Stranger Danger

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Re: Stranger Danger

Post by Phasoli » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Those sound effects are amazing! The AI and the new fighting mechanics are working together so seamlessly now. Look how far all of this has come! The environment of gorgeous as well. Hopefully I’ll have a computer to play on by the time that the new game comes out. Can’t wait to explore!

I’m personally curious about the Bighorn Sheep family and the new Cougar. I’ve been wondering how hunting the Bighorn Sheep might differ from pursuing elk, Mule Deer, or Moose. Can’t wait to see more!

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:34 am

Phasoli wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm
Those sound effects are amazing! The AI and the new fighting mechanics are working together so seamlessly now. Look how far all of this has come! The environment of gorgeous as well. Hopefully I’ll have a computer to play on by the time that the new game comes out. Can’t wait to explore!

I’m personally curious about the Bighorn Sheep family and the new Cougar. I’ve been wondering how hunting the Bighorn Sheep might differ from pursuing elk, Mule Deer, or Moose. Can’t wait to see more!
I could not have said this better myself xDD

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:16 pm

I haven't posted on one of these in a while, but seeing them every Thursday is always a highlight of my day. It's amazing to see how far WQ has come and how all of these little systems are starting to come together. Stranger wolves are going to be a lot more exciting to encounter now, I can't wait to pick fights and cause trouble. (:< I also wonder how this system will work when we have our own den and pups to defend. The idea of strangers just lurking around in the territory is terrifying but so so cool.

Looking forward to tomorrow's update!

Reiwynn
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Reiwynn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 pm

I really like the new encounters that WolfQuest is adding to the new version. More variety, and less predictable encounters add to the realism of the game and reference the endless possibilities that wolves live through in real life.

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:17 pm

I love how interaction has improved between stranger wolves can't wait to see it happen in WQ 3! :D

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 am

I was going on a wolfquest developers blog marathon and this blog brought up a couple of questions.
Will the npc wolf packs have pups?
What will the rendezvous site of each pack do?

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Did I catch a glimpse of a check box that said " is pup" on the wolf pack panel? Anyway, looking good!

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:40 am

katlove wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:16 pm
Did I catch a glimpse of a check box that said " is pup" on the wolf pack panel? Anyway, looking good!
Oh jeez! I never noticed that! Maybe its one of the things in the "unrevealed section" in "100 new things coming in WolfQuest 3".