WolfQuest Goes to Yellowstone (Part One)

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest Goes to Yellowstone (Part One)

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:03 pm

"Now where... is Lost River?"

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:08 pm

That must've been a lot of fun! Seconding Shira, I'm jealous lol. #travelbucketlist
loboLoco wrote:(Did you know that grizzlies hate sharing so much that they’ll sleep spread-eagled on carcasses to protect them?)
^ Lmao

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Great video, Dave! I'm glad you all had a lovely trip. Makes me miss Yellowstone even more <3
Man, meeting Doug Smith is on the bucket list. It's awesome that you got to meet up with him!

I'm also curious, do you know which pack you saw while you were there? I know the Lamar Canyon pack and Wapiti Lake pack have been seen regularly over recent days.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:29 am

Aww, I've always wanted to go to YellowStone.
(Did you know that grizzlies hate sharing so much that they'll sleep spread-eagle on carcasses to protect them?)

XD hahaha,

I'm glad to hear you guys had a good few weeks over there

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Isela wrote:Great video, Dave! I'm glad you all had a lovely trip. Makes me miss Yellowstone even more <3
Man, meeting Doug Smith is on the bucket list. It's awesome that you got to meet up with him!

I'm also curious, do you know which pack you saw while you were there? I know the Lamar Canyon pack and Wapiti Lake pack have been seen regularly over recent days.
We think it was the Lamar pack, from where we were. It was a casual group of wolf watchers that we joined. They were laying around up a slope not doing much. But a guy said they had been chasing an elk earlier. That would have been amazing to see!

Doug Smith was very nice to meet! He seemed happy to hear that WQ is still around. :) This is nice video that features Doug Smith and Dan McNulty (one of our advisors). https://youtu.be/1vXaTQwBd2A
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:10 pm

What a very interesting video! Yellowstone is exceptionally gorgeous beyond belief... It's so hard to imagine a very different world. It's my dream to visit there someday, and hopefully encounter some wolves in the wild.

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:00 pm

I just know that this is gonna be so great! I can't believe how much effort you guys are putting into this! I wonder if some of the animals you encountered at Yellowstone could inspire the team to put more animals in the game? Either way, it's gonna be epic! Aww you have such an amazing job, I totally wanna visit YellowStone National Park one day.