A Den of One's Own

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

A Den of One's Own

Post by loboLoco » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 pm

We have been busy working on dens for WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition’s expanded Slough Creek map. As before, there will be three types of den: Underground, under boulders, and under trees, and today’s devblog video takes a first look at the first type: basically a hole in the ground.

Many many people have asked, “Can we go into the den?” and we always reply, “Dens are tricky technically. And very cramped and dark. But maybe someday.” But we agree, it would be nice to be able to interact with dens  more than in WolfQuest 2.7. We’re still investigating to see exactly what is feasible so don’t have any specific announcements about it yet — but it will be more than the old game had (which which was nothing… so we feel safe predicting that).

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: A Den of One's Own

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm

THOSE PUPS! :lol: SO CUTE!!! It look like that black pup at the end is partially in the den. Does that mean pups will go inside the den sometimes?

GoldenBeauty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Gold
Location: I'm lost. I have no idea where I am. I made an emergency landing. SOS

Post by GoldenBeauty » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:49 am

The level of detail is outstanding!! I'm so happy. The dens now have TUNNELS. I don't mind if we'll only fit in cramped. That's what makes it so fun and realistic! :)

(Here's an actual Yellowstone wolf den. It's abandoned now but you can see how small it is compared to a large adult wolf. https://www.jwfrank.com/img/s/v-10/p134867280-4.jpg)

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:56 am

Can we beta test this, please?

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”