I'm Dreaming of a White Cliff Rock...

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

I'm Dreaming of a White Cliff Rock...

Post by loboLoco » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:35 pm

One of my favorite elements in WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is the dynamic snow, which accumulates everywhere….except for the rocks on the cliffs overlooking the Lamar Valley. But no longer! The shader we’ve been using for those rocks didn’t support dynamic snow, but we’re switching to a different shader now which does. It’s a spin-off of the amazing MicroSplat shader that we’re using for the terrain, so the snow and other rendering effects will match the terrain quite nicely. Today’s video shows that new shader in action. It’s been a lot of setup and tweaking (and in a couple of those shots, the cliff rocks are a bit dark still), but it’s coming together.

This isn’t available yet — it’ll be in the next update. (No date on that yet, still wrangling with a couple other things). But do you know what IS available? The updated WolfQuest Soundtrack with all the new music from WQ: Anniversary Edition! All sales revenue helps support further development of the game.

Buy it on Steam or on Itchio.

Already have the WolfQuest Soundtrack but still want to support the game with a direct donation?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Cliff Rock...

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:24 pm

I usually avoid the cliffs, because I fall off them frequently, but ill still admire the snow on the cliffs... from a distance!