New Tricks for the Pack: Improving MP functionality

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, paperpaws, Koa

Savann_aaahhh
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sav

Re: New Tricks for the Pack: Improving MP functionality

Post by Savann_aaahhh » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Maybe make challenges for players to complete in multiplayer mode,like kill X amount of prey in a set time, or certain scenarios, like a bad year for elk and having to figure out how to get enough food, or enable the NPC packs on multiplayer and your server pack has to stake out its own territory, etc. Multiplayer tends to get boring after a while for those of us who are not interested in RPs (or at least, I'm not interested in most of them since I've been playing this game on and off for years and now I'm in college .... so joining a server with much younger, less verbose players is Not Interesting to me and also a little weird!)

Loach
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Jess

Post by Loach » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:04 am

I think a sort of little results thing after a hunt or confrontation with other animals would be nice! Not the sort of grading scale kind but more just a simple "who landed the first blow, who did the most damage, who landed the killing blow". ETC.

A sort of page that shows the tally of things each individual players have done within that specific session would also be cool. They could be a nice way to see each player's personalities/playstyle preferences and serve as tally boards for impromptu 'hunt x things' games.

Daedalus101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Daedalus101 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:29 pm

So when i play the game in multiplayer, there is no set leaders of the pack except me or whos ever the server is. And the pups colors useully are brown because the mass of players, so what if the owner of the server got to pick who is the other alpha and the colors of the pups are based off them?

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”