WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by Koa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Dj SheepWolf wrote:I can to buy the 2.7 version without multiplayer?
Mac/Win
• Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.
It appears you can only purchase it seperately on tablet version.

Shisen Carnifex
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shisen Carnifex » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:38 pm

Is this going to be available on Steam? :/

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Shisen Carnifex wrote:Is this going to be available on Steam? :/
Possibly, but we're not really sure yet.
loboLoco wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:Oh...I just noticed: No Steam? Why not?
Because it takes awhile to get on Steam. Once we release the game, then we'll see about Steam.

Captain Yuki
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Captain Yuki » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm

If this were to be on steam i'd totally get it, or even with paypal in general.
But i think steam will bring in lots of attention as well.

I'd still pay anyways, this game is my childhood.

Kittea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Yas

Post by Kittea » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:34 pm

The pricing is rather agreeable. I'd be more than glad to pay double that.

Are donations going to be possible in the future? I would like to see that happen in order to support the ongoing mission of wolfquest.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 pm

CaffeineCollie wrote:The pricing is rather agreeable. I'd be more than glad to pay double that.

Are donations going to be possible in the future? I would like to see that happen in order to support the ongoing mission of wolfquest.
Koa wrote:
Koa wrote:
TheStrongestWolf wrote:this is so cool i cant wait until the release of the version, but i have been thinking about donating some money to help do you think that's possible? :D
Donations have not been accepted for quite some time. Read more here:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=70242

I do not know if this will change in the near future; however, considering the new version on both platforms do have various items to purchase, I do not think that donations will be relied upon and will likely not be enabled anytime soon.
The game used to rely on funds/grants and donations; I do not think that is the case anymore, given the turn to purchase-based revenue, and do not foresee the return of donations anytime soon.
Dave might have an official answer on that, but that's my current understanding of the situation.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:33 am

From what I got from another post by Dave if you buy the game once and want to transfer to another device it is possible, right?
If so, would from android to computer work?

Kittea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Yas

Post by Kittea » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 am

I believe he said there would be no DRM, which means you could have it on multiple computers by copying the files to an external drive. This, however, does not transfer to other devices with drastically different operating systems. So you could have it on a windows computer and transfer to a Mac. However you couldn't take it from a PC to an android device.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 am

Ah, okay I understand now. Thank you!

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:16 am

Okay that is not problem for me.I will buy it.Do you know the day when the game is ready?

paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 am

mimpi1000game wrote:Okay that is not problem for me.I will buy it.Do you know the day when the game is ready?
There's no exact specified release date yet; the current estimate is late September. This is subject to change, though - you never know if anything else comes up!

Release Date and Platforms
We plan to release WQ 2.7 in late September 2015, but that may slip into October. We plan to release the iPad and Mac/Win versions at the same time, soon followed by Android and Kindle versions.

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:56 am

Okay. Thank you!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 am

Yesss! Just when I thought WQ couldn't get any more awesome. That low price is amazing, especially after all the time you have put into this version. I would have paid twice that to get the game, but I think it is incredible that you are keeping the price low so more people can get the benefit of these enhancements. I'm of the opinion that everyone who can should donate another $10 (or its equivalent in their currency) just to thank the amazing WQ team for keeping this the cheapest and best education game out there!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:18 am

Lobo Laughing wrote:Yesss! Just when I thought WQ couldn't get any more awesome. That low price is amazing, especially after all the time you have put into this version. I would have paid twice that to get the game, but I think it is incredible that you are keeping the price low so more people can get the benefit of these enhancements. I'm of the opinion that everyone who can should donate another $10 (or its equivalent in their currency) just to thank the amazing WQ team for keeping this the cheapest and best education game out there!
That's what I plan to do - leave a 100% tip. :D

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Lobo Laughing wrote:Yesss! Just when I thought WQ couldn't get any more awesome. That low price is amazing, especially after all the time you have put into this version. I would have paid twice that to get the game, but I think it is incredible that you are keeping the price low so more people can get the benefit of these enhancements. I'm of the opinion that everyone who can should donate another $10 (or its equivalent in their currency) just to thank the amazing WQ team for keeping this the cheapest and best education game out there!

I will buy it without the tip but two copies separately so i can play on multiplayer with my sister <3 It will be just like the 100% tip haha :D

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”