Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by wolf567 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks for sharing the great news Dave!

Cannot wait to see the updates on episode's 3 development :)

Tower Fall looks amazing - great location choice!
Wolf567 / Blaze

rene-frankie
Pup
Pup

Post by rene-frankie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

Do you guys plan to add new animals to the 3rd episode? If yes, which ones? It would be so amazing if you didn!
  • Edit
Neamara wrote:@rene-frankie: For what it's worth, there is an in-game "Game News" tab in the account interface while logged-in to a 2.7 game account.

An icon is displayed on the account button, both in-game and on the title/splash screen, as well as the Game News tab itself whenever the game detects a new announcement, so it's hard to miss. I don't think it goes away until you've read the latest entry, but I could be wrong. The latest entry in that tab is "Episode 3 in development!". The link in that announcement redirects to this section of the forums. ;)

The team post each update across multiple locations -- the Steam News hub and their official social media accounts, so anyone who doesn't follow the forums but does have an account on one or more of these sites can still follow for notifications.

...unless you're referring to 2.5, in which case, people still playing that version will have to do the good old fashioned check-the-website-for-updates thing. ^^;
I know that you can check the news in the game, but what I meant is that not everyone checks the news and my suggestion of the pop up tab was to make sure that everyone is aware of the news
Last edited by Neamara on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post(s). In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪

CapriciousCeilican
Pup
Pup

Post by CapriciousCeilican » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:19 am

Would donations expedite this process? And if enough people donated, would it make the new episode free for everyone?

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Those pictures of Tower Fall are just breathtaking! I'm sure the map will be as well. This was a great choice; looking at the other areas around Slough Creek and Amethyst Mountain, Tower Fall is definitely the most geographically interesting. And, unless I'm mistaken, there appears to be a road running through the western side. Perhaps we'll be seeing cars full of Yellowstone tourists driving through?

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

This is so exciting! I cannot wait to see what all this episode has in store for us.
Tower fall is absolutely beautiful and definitely a good place to place the next episode.
I wonder, will it be the final episode? I'm sure it's still too early in the development to decide that yet though.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am

Azuline wrote:This is so exciting! I cannot wait to see what all this episode has in store for us.
Tower fall is absolutely beautiful and definitely a good place to place the next episode.
I wonder, will it be the final episode? I'm sure it's still too early in the development to decide that yet though.
Considering Dave's response below, we'll have to see what Episode 3 manages to fit in.
loboLoco wrote:
MormonCricket wrote:I have one more question if no one minds my asking.
After your pups grow, will you go back to SC to raise an other generation? What happens next, or is that being saved for another awesome update?
One step at a time...
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2494471

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 pm

loboLoco wrote: First: We won't be adding ambulatory calves to Slough Creek. There are some technical reasons which we'll explain in a future blog post, but it's also due to timing: Elk and moose calves aren't born until late May/early June. Wolves make the journey to the rendezvous site in early June, so those offspring would not be wandering around as they will be later in the summer in Tower Fall. So that won't be an issue.

I may have misunderstood, but does this mean moose and elk calves will not be introduced in Episode 3? Or does this mean they wont be added in the current Episode 2? Sorry if i misunderstood.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 pm

JordyWild wrote:
loboLoco wrote: First: We won't be adding ambulatory calves to Slough Creek. There are some technical reasons which we'll explain in a future blog post, but it's also due to timing: Elk and moose calves aren't born until late May/early June. Wolves make the journey to the rendezvous site in early June, so those offspring would not be wandering around as they will be later in the summer in Tower Fall. So that won't be an issue.

I may have misunderstood, but does this mean moose and elk calves will not be introduced in Episode 3? Or does this mean they wont be added in the current Episode 2? Sorry if i misunderstood.
Elk and moose calves won't be added to Slough Creek/episode 2 map, but they will be in Episode 3's map (Tower Fall).

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 pm

HollowedWyld wrote:Would donations expedite this process? And if enough people donated, would it make the new episode free for everyone?
Personally I feel like that as much as that would be awesome, chances are, it probably won't end up being a reality. I can't speak for the developers, though.

wolffs rock
Pup
Pup

Post by wolffs rock » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:14 am

OMG, now the year is better all ready. Now we play the waiting game, waiting done quick someone build a time machine! We must go into the future!

MajesticWolfs
Yearling
Yearling

Post by MajesticWolfs » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Super excited for this release! I've been waiting such a long time for a new episode and they're finally working on one!

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 pm

This is going to be a very interesting game, but maybe a little strange as you'll be running around with one or four additional wolves.

There is one thing I been wanting to ask...if your mate dies, can it be possible for us to find a new mate or have dispersal wolves join our pack (since that happens quite a bit). I know the mates respawn, but given how single form no longer lets us respawn (which is kind of a downer because that completely ruins a chance of hunting difficult prey)...it kind of would be interesting if we had to start the process all over.

The elk and moose calves are going to be a fun experience, but will deer ever be introduced? They are an important part of a food source...which now makes me wonder.

Will Episode three involve a special pack hunting set up (kind of built in so we won't have the wolves running around and making a mess of things).

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:54 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote:This is going to be a very interesting game, but maybe a little strange as you'll be running around with one or four additional wolves.

There is one thing I been wanting to ask...if your mate dies, can it be possible for us to find a new mate or have dispersal wolves join our pack (since that happens quite a bit). I know the mates respawn, but given how single form no longer lets us respawn (which is kind of a downer because that completely ruins a chance of hunting difficult prey)...it kind of would be interesting if we had to start the process all over.

The elk and moose calves are going to be a fun experience, but will deer ever be introduced? They are an important part of a food source...which now makes me wonder.

Will Episode three involve a special pack hunting set up (kind of built in so we won't have the wolves running around and making a mess of things).
Yes, Mule deer (bucks, doe, calves) will be introduced.

starstablefan_246
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Star

Post by starstablefan_246 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm

THIS IS AMAZING YOU GUYS! ITS GONNA BE CHALLENGING, BUT SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! :mrgreen: YOU OUTDO YOURSELF WITH EVERY EPISODE!! :mrgreen:

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 pm

starstablefan_246 wrote:THIS IS AMAZING YOU GUYS! ITS GONNA BE CHALLENGING, BUT SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! :mrgreen: YOU OUTDO YOURSELF WITH EVERY EPISODE!! :mrgreen:
While your excitement is definitely understandable, please avoid posting in excessive (all or most of your post) caps, as this is considered spam.

Return to “WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall Developer's Blog”