolfQuest's original development team is now the executive director at the IWC is truly incredible, it's almost like it was meant to be!

Not to mention that Dave said in the video that these new coats would be "in the next update, along with, oh yeah, Slough Creek!" To think that we are that close to the release of Slough Creek already is amazing! For a while there it felt like Slough Creek would never be ready to be released - kind of like that original early-access release of Amethyst Mountain a year and a half ago. But great things come to those who have patience, and it's truly amazing to see just how far this game has come since that infamous launch day in July of 2019.

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”