Cliff Notes

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Medenagen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Cliff Notes

Post by Medenagen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:20 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Anduril wrote:(Side note; you've probably noticed this, but the audio has some issues. The music is a tad loud in comparison to the voiceover, and I think the voiceover is mainly or completely coming from the left speaker?)
Yeah, I finally upgraded to Final Cut Pro X and it didn't handle the audio in quite the same way. Gotta pay more attention to that in the future.
Haha... I didn't even notice that at first. My laptop doesn't have the best speaker system and the right one is usually the one that "buzzes out" on me for certain frequencies and won't play that frequency range, so I thought this was just my speakers messing up once again. XD

Loving the terrain improvements! Can't wait to see it all put together in the future!

airbones
Name: Razza

Post by airbones » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Clever title. ;)

The views in this game are going to be seriously spectacular. Like once it all comes together, with the vegetation and all... I just can't wait. ^^ The bighorn sheep is super cool too, and I'm excited to see more updates on him in the future.

Invar
Pup
Pup

Post by Invar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Oooh, yeah. These look fantastic.

I wonder if we'll be able to fall, maybe get knocked off a cliff by an angry ram.

Or recreate the thrilling conclusion of one of my favourite wolf stories, Badlands Billy, the Wolf That Won (Ernest Thompson Seton, 1905).

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Oh boy, i'm so excited! I can't wait for the game. I really hope my computer can run it, it has been having some trouble running high-quality games and I always have to turn all the settings down. I hope this game will let me put some setting down.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Your attention to detail and passion for getting things right and never going half-way continues to delight me. This new version is going to be mind-bogglingly different and I eagerly await the distant day when it comes out. It’ll certainly be a party.

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:24 pm

As someone interested in game programming and design, these sorts of videos fascinate me. Like everyone else, I'm excited for Tower Fall/WQ 3 to arrive, but I also love watching the development process. I'll miss the blog posts once Tower Fall/WQ 3 is completed.
What program did you use to make the meshes in the video? Did you make the shaders yourself, and if so, how?

loboLoco wrote:
Anduril wrote:(Side note; you've probably noticed this, but the audio has some issues. The music is a tad loud in comparison to the voiceover, and I think the voiceover is mainly or completely coming from the left speaker?)
Yeah, I finally upgraded to Final Cut Pro X and it didn't handle the audio in quite the same way. Gotta pay more attention to that in the future.
Glad to see it wasn't my earbuds acting up... For the first few minutes of the video I was trying to figure out if my right earbud was broken.

Zikura22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Zicka

Post by Zikura22 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 am

I am so excited! Good job!

I have started playing in 2009. I wasn´t a part of the community for years, because I was small and couldn´t speak English well (it´s not my native). I still keep playing it and I just love the fact that Slovakia makes models for my favorite game!!!!
Why? ITS MY COUNTRY! (can´t believe it supports the best game ever!) :wolf:

I LOVE THIS :flower:

DispersedHowl100
Pup
Pup
Name: Frost

Post by DispersedHowl100 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:18 am

Wow those cliffs are huge!!! And they look amazing!

Angelily507
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: lily

Post by Angelily507 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:19 am

hey i was wondering if in the game there can be more dens to choose from and or like some wolves you could dig out\make your own den

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 am

Angelily507 wrote:hey i was wondering if in the game there can be more dens to choose from and or like some wolves you could dig out\make your own den
There will be more dens. You will not be able to dig out your own den.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... s#p2547066

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:41 pm

How hard will it be to climb the cliffs?

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 am

I wonder if it would be possible to use the cliffs to your advantage. They've shown where the elk AI will and will not go when traveling. Can you pin them up against the cliffs? Will they recognize there's no where to go and go into standoff mode a lot earlier?

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 am

Not sure where I should post this so I chose this topic because the bighorn sheep is a part of the dev post...

Turned the tv on today and first thing I saw was some documentary about animals "getting high" and it said that bighorn sheep eat a hallucinogenic lichen that they get to when they climb on cliffs. Idk just wanted to share this with you, though I wont expect us seeing bighorn sheep acting all crazy in the game... :mrgreen: