What's Your Favorite Howl?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Choose Your Favorite Howl

Howl 1
21%
Howl 2
4%
Howl 3
4%
Howl 4
7%
Howl 5
21%
Howl 6
11%
Howl 7
25%
Howl 8
5%

Total votes: 135

kalbertar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kai

Re: What's Your Favorite Howl?

Post by kalbertar » Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 am

My absolure favourite is number 7, although I also use number 1. 7 is the one I use for the majority of my wolves, and I'm pretty attached to it. That being said, I wouldn't mind new howls being added for variety. As far as new howls are concerned, I think people prefer deeper howls compared to pitched ones.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri May 04, 2018 3:45 am

I personally use different howls for different wolves, but I usually select 4 or 7. It all depends on who I want the wolf to be as a character.

New howls would be really nice, but I think it would be great if a few old ones stayed too, if not all. To be honest, I don't think new howls are essential, but would help give a nice extra touch to the game.

This is just an idea, but what if there was a howl pitch tool? The howl types could be a base, then there could be a slider to change the pitch or tone of the howl. This would help make each wolf's howl unique, and allow players to customize their wolves even more.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri May 04, 2018 6:27 am

It is pretty impossible for me to pick one howl I would prefer from the game. They're all gorgeous, whenever I go into editor mode on a character I can't help but go through and listen to all the howls ^^'.

I find myself using #2 or 3# the most on my characters, but it can be differed based on the characters personalities. At this point I'm pretty sure I've used all the howls at least once on my wolves cx

I wouldn't mind getting an expansed howl selection and not have to rid of any of the previous ones, there aren't really any I'd suggest you get rid of if I'm honest.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 am

I personally love #2 and #5! I tend to use different howls for my wolves depending on the wolf's personality.

I would love to see an expanded selection of howls for sure! Variety is the spice of life!

BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Post by BerryCupcakes » Fri May 04, 2018 8:54 am

My personal favorite is #1, it sounds so pretty but lonely at the same time.

* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls?
-I choose different ones most of the time, depending on their personality or appearance.

* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), or would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3?
-I think I'd be okay with a new set, but I'd love to keep #1. :3

WolfDragonPlasma
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfDragonPlasma » Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am

* If you have more than one wolf, do you generally choose the same howl for all of them, or different howls?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. While most of my wolves don't use my favorite howl, that's generally because their characters may not reflect that. Some use one of the deeper howls because they're stronger/more aggressive/more masculine, some will use one of the whinier howls because they're smaller/whinier, and the ones that are more in the middle will either use the first howl or my favorite howl.

My exclusively multiplayer wolf uses my favorite howl, because that wolf is an extension of myself and deserves the favorite howl XD

* Do you feel strongly attached to your current howl(s), or would it be okay to have a different set in WolfQuest 3?
If you got rid of Howl #7, I will more than likely definitely cry XD I feel more like we should add to our current choices, rather than replacing them, so people can still have their favorite howls while simultaneously having more options for their wolves.

tmwinder
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tmwinder » Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 am

PearlyReborn wrote:Usually when I make new wolves I try to keep their howls different, to make the experience a little more diverse. I try to choose howls that suit them, like for example a strong, powerful wolf having a deeper, more powerful howl.

I like the current howls but I'm totally open to adding new ones.
Me too! I really like the 7th howl, but I tend to use different ones for different wolves. And yes, I am totally open to new howls! :lol:

MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
Name: Mystery

Post by MysteryFoxSpirt » Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I'd love more howls, but I'd rather not have the 2.7 howls removed/replaced. I'd love for you have the 2.7 howls as an original set, and add the new howls as a new set, like the coats when you added the new coats. Can't wait for the new ones!

Btw, I've been playing wolfquest since I was like 7, and wolfquest was wolfquest 1! Now I'm 13. Can't wait for WQ3! :wolf:

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm

I really like 5 but I also like 7. I think new howls would be interesting but I think some of the original howls should be kept too.

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Fri May 04, 2018 6:57 pm

5 and 7 are my favourites, but if i were to only pick one to keep in WQ 3 it would definitely be 7. Its such a nice howl to listen to.

As MysterySpiritFox mentioned before, i'd like to see some new howls alongside the old ones, and i'd LOVE to see the mate's 2.5 howl make a return to the game. I love that howl so much and im really sad that i dont get to listen to it anymore. when i played 2.5 i'd make my wolf howl just to hear my mate howl, although if it isn't re-added thats cool with me xD

Figero11
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Figero11 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:02 am

I choose the same howls across every wolf I have and I am definitely attached to it.

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Post by Noxeon » Sat May 05, 2018 2:43 am

#1 and #7 are my favorites. I also wouldn't mind having new howls and having some of the old ones removed if you have to be to remove clutter for new ones. In my opinion howl #1 should be kept though, it just screams "wolfquest" when I hear it and it would be weird not to have it. That's also the one I use for most of my wolves but I do use other ones if I feel the first one doesn't match my wolf's personality.

SnowSprite
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SnowSprite » Sat May 05, 2018 8:19 am

I choose different howls based on the look/personality I like to give my wolves. I'm open to a wider variety of howls but I'd love to keep all of these ones too.

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Sat May 05, 2018 9:02 am

I use different howls depending on the character I give my wolf. I would be sad if the current set of howls were gone.

Adelithos
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Harriet

Post by Adelithos » Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 am

My favourite howl is #1 because I've always used it, it's the most appealing to me and it's easy on the ears. New howls would definitely be nice as it gives people more options for what suits their wolf or so on.