Assorted News

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Assorted News

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:27 pm

[youtube]3vxIprDFi4s[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/3vxIprDFi4s

We have released the first episode, Amethyst Mountain for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we will be updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall.

Today’s devblog looks at some bugs (and amusing bug screenshots) that we’ve been busy fixing, plus YouTuber videos, upcoming additions to the game, and of course the next episode, Slough Creek.

If you’re having problems with the game, or would like to read some gameplay tips, check out our Knowledge Base: http://support.wolfquest.org
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Assorted News

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm

I cant wait to watch the bull elk fight! That glitch at 0:51 looks like a corgi XD. I wonder how the massive slough creek map will impact the rendezvous journey.

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Wasn't expecting this, but a nice thing to see! The wolf glitches, oh dear XD. It's face is so small and it's so derpy. Not gonna lie I was amazed to see how similar real life Slough Creek and ingame Slough Creek looked. I knew what was what the moment I saw it that's how amazing of a job you've done replicating it!

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:03 am

Looking good! I can't wait till we have more info on xp and stats! As it taunts me from the customization tab! :lol:
I can't wait to see all the new developments for Slough creek and Amethyst Mountain! You guys are doing really awesome, as the game is running rather smoothly now, with still some tweaks to be made! :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks for the update!
I look forward to seeing things gradually being added. For some reason I'm really curious as to what scent color bighorn sheep and beavers will have (I have an obsession with the scent colors).
The Slough Creek map is going to be amazing and thinking of the next stage of the game thrills me! On top of this, we have Amethyst Mountain in the meantime. :)
Thanks for the bug fixes, the additions that are soon to come, and your hard work toward these upcoming episodes! :D

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Even though this has been a relatively short devblog, I can definitely see why. I'm sure the past few weeks have been pretty stressful for the team, especially with so many bugs that needed to be fixed and so many things keeping everyone on their toes. Ironically, I also have been pretty busy for the past week (I was travelling a lot and had a lot of events to go to), so I haven't been able to play the game much or use the forums since the new game was released. I'm hoping to play the game a little more over the next week, but with school starting up again, it's going to be difficult to find time to play the game.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are going on another trip to Yellowstone, the previous research trip was quite a while ago and a lot has happened since then, along with the fact that it was a less focused trip. Getting to do some more exploring of that area would not only be a great break from all the stressful work, but could also put you in the right mindset for creating the Slough Creek episode (along with giving us some more very entertaining footage, I loved watching the videos from your research trips). After all, considering that you guys have been working so hard for the past few weeks to get the game released and making patches to the game, I think you guys (Dave especially) deserve a break. I imagine that it has been a very stressful time at the WolfQuest Headquarters for the past few months, so getting out there and being able to take some time off from working would definitely make you guys more productive when you get back.

As for the future of the game, there's still plenty to look forward to for the time being. I can't wait to see the new bull elk fighting when that gets added to the game, along with the new bighorn sheep and multiplayer. Multiplayer is definitely going to be pretty exciting to check out when it is released. Slough Creek will be something to look forward to as well, but we're definitely still pretty far from getting that.

As for the fanbase, I don't like to say "I told you so" but I think I was right when I said that this early access release of the game would kick off a new period of interest in the game. All these popular youtubers I've seen playing the game are definitely evidence of that, and activity on the new steam page, this forum, and the WolfQuest discord server seems to have definitely increased since the game's launch. I believe that this is the beginning of a new age for the game, and for animal games in general. Interest in WolfQuest seems to have been rejuvenated, and the future for the game looks bright.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to see how the game progresses from here. It’s already come so far.