Stand Out From the Pack!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Re: Stand Out From the Pack!

Post by Windstrider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Wolfwind wrote:
chickiefoo wrote:Just one thing, the howl animation looks off to me. I don't think the ears fold back enough?

I noticed that also--I think this is possibly because the ears seem to be just folding backward instead of rotating and folding back as they would in real life. I’m not sure how easy this would be to fix (I just know when I’m posing my own models it’s difficult to do ears back without deforming the model too much. I’m no pro at rigging though lol). It may be like the chest width of the model, I don’t know if they’d change it at this point.
loboLoco wrote:That's an idea, maybe we'll make a new "Classic" set at the bottom of the coats panel.

I love this idea!! Best of both worlds :D
I also love the idea of the classic coats set. As nice as the new coats are, I'll always love the old coats as well as the new.

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Wow! Look at all the options! :D I can't wait to apply them to my wolves. :)

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Excellent work here Dave, I’m loving the new features that are coming with the game. The fur texturing is incredible. Well done!

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 am

I'm going to have to remake all my old wolves even more now, plus all the new ones I'm going to be able to make! I won't even have time to play the game because I'll be making too many wolves! Dx

On another note, I wonder what the limit will be of all the mates. Unless I'm mistaken, mates seem to be randomly generated, but of course they could just have a huge variety of wolves available. But I wonder what the extents of the mates will be and if they'll be as varied as the player's wolves.

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Dinoman9877 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 am
I'm going to have to remake all my old wolves even more now, plus all the new ones I'm going to be able to make!

You shouldn't have to worry about remaking your old wolves, because the WolfQuest team has it covered!

loboLoco wrote:Will my wolves import?
WQ3 will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WQ3 and import your existing wolves and they will remain available in 2.7 as well (though you won’t be able to import a wolf from WQ3 back into 2.7).

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Zawki wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm
Dinoman9877 wrote:
I'm going to have to remake all my old wolves even more now, plus all the new ones I'm going to be able to make!

You shouldn't have to worry about remaking your old wolves, because the WolfQuest team has it covered!

WQ3 will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WQ3 and import your existing wolves and they will remain available in 2.7 as well (though you won’t be able to import a wolf from WQ3 back into 2.7).
Oh I know they'll import. But I have to remake them in a new image that allows more customization and make them more unique than they are now!

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:37 am

Dinoman9877 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Zawki wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm
Dinoman9877 wrote:

Oh I know they'll import. But I have to remake them in a new image that allows more customization and make them more unique than they are now!
I agree. I'm debating whether I want to import my wolves or remake them entirely (I'll probably just edit them, though)! I'm thrilled to explore the customizations. :)

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

I know for a fact that I'm gonna import a couple wolves just so I don't have to go through the process of recreating them, but I am definitely gonna be making tweaks to them here and there just to add more to them that I couldn't before in 2.7 (like giving my main multiplayer wolf dark brown eyes. I'm probably way more excited about customizable eyes than I am of anything else because of that alone XD).

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm

YES! I love that there will be a primary and a secondary howl instead of just one. the customization are so specific and realistic!