Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Archived news, updates, discussions, polls and teasers shown during stages of development.
User avatar
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 5605
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Neamara » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:33 pm

@Starbender2000: Again, please refrain from double posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM. If you have anything new to say and there have been no new posts since your own, it is preferred that you instead edit your post to add any new information. Thank you.

User avatar
Medivah
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:59 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Medivah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:24 pm

it looks like you did only a little bit of work to the teen wolf model. It looks rushed, and it doesn't look like you put effort into it. I hope it looks much more professional in the final version in Tower Fall.

In the comparison to the real wolf Luna, it looks like the model has no forehead whatsoever. It needs to have room for its brain! :P

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by roguemoon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Will the teen pups be able to swim?

User avatar
AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: My mind of Krinsentor.~
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by AveryCF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:48 am

Oh wow, I was expecting to only get to see them in Tower Fall. ;3; They're... Not exactly what I was expecting, and I don't mean to be rude but they do look a little rushed. I hope they're touched up more? Maybe after they get their animations i'll see I was all wrong. I just feel even their stand alone model right there looks stiff. (Once again, I hope this doesn't sound rude. I'm just trying to be honest and speak my mind. ;3; I'd be happy with anything as the end result, as long as I know the staff tried their hardest on what they produced. c: )

User avatar
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 pm
Gender: Male
Location: North America

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Noctis_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Koa wrote:Whoever modeled the adolescent wolf pup captured the "awkward" phase well.
To me, it looks like the snout is a tad too long.
loboLoco wrote:Snout is accurate -- here it is compared to Luna at IWC at the same age:
I think the awkwardness factor actually has more to do with the shape, although I assume this isn't a final draft.

User avatar
KasaiHope
Pup
Pup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:32 am
Name: Redwood
Gender: Female
Location: Hell
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by KasaiHope » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:44 pm

The teen in the image looks like it's grinning with an evil scheme.

User avatar
Nayoxii
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 pm
Name: C0rgi/Shiranui
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: In my room, complaining about something.
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Nayoxii » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 am

  • Model looks so good, that awkward teen pup stage when everything is still trying to fit the rest of the body haha cx

User avatar
KasaiHope
Pup
Pup
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:32 am
Name: Redwood
Gender: Female
Location: Hell
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by KasaiHope » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Question: Will the old younger pup model be revised too? It's just a bit.. old and blocky.

tatd_2217
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am
Name: Taylor
Gender: Female
Location: Probably my bed

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by tatd_2217 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Guys, Dave wrote at the bottom that they're still working on the "teen" model, make sure you read what he says before jumping to conclusions. I'm sure the team will take into consideration the comments and suggestions you all have made before showing us the final product. They're working as hard as they can to give us a great game!

Whirl-Oakpaw
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Aspen Heights in Slough Creek
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Whirl-Oakpaw » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Really excited to have teen pups in the game. But I do have to agree with some of the other commenters-- the head doesn't look quite right. I saw the post Dave made with the comparison picture between this teen wolf model and the pup Luna, but I think there are some differences that really change the way the head looks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the length of the snout, I think the problem lies with the upwards slope by the eyes being too short for the snout, and the position of the ears. It makes the skull look very small and kind of squashed.

I made a quick photoshop with a slightly longer slope by the eyes, and also moved the ears down and back (I also moved the eye very slightly down and back also).

https://i.imgur.com/LhbvWJS.jpg

I think it makes the head look much better, what do you guys think?

No disrespect intended toward the modeller... I just think that the teen wolf model could be improved. Also I realize this post is somewhat old so the teen wolf model might have changed since then. Just going based on what is here in the thread.

Smillan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Smillan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 am

Medivah wrote:it looks like you did only a little bit of work to the teen wolf model. It looks rushed, and it doesn't look like you put effort into it. I hope it looks much more professional in the final version in Tower Fall.

In the comparison to the real wolf Luna, it looks like the model has no forehead whatsoever. It needs to have room for its brain! :P
Well maybe, but u should not complain. It's better then nothing (:

tatd_2217
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am
Name: Taylor
Gender: Female
Location: Probably my bed

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by tatd_2217 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

No disrespect intended toward the modeller... I just think that the teen wolf model could be improved. Also I realize this post is somewhat old so the teen wolf model might have changed since then. Just going based on what is here in the thread.[/quote]

I know that somewhere Dave said at least the adult wolf model is finalized. At the bottom of the post Dave said that they were working on "rigging" it, the skeleton, joints and movements. I'm sure that the team took into consideration the suggestions. I hope they show us what they've been working on with it, I love seeing videos of the wolves in motion. I like what you did with the model by the way! :D

User avatar
Arcturus221B
Pup
Pup
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 am
Name: Arcturus
Gender: Gender neutral
Location: A blue box

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Arcturus221B » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am

Whirl-Oakpaw wrote:I made a quick photoshop with a slightly longer slope by the eyes, and also moved the ears down and back (I also moved the eye very slightly down and back also).

https://i.imgur.com/LhbvWJS.jpg

I think it makes the head look much better, what do you guys think?

No disrespect intended toward the modeller... I just think that the teen wolf model could be improved. Also I realize this post is somewhat old so the teen wolf model might have changed since then. Just going based on what is here in the thread.
I agree it looks better that way, but the position of the ears in the last picture seem a bit too far back. The third one looks better in my opinion, if the base of the ear aligns a bit more with the corner of the eye, if you know what I mean :')

User avatar
Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 am

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by Polynesia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 am

Whirl-Oakpaw wrote:Really excited to have teen pups in the game. But I do have to agree with some of the other commenters-- the head doesn't look quite right. I saw the post Dave made with the comparison picture between this teen wolf model and the pup Luna, but I think there are some differences that really change the way the head looks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the length of the snout, I think the problem lies with the upwards slope by the eyes being too short for the snout, and the position of the ears. It makes the skull look very small and kind of squashed.

I made a quick photoshop with a slightly longer slope by the eyes, and also moved the ears down and back (I also moved the eye very slightly down and back also).

https://i.imgur.com/LhbvWJS.jpg

I think it makes the head look much better, what do you guys think?

No disrespect intended toward the modeller... I just think that the teen wolf model could be improved. Also I realize this post is somewhat old so the teen wolf model might have changed since then. Just going based on what is here in the thread.
That looks so cool, good job Whirl. And I agree with your analysis too. :) I don't know if they have changed the model since that image was posted, but he doesn't really look like he has space for his brain, haha. I would say the snout is fine, but it could be a bit more curved on the top (so that the forehead slopes naturally into the snout, like in the picture of Luna, instead of the snout meeting the forehead at a sharp angle.)

User avatar
TimberRaven
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1481
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am
Name: Telepathic Slime
Contact:

Re: Teen Pup for Tower Fall

Post by TimberRaven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am

I'm not sure what some others have been saying, but I do agree with the person who said it looks like it's grinning evilly and the peron who said the forehead met the muzzle at a sharp angle. It does look like that... but other than that, it looks fine. Just I think it's a tad bit too short if it's a sub-adult. I am very excited to see these in-game, and WHAA? Did you say they are still being chased around by predators??

Also, could you do some modifications to the old, 2.7. pup? Right next to the new wolf and new teen, it looks like it should be touched up a little too. I hope in episode three they won't be so glitchy. :D Looking awesome!

Locked

Return to “Developer's Blog Archive”