Hard Rock Den

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Hard Rock Den

Post by loboLoco » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:56 pm

The upcoming Slough Creek episode (in WQ: Anniversary Edition) will offer a variety of dens for player to choose from, from holes in the ground to tree root hollows to the topic of today’s devblog: rock dens. Drawing inspiration from wolf den camera footage from the Voyageurs Wolf Project* in northern Minnesota, I tried to create such a den for the game. So yes, this video is for those players who have requested a live feed of Dave working…..but for the sake of everyone else out there, most of the video is sped up 2500x.

Each den can take an hour or two to set up (not counting time spent later to tweak it, since it’s never satisfactory when I take another look later). We’re planning to have a lot more dens in the new Slough Creek map than in were WolfQuest 2.7. Not yet decided how many, but there will plenty to choose from. (And how will you find and choose them? Stay tuned!)

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Hard Rock Den

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:40 pm

The new river and lake looks amazing! You put so much work into the dens :D never imagined it would take 1-2 hours to make a den model, game deveploment seems pretty hard :|

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:43 pm

I love the amount of detail being put into this game, I've never seen anything else like it. Those wolf puppies are so cute by the way :wolf: ! Can't wait to start picking out dens.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:48 pm

Oh, wow! This is so exciting! :D The pups are so cute!!
It's also fun to watch Dave work, tweak, look at what he's made at all angles, work and tweak some more... it always makes me wonder what he'll post next Thursday!
And I think going inside the den is so cool! I never really thought that much about the dens, but so many other players want to go inside of them so badly, and the cure to that is making for a really neat feature!
Thank you Dave!!!

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:03 am

It was so cool seeing the terrain being built around the den, it looks so real! And the pups are so cute and fluffy!!