WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by Rustic » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 am

I'm eagerly awaiting the pc version....and hoping for an iphone release (don't have an ipad) I would sooo get both versions if released for a phone.
But as it is will definitely be getting the pc one when it comes out :D

Mason_Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mason_Wolf » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:26 am

It's nearly the end of September. When the output of the game? :roll: :roll:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:21 am

loboLoco wrote:We plan to release WQ 2.7 in late September 2015, but that may slip into October. We plan to release the iPad and Mac/Win versions at the same time, soon followed by Android and Kindle versions.
Source: Release dates and platforms

There is no concrete release date as of yet; any changes to the estimates given (or indeed, a release date that the team can guarantee) will be kept in the thread quoted and linked above. ;) Please be patient -- the team are doing their very best with 2.7's development. Better that it is released when it is ready than to have it released early, especially so if you don't want to endure bugs and glitches.

Tokyon

Post by Tokyon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 am

I'm sorry but I really need to say I'm just a little bit disappointed that the publication will be delayed.
Like version 3, we waited and then noticed the new version 3 of WolfQuest game isn't coming..

Just a little bit scared that same will happen to this version..

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:20 am

Tokyon wrote:Like version 3, we waited and then noticed the new version 3 of WolfQuest game isn't coming..
There never was a version 3; we tried to squash those rumors when they arose.

And don't worry, version 2.7 is definitely coming. We're in the last phase now, just taking longer than we hoped, as always...
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:57 am

You know what I'm worried about? That the community will rush WQ 2.7 to release, and then the released product won't be as good as it could have been if the community gave it more time. Then the community will complain about glitches and bugs, etc.

Like Dave said, 2.7 is definitely coming.

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:You know what I'm worried about? That the community will rush WQ 2.7 to release, and then the released product won't be as good as it could have been if the community gave it more time. Then the community will complain about glitches and bugs, etc.

I agree with this. If people keep rushing them, the game producers will start rushing to make the game. Then when the game is released, it won't be has it good it could be.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:09 am

ShadowWolf8642 wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:You know what I'm worried about? That the community will rush WQ 2.7 to release, and then the released product won't be as good as it could have been if the community gave it more time. Then the community will complain about glitches and bugs, etc.

I agree with this. If people keep rushing them, the game producers will start rushing to make the game. Then when the game is released, it won't be has it good it could be.
I agree with all of this. Guys, we may be anxious, but we gotta give it some time.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah- I've seen how rushing things never goes well. Once a fandom rushed this one TV show, and most people agreed that the next season was one of the worst seasons in the show >.<
I just wish there was some time to skip the waiting without rushing anyone lol :P I am so dang eager to play, but I know they're doing their best on their end and it will come out when it comes out...
But if someone wants to break the news that they've got an experimental time machine up and running, hey! I'm not complaining! :P

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Rushing is probably the worst thing for a game designer to experience. Haven't any of you guys been rushed once? I have, it stresses me out. Lesson for the ones that have been rushed: Stress comes with rushing the project. If you let them do it at their pace that doesn't break them to stress, then the project will be done without as much problems.

Kovu 7
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kovu 7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:54 pm

I'll buy all the stuff! It looks like it's going to be very awesome! I wish it was compatible with my Chromebook, though. I have to dig up my laptop to play.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:21 pm

I disagree. because its hard to pay(not about money.its the matter of 'how to pay' ) if you are a student or not USA citizen.
  • Edit
after all,we use won at Korea!
Last edited by Neamara on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double post. In the future, please use the edit feature of your previous post to include additional information. Thank you~ ♪

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Please do not double post, Dasamidschol; if you have something to add, please edit your previous post instead. Thank you~

0oO0Bubble0Oo0
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by 0oO0Bubble0Oo0 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:55 am

I've played WQ since it first came out, but made an account last year.. I was just curious- why have you added pricing? My parents do not like using their details online. >.> And it'd be nice if the game was free like it used to be, and still is in the 2.5 version. I'm kinda annoyed that my parents wont pay the price for me, because I absolutely adore this game. It's always had the real effect of a 'wolf' on me, and I feel like it's going to go to waste if I don't get it. Why did you add prices? I know it's probably because of all the hard work, and music and such- along with coat customisation and much, much more. But why not get prices before this new update? It's still Wolf Quest, there's nothing absolutely spectacular going on with it once it's out, other than new maps, howls, coats, family edits and smarter this and that. I'm not hating I just slightly disagree with this, it seems to me like- you all want the money. D: WQ is a VERY popular community, and you guys are going to be so rich. It annoys me that I can't get this once it's out. :cry:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:07 am

0oO0Bubble0Oo0 wrote:I've played WQ since it first came out, but made an account last year.. I was just curious- why have you added pricing? My parents do not like using their details online. >.> And it'd be nice if the game was free like it used to be, and still is in the 2.5 version. I'm kinda annoyed that my parents wont pay the price for me, because I absolutely adore this game. It's always had the real effect of a 'wolf' on me, and I feel like it's going to go to waste if I don't get it. Why did you add prices? I know it's probably because of all the hard work, and music and such- along with coat customisation and much, much more. But why not get prices before this new update? It's still Wolf Quest, there's nothing absolutely spectacular going on with it once it's out, other than new maps, howls, coats, family edits and smarter this and that. I'm not hating I just slightly disagree with this, it seems to me like- you all want the money. D: WQ is a VERY popular community, and you guys are going to be so rich. It annoys me that I can't get this once it's out. :cry:
Koa wrote:
Kouga wrote:Am I the only one who sees the WolfQuest as we knew it disappear? Paying for the game is one thing, but
having to pay for more than half the content isn't a good idea in my opinion.
Unfortunately, the "WolfQuest as we knew it" couldn't remain that way thanks to the change of hands (Minnesota Zoo stepping down) and lack of funding for the project. The current team is doing their best to keep the project alive while being practical at the same time. If the project is to continue, this is the only way it will. Believe me, I'd like to see the project remain free entirely (I advocated against paying for anything for this project about two years ago), but the current version will be kept free and there's no reasonable way for them to continue production with the updated version if they did the same. If no one wants to upgrade, they can stick with that version. If they want the updated one, they'll have to pay somehow.

As I've mentioned before, this is the only way the project will continue.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”