Some Things That Are Not Coming to WolfQuest 3

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Some Things That Are Not Coming to WolfQuest 3

Post by loboLoco » Thu May 16, 2019 11:45 am

[youtube]daOC6R6vDcc[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/daOC6R6vDcc

Believe it or not, we’ve pretty much fixed all the IK (inverse kinematics) issues that provided such hilarity in past blooper videos, but that’s not to say everyone and everything in the game always behaves itself. Here are some bugs that made us chuckle lately — but I’m happy to say that all of these are now fixed. We still have a long list of bugs to do (generally less entertaining than these), along with secondary features and a lot of testing and tweaking before the game is ready for Early Access release. But we’re getting there!

__When?
We are getting closer to releasing the first episode, Amethyst Mountain, for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. That will be followed by Slough Creek some months later, followed by the mobile versions. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall

___How much will WQ3 cost?
WolfQuest 3 will be a free update to players who own WolfQuest 2.7.  If you are buying WQ 3 for the first time, the cost will be more than the current game 2.7 (so it's cheaper to purchase it now and get WQ 3 as a free update). The Tower Fall expansion will be an in-game purchase (DLC).

___Will WQ3 be available on mobile?
WolfQuest is available for Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle. So yes, WolfQuest 3 will be available for mobile phones and tablets...at least some of them, and/or in some form. Bigger maps and more animals may be too much for mobile devices with limited RAM memory. We'll do our best, but some low-end mobile devices will not be powerful enough to run the game. We will keep WolfQuest 2.7 (the current game) available as well (for both computers and mobile).

MUSIC CREDITS:
* Werq
* Disco Medusae
* Loopster
* Secret of Tiki Island

All by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Re: Some Things Not Coming to WolfQuest 3

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Oh dear... I have no words for the bendy trees. The elk running/laying down just made me smile it was beautiful while it lasted. I liked the night one, that elk and wolf were like brothers with how chill they were. The wolf with it's tail up simply thought it was a boss, and it wasn't wrong. The loop trees... Either Alice in Wonderland like or just fever dream weird, I can't decide which. Thankfully these are fixed XD

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Some Things That Are Not Coming to WolfQuest 3

Post by LamarWolf » Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 pm

The lying down elk was great. I liked the bending tree. The night scene was pretty nice. Keep up the good work.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Lol love that sliding elk! In wolfquest 3 will we keep our friends list?

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Love the bendy trees, and the way they started to turn in circles near the end. You could just change the scenery and add severe weather effects, and say it is a hurricane, or a tornado for the fun of it! :lol: Wolves were getting way to friendly with elk, predator and prey relationship ruined! :D And apparently the elk needs no effort to get away from the wolf, as it doesn't even have to get up, just slides away at 75 miles per hour. :lol: Ok, I'm done making bad jokes on these hilarious glitches and bugs now, though I am still laughing! :lol:

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

mkaleat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by mkaleat » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

:lol: Those were all really funny! (Though i'm really glad they're not gonna be in-game :| )

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 pm

When I saw the title, I really thought this was gonna be some sort of bad news/tempered expectations announcement. Needless to say, this was a nice surprise! I'm a fan of the crazy trees tbh!

LeeMarston
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lee, Sockeye

Post by LeeMarston » Fri May 17, 2019 3:13 pm

I went into this video thinking some things were going to be cut :cry: Instead I couldn't help laughing at that sliding elk glitch. The night scene was funny and beautiful at the same time. It looked so peaceful.

Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Name: Arcturus

Post by Arcturus221B » Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 am

Oh no... The elk have figured out how to domesticate wolves. What will they discover next? Farming?

Also, great choice of music! It went really well with the glitches haha. I'm almost disappointed those trees won't be in WQ3. Almost :wink:

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sat May 18, 2019 11:42 pm

Lol the bendy/dancing trees are my favorite! Also, the music was so perfect for this video.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

You mean we won't be able to dance with the trees? Darn, haha.

In all seriousness, I'm happy with the progress. Can't wait to explore those not-so-bendy trees.

GK83
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Barrage

Post by GK83 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am

I'm mostly excited about how big the map is gonna actually be. I've watched your measurements on one of the older videos so I.g I'll be busier checking every ounce of amethyst mountain haha

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed May 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Spoods, please stop making blood offerings. I know a portal-tree when I see one. >:(

Joking aside, I do wish it were possible to keep some of these gems... cheat codes to enable pls.

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 am

Neamara wrote: I do wish it were possible to keep some of these gems...
We need a new map dedicated to the best bugs - a special place where the trees are crazy, the elk slide and every moose is floppy.

On a more serious note, encountering bugs all the time must get very tedious, so it's nice to see that some of them can provide a bit of entertainment.