Let It Snow!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Let It Snow!

Post by paperpaws » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 am

Oh, whoa. I did not expect to get this legitimately excited over a "small" feature. The snow in the little video looks fantastic, and the mechanics it has and brings sound very nice and immersive. I'm eager to see how you will finalise this concept, and really, you've definitely refreshed my excitement to actually play the game when the new version comes out.

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:40 am

This looks wonderful! I always loved the snow in Slough Creek, and to hear you're making it even better is incredible. Loving the way that wolf is curled up, too. 2018 just keeps creeping closer,
and I'm very excited!

EDIT: Also, does this mean I can finally see Lost River in the snow? And did I hear a new howl?

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

So exciting! I’ve always had my own wonders about the snow in the game, and I love the idea of changing seasons! In this way, we’ll have to be more careful about stocking up prey by the dens before having pups (this will make pup-raising trickier).

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Oh, that's so cool! The video was cute. Happy Howlidays! :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 pm

wow! realistic snow accumulation AND time passing? sounds amazing! this will really make the game more dynamic and immersive, especially the season change and weather. i'm excited to see how it will affect the gameplay ^^

Liwanu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Liwanu

Post by Liwanu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

I cannot explain how ecstatic I am right now! The new graphics are stunning, I can see the development is going very well. Oh, WolfQuest 3, please come soon!

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm

The game looks phenomenal and is that amethyst mountain?! <3 I'm so proud of how far the game has come!

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm

I just now realized that the map could of been Amethyst Mountain, that is marvelous!

Sycona
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Sycona

Post by Sycona » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 pm

It looks flipping amazing! Let it snow indeed.

All I want for Christmas is WQ 3
  • Post Merge
It’s amazing!
I had another thing you could add, but I’m not sure whether you’d add this in PvP.
In a lot of roleplay servers on WQ public, sometimes a player will fake tackle another player to knock them down in RP, will this happen in WQ 3?
Last edited by Neamara on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

Kiki-Quill
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kiki Quill

Post by Kiki-Quill » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:58 am

Super Excited for the new episode. Happy Howlidays indeed!

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 am

Now that I think of it that looks exactly like where we heard the lamar canyon pack that's gotta be the bottom of amethyst!! Oh my gosh this is so exciting!!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am

Sycona wrote:It looks flipping amazing! Let it snow indeed.

All I want for Christmas is WQ 3
  • Post Merge
It’s amazing!
I had another thing you could add, but I’m not sure whether you’d add this in PvP.
In a lot of roleplay servers on WQ public, sometimes a player will fake tackle another player to knock them down in RP, will this happen in WQ 3?
Hmm... l never thought of that, but I never play multiplayer in public. The first time I did, this red-colored wolf named Fearless came, and we were all bringing the pups to the summer thing, and he came, took the pup l was carrying, and drowned him. (Well, wasn't he just trying to get to the other side of the river? No. He practically picked the pup from right in front of me, and swam into the deep part of the river, and then paused and waited for the pup to perish.)
I sometimes play private, with my grandparents, and sometimes we play around and try to jump into each other. I would jump onto my mate in single, but he would just follow me, and I always jump OVER him. I think pouncing would be cool.

I CAN'T STOP WAITING! This is so cool!

Northings
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Northings » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:45 pm

This is awesome to hear/see about. And I'm even more excited for the new laying animations. I was going to request those exact positions (Laying on flank, curl etc) as an idea. Glad to see my minds being read. :wink:

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I just noticed that the background has a wolf howl that I don't think I've heard before. Will there be more wolf howl choices in the new game? If so, I'm super excited!

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 am

Ahh this gave me the jitters! I'm loving the new snow effects, new wolf models, and the new resting positions! So much progress is being made, and it's all because of you and the rest of the team. I commend you for all the hard work you continue to put forth!

Happy Howlidays!!
:wolf: