WolfQuest Returns to Yellowstone: Slough Creek

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WolfQuest Returns to Yellowstone: Slough Creek

Post by loboLoco » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Though not as vast as the Lamar Valley or as spectacular as Yellowstone’s geysers or waterfalls, Slough Creek is one of my favorite areas in the park. It was a delight to return there during our visit last August! Susan and I hiked up the valley, often bushwacking through tall grasses and dense woods, to gather photos and impressions of the area as reference for the new, expanded Slough Creek map in WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition. Slough Creek is, of course, where you establish a territory and have a spring litter of pups in the game. While we did not spot any wolf dens (those locations are well-kept secrets, to keep them safe), we did come across plenty of potential densites on our way to Second Meadow.

If you enjoy this video, be sure to check out our other research trips!
* Amethyst Creek (2019)
* Slough Creek (2017)
* Amethyst Mountain (2017)

While in Early Access, we will be updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest Returns to Yellowstone: Slough Creek

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:37 pm

It looks beautiful there! I love that we got to see a little bit of the new slough creek map :D Seems like slough creek is coming along nicely! When it does come out I'm gonna claim so much territory :twisted: Someday if we could see other packs pups that would be amzazing. I could finally get revenge on them for killing my pups. I also would love to see a devlog about how multiplayer will be designed in wolfquest annivasry editon. (specifically the sleeping mechanichs. after all some players may get more hurt then others and if the host doesnt want to sleep then that player will be spending a looong time resting to heal.:twisted: maybe resting in multiplayer could rejenerate health faster then resting in single player? but not super fast, maybe like, 20 seconds to heal 1% would be a good rate of healing by resting in multiplayer.)

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Slough Creek is so beautiful! That bison didn't any dignity, that's how much he didn't care about you being there XD

I think I'm going to love the bigger map, it's so big compared to the original Slough Creek! That boulder den that you found really speaks to me for some reason, unsure why. It just looks like the perfect spot to have pups. Keep working hard, and enjoy your Yellowstone trips!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Dave: "Careful of the Bison :shock: "

Bison: :roll:

In all seriousness though, that new game footage is gorgeous! As always, I'm really impressed with the time and dedication that it put into the game.

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Coming from someone up North who's headed into a snowy winter... all that greenery sure looks nice about now

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:11 am

Slough creek looks SO beautiful, both in real life and what's been made so far in the new game. It was always my favourite map in 2.7 and there is no doubt I am going to adore the new version when it's released.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:47 am

I love the research-videos! And bison are going to be terrifying when the time comes, so I'll be preparing my wolves. Also, it was great to see Slough Creek in progress. All the lush scenery is going to be beautiful when it's complete.