WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by paperpaws » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Shadziulec wrote:Oh,i've got one more question! Will the radio collar and scars pack be avaible for the PC 10$ version :D ?
The first post mentions all customisations being included, so those too! :)

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Anduril wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Oh,i've got one more question! Will the radio collar and scars pack be avaible for the PC 10$ version :D ?
The first post mentions all customisations being included, so those too! :)
Awesome! I'm surely giving all my wolves a radio collar <3

Uh,oh,sorry for making a lot of questions but i need one more thing...i think...
My sister plays on laptop and we wants both to play the new purchaseable version.Is there a way to buy two times the game by discount or we need to pay the same like we are just two different people who want to purchase a game :D ? Just asking.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Shadziulec wrote:Uh,oh,sorry for making a lot of questions but i need one more thing...i think...
My sister plays on laptop and we wants both to play the new purchaseable version.Is there a way to buy two times the game by discount or we need to pay the same like we are just two different people who want to purchase a game :D ? Just asking.
I'm not 100% sure but Dave mentions that purchases are saved under your account.
loboLoco wrote:
Lobo Laughing wrote:Will in-app purchases be transferable to more than one computer?
Yes. Purchases within each platform-version (Mac/Win being one platform, iPad another, and Android tablets another) will be transferrable under your user account. (However, purchases made on iPad aren't transferrable to Mac/Windows, for a few different reasons, including Apple's restrictions on IAP -- they don't like it when you bypass their payment system.)
Source: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!
But, if you use different accounts which I'm guessing you do then you may have to purchase it twice.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:41 pm

LupaValdo2001-2014 wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Uh,oh,sorry for making a lot of questions but i need one more thing...i think...
I'm not 100% sure but Dave mentions that purchases are saved under your account.
loboLoco wrote:
Lobo Laughing wrote:Will in-app purchases be transferable to more than one computer?
Yes. Purchases within each platform-version (Mac/Win being one platform, iPad another, and Android tablets another) will be transferrable under your user account. (However, purchases made on iPad aren't transferrable to Mac/Windows, for a few different reasons, including Apple's restrictions on IAP -- they don't like it when you bypass their payment system.)
Source: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!
But, if you use different accounts which I'm guessing you do then you may have to purchase it twice.

Thank you for advice! If we want to play multiplayer then yes,maybe my sister will buy it on Christmas,it's the best way for her to buy it and then we can play multiplayer :3 When the game comes,i'll buy so she can play on my account too but in single,then on Christmas she will buy one herself,haha <3

This post is the one which hyped me even more than the actual 2.7 info,haha!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Good stuff - thanks for the update!

It seems kind of cheap to me, though...I wouldn't mind paying $20+ for it. Though I understand why its so cheap - cheaper prices = a wider audience = more money from sales in the long run

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Shadziulec wrote:My sister plays on laptop and we wants both to play the new purchaseable version.Is there a way to buy two times the game by discount or we need to pay the same like we are just two different people who want to purchase a game :D ? Just asking.
The Mac/Windows game will not have DRM...so you could purchase it once and put it on both computers. Of course, we'd prefer it if you paid twice....or you could buy once copy and add a nice tip.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:30 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Good stuff - thanks for the update!

It seems kind of cheap to me, though...I wouldn't mind paying $20+ for it. Though I understand why its so cheap - cheaper prices = a wider audience = more money from sales in the long run
That's the hope! Also, everybody here on the forum is pretty committed to WQ already -- but a lot of folks are still downloading the game for the first time, and they don't know what the game is worth (well, neither do I), so I don't want to scare them away (or back to the old version).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Granger
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Shelby

Post by Granger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Whoo, glad to see this is up! I definitely will be buying all of the things once it is out :D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Glad to see the prices finalized! Thanks for sharing this.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:My sister plays on laptop and we wants both to play the new purchaseable version.Is there a way to buy two times the game by discount or we need to pay the same like we are just two different people who want to purchase a game :D ? Just asking.
The Mac/Windows game will not have DRM...so you could purchase it once and put it on both computers. Of course, we'd prefer it if you paid twice....or you could buy once copy and add a nice tip.

Yes,but we still want to play together on multiplayer with all the additions,so i'll play nice and buy two games for both of us,our parents definitely won't mind if that would be on Christmas as nice presents :3 Anyway,helping Wooofquest is good!

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:08 pm

loboLoco wrote:Here is the plan for pricing. In the end, we've decided on different strategies for the tablet vs Mac/Win versions. Both free and paid versions will have all the bugfixes, overhauled animal AI, and hundreds of other tweaks and enhancements.

Mac/Win:
Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.

Tablet:
Free Download: with Amethyst Mountain single-player unlocked, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.
Thanks for the update on pricing for 2.7, Dave! It's nice to know I'd only have to pay 10$ for everything. To be honest, I was expecting the price for everything to be about 15$ or slightly more.

I have a question about the law-specification thing for users under the age of 13. Once the users under the age of thirteen reach that age, will those be lifted for them? It seems like that'd make more sense. But if the laws wouldn't allow that, I completely understand.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm

Okay so I read you can buy the new features of the game through either Creditcard or PayPal. Problem is, I have none of these... So are we able to buy it through iDeal as well? Because all have is iDeal to pay with.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Oh...I just noticed: No Steam? Why not?
Semper Solus wrote:Okay so I read you can buy the new features of the game through either Creditcard or PayPal. Problem is, I have none of these... So are we able to buy it through iDeal as well? Because all have is iDeal to pay with.
If you have a bank account, you can set Paypal to withdraw from that instead of a credit card, I believe?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Oh...I just noticed: No Steam? Why not?
Because it takes awhile to get on Steam. Once we release the game, then we'll see about Steam.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Dj SheepWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dj SheepWolf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 pm

I can to buy the 2.7 version without multiplayer?

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”