The status of things

Archived news, updates and announcements.
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Dusk

Re: The status of things

Post by duskypack » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:50 am

Is there any tablet bloopers you have to show us, like you did in 2.5?

Whitewolf422
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Whitewolf422 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:42 pm

So, why won't the game be updating? Is it simply that it takes too long, you don't have a team for it, or it's just too hard to fund? Because I personally would absolutely adore seeing more added to this game that would make it even more fun to play on a regular basis.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: The status of thing

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Whitewolf422 wrote:So, why won't the game be updating? Is it simply that it takes too long, you don't have a team for it, or it's just too hard to fund? Because I personally would absolutely adore seeing more added to this game that would make it even more fun to play on a regular basis.
3) The tablet version of the game (for iPad and likely Android/Kindle tablets) is in development, with bugfixes and a number of improvements and enhancements. We expect to release that later this year (sometime between September and December). We are funding this internally, so are counting on app sales to make back our investment. Should it be a big success, we will use those revenues to expand the game, possibly even another episode, though that would require very strong sales.
Will we ever bring the improvements from the app back to the Mac/Win version? Dunno. Too soon to say. We're focused on the app right now.
That (funding), and they are currently focused on the app at the moment. The new version of the game that will release on tablets will contain bug fixes as well as new features (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=75088); they can't focus on two versions at once. Should the tablet version be deemed a success, it is possible they make look into expanding or updating the Win/Mac version.

Currently, all efforts are being devoted to the development of the tablet version, and again the possibility of an update remains dependent on the fate of the tablet version, so specific questions regarding a "team" and "time" can't really be answered.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:08 am

I think you'd have many many many more people wanting to play the game (or even buy it?) on computers. Not many has tablets. :/ I'm totally disappointed Wolf Quest,really.This game WAS a part of my childhood,now my sister started to play.We won't be able to enjoy the newest features on our computers because you wanted to make it only for tablets? I mean,why? Why don't you make update the bow version,even if you'd have to make funding ideas,like kickstarter,patreon or other sites? Real disappoint.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 am

Because tablet is now a more viable option with marketing. Think about it. I'd be more apt to buy a game on a tablet than buy it through a computer site. It goes through iTunes or Google Play, which is far more trustworthy feeling than buying it from a site online. Anyone can make a file avaliable for download online, but the app stores have requirements for who can put their games out. Its safer.

Maybe it will update for computer, if funding picks up. Maybe it won't. Who knows? For now, I see a tablet game getting far more attention and new audience than an updated version of the computer. More and more people are getting tablets than you think. Everyone in my family has a tablet. My teachers teach using tablets. My friends all have tablets. I see kids at school walking around with their iPads or Androids. Tablets are bought frequently by parents for their kids. There is a growing interest for tablets, while computers are declining.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:05 am

FWIW, I personally think that Cynder1999 and river6 are both completely correct in their assessments. Currently we are focused on the tablet version. That's all I can say at the moment.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:26 am

Those conclusions do sound very reasonable indeed.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 pm

First,i'll have to apologize- your game is awesome,i was just a little bit confused with all these information about the tablet version.Sorry about harsh words.My blog about WQ was quite recognizable in my country from all the WQ blogs,i'm happy to have something to write about (if there would be the PC version,but i'm full of hope).

Keep up the good work,i'd like to see some screenies of progress (i'm sure we are would like to hear more about that! :) ) So i'll wait and see.Hopes you'll think someday again about the PC version :)

alethe

Post by alethe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm

What do you need help understanding? I can try to help a bit.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Skybreaker wrote:What do you need help understanding? I can try to help a bit.
Oh yes,and for my response to your previous post:

I hope they'll make any updates to the PC version! The tablet seems cool,but i'm not fan of using tablets,i'm definitely not buying one myself.I already have a phone and computer-so,this thing is pretty useless for me xD
Lol,your teachers uses tablets to teach? xD Whoa,never heard of that.My teachers uses just their knowledge and books 8D Looks like different countries use different things as their more important.Actually,only few of my friends has tablets,but they uses phones all the time. Well,actually,the tablets are forbidded in my school-because someone could easily break them up,and well,there would be problems.
I thought that laptops are getting more attention now...Interesting.

For your question: I wrote "confused" but looks like i meant other word-it was late when i was writing and i'm sick recently-sorry for that DX

alethe

Post by alethe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:15 pm

PC updates will be nice, I agree, but for now we gotta take what we can get and what funding will allow.
Technology in the classroom is a growing medium for American schools now. The teachers still teach, but they can use apps on iPads and tablets to demonstrate lessons or have activities. The market now likes more portable devices in general, so I see tablets getting far more attention.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Yeah, tablets are definitely the in thing these days, as technology advances, standards change....

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Skybreaker wrote:PC updates will be nice, I agree, but for now we gotta take what we can get and what funding will allow.
Technology in the classroom is a growing medium for American schools now. The teachers still teach, but they can use apps on iPads and tablets to demonstrate lessons or have activities. The market now likes more portable devices in general, so I see tablets getting far more attention.
I fully agree with that.
Oh,now i know what you were talking about,now i just got it! :)

xxwarriorwolffernxx
Pup
Pup

Post by xxwarriorwolffernxx » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm fine with the fact lexion (I spelled it wrong, didn't I) chat is shutting down. I have many games where you can chat, and I would like to see people talking like how wolves may talk. And I am looking forward to the Ipad/tablet ver.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:45 pm

It's alright if the lexicon shuts down. Lets just hope the site will remain up!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”