New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Post by duskypack » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 am

Wolfyyy wrote:I was so excited finally there'll be a new version but why paid??? It has always been free!!!! Why do we have to pay for it now????
Now I think I'm losing hope again. I was waiting for so long seeing if there's any news but seriously.
Disappointed :/
Oh, and to add one more thing. What would you rather, to play a new version for free or to watch Wolfquest die because of lack of funding? I, too, am a little disappointed it costs money (not a fan of in-app purchases) but I don't want Wolfquest to die. Perhaps there would be another free version if it gets enough funding from this. I doubt it, but it's still a possibility.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 pm

duskypack wrote:
Wolfyyy wrote:I was so excited finally there'll be a new version but why paid??? It has always been free!!!! Why do we have to pay for it now????
Now I think I'm losing hope again. I was waiting for so long seeing if there's any news but seriously.
Disappointed :/
Oh, and to add one more thing. What would you rather, to play a new version for free or to watch Wolfquest die because of lack of funding? I, too, am a little disappointed it costs money (not a fan of in-app purchases) but I don't want Wolfquest to die. Perhaps there would be another free version if it gets enough funding from this. I doubt it, but it's still a possibility.

I'm actually glad WolfQuest will cost some money now. I've been saying for years that I would rather pay full price for the game (+$60) if it meant WQ would get current generation graphics, higher quality of animations, etc. Let's hope its sales do well so the game can continue getting better!

Davidlc
Pup
Pup

Post by Davidlc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:40 am

I agree as well, some people who I was playing with on multiplayer said they would pay for the new update, i most likely will. I just need to know what form of payment it is. I know dave is thinking on it, but i am not sure what form it will take, like a gift card form like minecraft does or something like that. Dave also said it would not be expensive though, and that is awesome considering how long this was free. As most of us are wondering how the payment form is, i am pretty sure it will work out well!

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:16 pm

At this moment, I don't care if you have to pay for WolfQuest, at least it's getting a nice update :D

I'm especially happy since it's going to be available for PC as well as tablets, I was losing hope in getting a tablet in order to play it...

Can't wait till it out!

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Sooooo......can't wait for this to come out :D

AxelFlynn
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by AxelFlynn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Please tell me there will be a free version of this new and improved game? I understand that funds are important for production but I've bee following this game for a very long time, as I'm sure many others have. I'd love to be able to play, but am completely unable to pay.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:15 pm

AxelFlynn wrote:Please tell me there will be a free version of this new and improved game? I understand that funds are important for production but I've bee following this game for a very long time, as I'm sure many others have. I'd love to be able to play, but am completely unable to pay.
There will not be a free version of the updated game; you will be paying for the added updates and ilk if you decide to purchase the new game.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Just adding on, the only current "free plan" applies solely to the tablet version as a sort of trial/demo. The Mac and Windows versions' pricing plans have yet to be determined.
loboLoco wrote:Tablet models:
It will be available for iPad 2, iPad Mini (original), and more recent models. We haven't tested it on Android or Kindle tablets yet, but it will probably be available on models released since 2012. Due to the onscreen interface requirements, it will be tricky to modify it for smartphones, but we will look into that.

We've got a rough plan for pricing. Specifics may change, but I expect the general outline to remain the same:

The game will be free to download, with Amethyst (Episode 1) free to play in single-player mode. Other episodes, modes, and customizations will be available for purchase:
  • Slough Creek (single-player)
    Multiplayer (Amethyst and Slough Creek)
    New multiplayer map
    Customizations (wolf fur colors, radio collar, and other cool variations)

Most of those purchases will be $1-$3, though a few very special customizations will likely cost more.

Mac/Win version
This version will have all those improvements and additions. Pricing and distribution service TBD.
Source: Release dates and platforms

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Wait...So if i actually want to play the 2.7 version i need to pay like for normal game? (PC)
I'd totally buy but if it would be a CD game,i don't know how to buy things with dollars.And i'm sure my parents won't allow me to buy with other currency than Polish Zlotych.

I thought only new furs+scars will be purshaseable,not whole update....

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes, you will need to purchase 2.7 before you're able to download, install and play it. While the Mac/Win versions' pricing has yet to be determined, the idea is that the game will be digitally distributed through providers such as Steam, Desura, GOG and Amazon, though these distributors are subject to shrink or expand; I know Steam supports multiple countries, currencies and payment options, but they do have a pretty demanding process (Greenlight) that developers must put their game through before support and distribution can be offered if there is sufficient support from the Steam community. I know nothing about the others, but I'd assume they'd also support varying payment options, countries and currencies. :)

WolfQuest probably won't be available on a CD/DVD disk any time soon as it is an incomplete project; I'd think that sort of distribution would require some form of automatic updating or finalization to the project as a whole to be feasible, as stated here.

Wolf customizations, the new map, the Slough Creek episode, multiplayer ... these are confirmed as being in-app purchases for supported tablet devices; whether or not the same applies to the Mac/Win version depends on what the team settle for when the time comes as mentioned on the first post of this thread.
loboLoco wrote:Pricing will be roughly comparable to the tablet version, though we haven't decided exactly how to structure the pricing (fremium plus IAP, or paid), as is the distribution service (Steam, Amazon, Desura, GOG, etc.).
Even if you are unable to or don't want to purchase the upgraded version, rest assured that the current and soon-to-be-outdated version will still be available for free, though phrased/disabled chat modes will be your only option in the not-too-distant future. ^^;

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:49 am

Neamara wrote:Yes, you will need to purchase 2.7 before you're able to download, install and play it. While the Mac/Win versions' pricing has yet to be determined, the idea is that the game will be digitally distributed through providers such as Steam, Desura, GOG and Amazon, though these distributors are subject to shrink or expand; I know Steam supports multiple countries, currencies and payment options, but they do have a pretty demanding process (Greenlight) that developers must put their game through before support and distribution can be offered if there is sufficient support from the Steam community. I know nothing about the others, but I'd assume they'd also support varying payment options, countries and currencies. :)

WolfQuest probably won't be available on a CD/DVD disk any time soon as it is an incomplete project; I'd think that sort of distribution would require some form of automatic updating or finalization to the project as a whole to be feasible, as stated here.

Wolf customizations, the new map, the Slough Creek episode, multiplayer ... these are confirmed as being in-app purchases for supported tablet devices; whether or not the same applies to the Mac/Win version depends on what the team settle for when the time comes as mentioned on the first post of this thread.
loboLoco wrote:Pricing will be roughly comparable to the tablet version, though we haven't decided exactly how to structure the pricing (fremium plus IAP, or paid), as is the distribution service (Steam, Amazon, Desura, GOG, etc.).
Even if you are unable to or don't want to purchase the upgraded version, rest assured that the current and soon-to-be-outdated version will still be available for free, though phrased/disabled chat modes will be your only option in the not-too-distant future. ^^;

Well,would there be (on Steam for example,i'd gladly make an account here and buy it) a version with all the features included without need to extra pay something? Like,the deluxe or something like that? That's actually sad that whole update will be to buy,but if that's not a big deal,i think i could buy it someday.

Also,if there would be any new updates than 2.7,the purchased game would automatically update to new version and no need to pay or it would be like brand new game? Just curious.Sorry for many questions,i'm doing a blog for few years and want to keep gamers from Poland answers answered :3

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 am

We're still working out how the Mac/PC version will work in terms of pricing--there are a number of aspects that make it trickier than the tablet version. I'll announce the plan once we figure it out, but it likely won't be before July.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

wolverine18
Pup
Pup

Post by wolverine18 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:46 am

Great to hear thanks Dave! in the new version will the pups grow up? or will it still stop when you get to the summer den? Thanks!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:09 am

Pups growing up would require a new episode, which in turn will require strong sales.
loboLoco wrote:1) The new 2.7 version of the game (for tablets first, then Mac/Windows) is in development, with bugfixes and a number of improvements and expansions. We expect to release that this summer (July-August). We are funding this internally, so are counting on app sales to make back our investment. Should 2.7 be a big success, we will use those revenues to expand the game, possibly even another episode, though that would require very strong sales.
Source: The status of things
loboLoco wrote:
Kamaji wrote:Dave, the team is still aiming for more additions, right?
We'd love to do more expansions and episodes, if sales are strong enough!
Source: New version: Pictures and more

As this is a long overdue update to the existing episode, the game will still conclude at the rendezvous site unless a third episode becomes a possibility. :)

wolverine18
Pup
Pup

Post by wolverine18 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:48 am

Okay thanks so much for the reply!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”