Page 11 of 14

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:28 pm
by loboLoco
NobleSky wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
You'll get aaKey (our own WQ Key, not a Steam Key) when you purchase the game, and you'll need that when creating your account. (But I think the parrot can get a free Key.)
Thanks for the info, Dave. That answered my question about the whole "needing money to create an account" thing. But then I do have one question: I am unsure if my dad has a PayPal account, so what (if any) credit cards would you accept for purchasing the game, or does that not matter?
Go to itch.io website and and see what they accept. That'll be where we sell the game initially.

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:41 pm
by Kittea
I just looked and it seems that you are able to pay with just a credit card through PayPal without having an account. I don't currently have the disposable income to see if it works however.

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 pm
by roguemoon
Will we be able to use a debit card to purchase the game?

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 pm
by Kittea
If my knowledge of debit cards is correct, you should be able to run it as a credit card.

EDIT: it actually appears that some games you can just go straight to a pay with card page. So it may be an option for developers to enable/disable?

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 pm
by llsaturnskiesll
loboLoco wrote:
NobleSky wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
You'll get aaKey (our own WQ Key, not a Steam Key) when you purchase the game, and you'll need that when creating your account. (But I think the parrot can get a free Key.)
Thanks for the info, Dave. That answered my question about the whole "needing money to create an account" thing. But then I do have one question: I am unsure if my dad has a PayPal account, so what (if any) credit cards would you accept for purchasing the game, or does that not matter?
Go to itch.io website and and see what they accept. That'll be where we sell the game initially.
Thanks for clearing that up, Dave.

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:48 pm
by Misaki Chan
My apologies if this has already been asked and answered but by chance would we be able to purchase the full game via PayPal?

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:52 pm
by Wolvencall
CaffeineCollie wrote:I just looked and it seems that you are able to pay with just a credit card through PayPal without having an account. I don't currently have the disposable income to see if it works however.
Yes you will be able to pay with pay pal on the itch.io site, i hope this helped! :)

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:00 pm
by Kittea
Actually, I was referring to the previous post where someone was asking if they need a paypal account or if they could just lay with a card. The answer being that they do not need to have a PayPal account and that cards are able to be accepted on their own.

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 pm
by Wolvencall
Neamara wrote:@Clan Hyena: yes, purchasing the full version gives you everything 2.7 has to offer including the new wolf customizations, as detailed here-
loboLoco wrote:Mac/Win:
  • Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
    Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.
Source: [WolfQuest FAQ] Pricing
Heres the proper post I believe

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:41 am
by paperpaws
Misaki Chan wrote:My apologies if this has already been asked and answered but by chance would we be able to purchase the full game via PayPal?
For clarity's sake- as Wolvencall stated, you'll indeed be able to use PayPal to buy the game on itch.io, the initial distributor. (I think something went wrong with the quoting in Wolvencall's post?)

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:09 am
by Lilly Shane
Once a purchase of the game is made, is the key tied to a specific computer? Thus preventing you from installing the game on another computer without first either deactivating it on one computer or purchasing another copy? I really hope not....

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 am
by paperpaws
Lilly Shane wrote:Once a purchase of the game is made, is the key tied to a specific computer? Thus preventing you from installing the game on another computer without first either deactivating it on one computer or purchasing another copy? I really hope not....
The game is going to be DRM-free, so it won't be tied to a specific computer, although I'm afraid I can't specify how exactly that would work ^^; Rest assured you'll be able to install it on multiple computers, though.

EDIT- looks like itch.io has a "My Purchases" page. I'm going to guess that when you've succesfully activated your itch.io account and verified your e-mail address, WolfQuest will be listed on there after purchase and you'll freely be able to download it on any computer you like from there afterwards.

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:23 am
by Lilly Shane
Thanks for the response. But how would it work for those of us who don't want to create an itch.io account just to buy WQ?

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:38 am
by paperpaws
Lilly Shane wrote:Thanks for the response. But how would it work for those of us who don't want to create an itch.io account just to buy WQ?
I just checked, and looks like an account isn't required to buy and download anything. You'll receive an e-mail with an unique download link, so without an account you'll just have to keep that e-mail at hand or save the link somewhere to access your download.
"itch.io accounts are not necessary to make purchases. A purchase is associated with an email address. If someone has lost their purchase information they can request it to be re-sent to their email address from the support page.

Creating an account on itch.io is recommended though. It lets a buyer organize all their purchases in one spot. Purchases are found on the My collections page, and can easily be re-downloaded from there."

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:54 am
by Lilly Shane
Ah, I see. Thanks for the information. Also, could you please take a look at my idea here.