v1.0.2c Public Beta

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

v1.0.2c Public Beta

Post by loboLoco » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:21 pm

We’ve released the next patch to the beta channel on Steam (Windows only at the moment).

One important note: Game saves made in this beta are not compatible with the official release, v1.0.2b, so please make new saves so you don’t overwrite older saves, just in case you decide to switch back to 1.0.2b for awhile. We do expect to release this patch as the official version by mid-week next week.

To get the beta build:

1) In the Steam app, go to your Library, then right-click on the WolfQuest: AE name in the left column and choose Properties.
2) Then go to the Betas tab and select the WQ current Beta option in the pulldown. No password is necessary. Steam should then start downloading it. Later you can switch back to the public version in that Betas tab, by selecting NONE in that pulldown.

KNOWN ISSUES:
* On certain computers (Mac using Intel integrated graphics, certain old Windows dedicated GPUs) in Basic Sky & Veg mode, distant trees are sometimes multicolored, and sky may have similar discoloration. This seems to be a Unity game tool bug but we are still investigating.
* On very old (2012-2014) AMD GPUs, terrain may have white patches. Try upgrading your graphics drivers and submit a bug report if that helps. If it doesn't, please test different Terrain Quality settings and submit detailed bug reports about the results of your tests.

IMPROVEMENTS
* At end of trial period, a new option "Extend Trial" lets players postpone that decision for ten minutes.
* Grizzlies and cougar will stop chasing player-wolf sooner (chase duration varies depending on their grumpiness, from 1 to 12 seconds now).
* Reduced the maximum number of competitors that will congregate at carcasses.
* Improved NPC animal behaviors around water.
* We are working mostly on Slough Creek now, and some new and revised functionality for that episode, especially with territory marking, may have unexpected effects in Amethyst, so please report anything that is unexpectedly different than before. (These changes are still in progress and mainly affect player-marking, which is not part of any missions in Amethyst. We’ll describe them in detail once they are finished and tested in Amethyst.)
* Keyboard and Controller Remapping panel is now cleaned up and organized by type of function!
* Using Controller on onscreen keyboard, pressing Left or Right Stick will switch between lowercase and uppercase.
* Somewhat reduced the number of eagles that are typically spawned at any given time.
* Mule deer become tired and slow down sooner when fleeing wolves during a chase.
* Removed bite-points on fox (wolf can't bend down that low to bite them realistically).
* Mate Permadeath setting is saved to player preferences on that computer, and used when starting a new game (instead of always defaulting to Off).
* Added 120 and 144 FPS options in Game Settings: Gameplay: FPS setting.
* FPS Readout now obeys show/hide HUD setting.
* Tweaks to Douglas-Fir trees.
* HUD automatically reappears if you hide HUD while in Photo Mode.
* Improved feedback when game is unable to save to computer, due to computer firewall or anti-malware settings.
* Removed clouds of flies at random locations (was realistic but confusing).
* Grizzlies have larger teeth, the better to bite you with.

BUGS FIXED
* NPC animals can fly.
* Some carcasses are exploded. (Probably fixed, but we can't reproduce it, and a bit puzzled why it started happening after last fix.)
* Some missing terrain chunks at certain settings and locations.
* Mate and NPC wolves sometimes run in circles endlessly when near water.
* Dead coyote's legs are bent in unnatural ways.
* Wolf howl volume doesn't diminish properly at mid-distance.
* Clouds/weather change too rapidly.
* On mule deer corpse, ribs poke through skin before anyone starts eating it.
* Can't eat a meat chunk that's been placed next to a boulder.
* Scent prints appear under water.
* In Customization: Howls, wolf does not do howl animation if No Fur is selected in Graphics Quality settings.
* In Enhanced Graphics mode, there are some invisible tree-colliders in upper area of the Burn.
* On large fossilized tree in Fossil Forest, the collider is too big and high above the object.
* Cougar swims under water, not at surface.
* Removed some words from the badwords list for wolf names.
* With controller, can't back out of Customization: Coats panel.
* Corrupted wolf file (missing all data) breaks the game.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Starbender2000
Pup
Pup

Re: v1.0.2c Public Beta

Post by Starbender2000 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

I posted this question on the steam forum regarding this update via. my other account, as I was hoping to see stats in it, but I went ahead and put it here also.

Uh, quick question? When are stats coming to the game? I thought it might be important when choosing a mate, so doesn't it pertain both to Amethyst Mountain map and when creating a wolf in general? Or are ya'll waiting to see how stats will also effect pups?

I really want to know when stats are coming, but if this is one of those unanswered-questions-for-a-reason I'm ok with that to! :) Thanks!

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm

The new stats system will come before Slough Creek. I don't think it'll be a significant consideration when choosing a mate.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

TimberRaven
Name: Admiral Picard :)

Post by TimberRaven » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Wow, these new features and improvements are great! I thought the mate-to-be trial extension was a really good idea. What really made me freak out was when you were showing really cool screenshots taken by the players (Qtee, Lavenderp, etc., and I recognized all of them!), and then greeneyedbirdgirl's screenshot came on. Because, well... I'm greeneyedbirdgirl. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you made my day, Dave! Thank you so much!
Edit: My grandma says I should write a letter to you sometime :O

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”