More Questions Answered

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Re: More Questions Answered

Post by SheWolf17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

One thing made me worried, the person who is testing, play on what graphic? :|
Because if it is on the higher graphic it will be pretty amazing indeed! 8)

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Nymeria10 wrote:One thing made me worried, the person who is testing, play on what graphic? :|
Not sure what will happen this time, but last time it looks like they had beta testers, not just one. I'm sure they'll test many parts of the game when it comes out (and we will probably see more hilarious glitches!)

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Ecliptic wrote:
Nymeria10 wrote:One thing made me worried, the person who is testing, play on what graphic? :|
Not sure what will happen this time, but last time it looks like they had beta testers, not just one. I'm sure they'll test many parts of the game when it comes out (and we will probably see more hilarious glitches!)
By the end of this year I must be with a new PC, if he can handle the game and even the best graphics, that's a bit of happiness, and a Christmas present! :D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Generally, the beta testers will provide relevant system information, including information about their system's graphics card, before and during testing. This helps the development team get an idea of what best runs WolfQuest and what does not.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Koa wrote: Generally, the beta testers will provide relevant system information, including information about their system's graphics card, before and during testing. This helps the development team get an idea of what best runs WolfQuest and what does not.
Can WQ 3.0 run well on 8GB notebooks? Because they are smaller than the PC, but I think size would not matter, would it?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Nymeria10 wrote:
Koa wrote: Generally, the beta testers will provide relevant system information, including information about their system's graphics card, before and during testing. This helps the development team get an idea of what best runs WolfQuest and what does not.
Can WQ 3.0 run well on 8GB notebooks? Because they are smaller than the PC, but I think size would not matter, would it?
I can't give that answer as WQ 3.0 is still in development. Size will matter, in a sense-- most small and even regular-sized laptops (or really, any small, portable device) will have integrated graphics, which are not as good as a graphics card you may find on a desktop or a gaming laptop with dedicated graphics, for instance.

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup

Post by SheWolf17 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Koa wrote:I can't give that answer as WQ 3.0 is still in development. Size will matter, in a sense-- most small and even regular-sized laptops (or really, any small, portable device) will have integrated graphics, which are not as good as a graphics card you may find on a desktop or a gaming laptop with dedicated graphics, for instance.
Alright, thank you for the answer Koa :wink:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:06 pm

CapriciousCeilican wrote:If someone mods this game the way Skyrim sometimes gets modded, prepare for entire herds of Thomas the Tank Engine.
I think this calls for some artwork by Neamara.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Eternal123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Eternal123 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 am

When will this be out?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 am

Eternal123 wrote:When will this be out?
Check the FAQs located in the announcement section of this subforum.

From the Anniversary update FAQ-
If you've been following WolfQuest for awhile, you know how bad we are at estimating release dates, so for the time being, we're not going to make any public estimates. But we do hope to release it in early 2018.
This refers to just WolfQuest 3/the Anniversary update; you can expect the Tower Fall expansion to be released even later.

KiroWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by KiroWolf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 pm

i used to play WolfQuest like years ago and seeing all the new stuff makes me really happy! keep up the good work, it's looking great

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Ooops regarding my prior post and asking about lost river map....I meant the wolfquest 3 not tower falls expansion...

Sooo....lost river map (even if kept same size) will still be a part of wolfquest 3 anniversary edition?

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Rustic wrote:Ooops regarding my prior post and asking about lost river map....I meant the wolfquest 3 not tower falls expansion...

Sooo....lost river map (even if kept same size) will still be a part of wolfquest 3 anniversary edition?

I believe so yes!

Out of curiosity, will the teen pups be able to swim on will we still have to search for river crossings? As well, will the system for finding a den change?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Rustic wrote:Ooops regarding my prior post and asking about lost river map....I meant the wolfquest 3 not tower falls expansion...

According to this post, only new maps will be apart of WolfQuest 3. I'm assuming that means Lost River will not be included, unless this post was only specifically referring to the older versions of AM/SC maps. That's not how I read it, though.
MAPS
Are you enlarging all the maps? Will the bigger maps be replacing the old maps? Will we have the option to choose which version of the maps to play on?

We are making new, bigger and better maps for Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek. Maybe someday we’ll do the same for Lost River, but it’s low priority for now. WQ 3 will only have the new maps, but WQ 2.7 will be available as a separate app so you can keep both versions on your computer or device.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=83309
roguemoon wrote: Out of curiosity, will the teen pups be able to swim on will we still have to search for river crossings? As well, will the system for finding a den change?
As of this post, the team is still figuring out what to do about the swimming. I don't know the specifics about the den system.
Pepper wrote:
interlunar wrote:Also, will the older puppies be able to swim in deep water, or will they just walk across the shallow areas?
These are interesting questions, for sure! We are busy researching and deciding what to include in terms of of the pups' evolving abilities, behaviors, and dangers. As always, we aim for the sweet spot between realism and fun gameplay.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... m#p2504657

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Koa!

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”