New Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

New Moderators

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 am

The time has come again- we'd like to add a few more moderators to our team, though we have a slightly different application process than before. If you think you would make a good moderator and will adhere to all of the moderator expectations, please follow the below instructions to apply. Applications will be accepted no later than Friday, April 6th. Please only apply if you truly believe you would make a good candidate... my time is quite limited, so I would appreciate if I only had to look through serious applications. Thanks!

If you would like to apply:

1) Write an e-mail to me (coordinator@wolfquest.org) with both your username and the words 'moderator application' in the title/subject line.
2) Include this basic information in the beginning of your e-mail:
  • Your username
  • Your real first name (you can elect not to list this if you want, though I will be the only one to view it and prefer to have this information)
  • Any previous usernames you've used on the WolfQuest forum
  • Your real age (again, I'm the only one to view this information. There is no age restriction for becoming a moderator this time, but I do like to know your age.)
  • Your preferred e-mail address
3) In the main body of your e-mail, explain why you would make a good WolfQuest moderator and include proof to back it up. Quotes from the forum always make good proof, though you can also use other proof if you have it. The more specific, the better.
4) Agree to the moderator expectations. Whether you include this in your e-mail or not, if you're applying to be a moderator, it means you agree to everything listed in the moderator expectations.

Moderator Expectations
  • •Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
    •Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
    •Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or condescending.
    •Check the moderated forum(s) once per day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
    •Check other forums at least once per week.
    •Check for birthday spammers so they are reported daily
    •Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
    •Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
    •Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.
    •Keep everything posted in the Moderator forum within the moderator forum. Only share information with non-moderators if you have direct permission to do so.
If you are chosen as a moderator, you will be sent an e-mail sometime after April 9th and will need to officially agree to the moderator expectations at that time.

Any questions? Feel free to list them here. Good luck, everyone! And in the meantime, a familiar green name has returned to help us out... you'll see Rikkuzilla now has a green name again... she'll be floating around the forums to help out the other current moderators. Welcome back, Rikku!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Steeps

Re: New Moderators

Post by Steeps » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 am

My my, I will admit this is an extremely exciting opportunity! As Overcast, I missed the past round of acceptance. I would love to have a shot at this as Steeps. And welcome back Rikkuzilla! I noticed your name in the forum suggestions topic the other day.

I have a question though, about applying. The number of posts a person has on their current account and how many past accounts they have closed does not affect their credibility as an applicant, correct? I will mention in my email that I was Overcast in the past of course, but I am wondering if such past actions have a detrimental effect on a user’s credibility.

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:55 am

Good luck to those that will apply... Just hope that the ones that will be chosen will do a good job. :p

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

Mhh, new application style I see? Well, a little change never hurt anyone! First and foremost, congrats to Rikkuzilla! I did in fact see her name floating around the forums, and I was a bit puzzled at first. c:

Goodluck to all those applying! I'm sure whoever is chosen will make a great moderator and addition to the Wolfquest moderation team.

Victorious Faith
Pup
Pup
Name: Faith
Location: If I'm online, I'm probably at the computer. Likely typing my fingers off on some forum or story.

Post by Victorious Faith » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 am

Good luck to all those applying. If only my computer liked the WQ forums . . .

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 am

Good luck to all who will be applying- I'm sure the future green names chosen in April will be fine additions to the Moderator team! ^^

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:37 am

Steeps wrote:I have a question though, about applying. The number of posts a person has on their current account and how many past accounts they have closed does not affect their credibility as an applicant, correct? I will mention in my email that I was Overcast in the past of course, but I am wondering if such past actions have a detrimental effect on a user’s credibility.
That's the precise reason why I wanted to include past usernames... because we may have had a strong opinion of your account in the past, and I'd hate to not choose you just because you switched usernames or don't have many posts with your current account. This way we can also take your past contributions into account. So no, mentioning you had previous usernames only helps us know you're honest and gives a more clear picture of who you are and how you act on the forums. We most likely wouldn't choose a person as moderator if they only have a few posts, so it would (will) be especially beneficial in your situation to include your old username(s), Steeps, since at least the Overcast account was quite active.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 am

Welcome back Rikku! :P

The new application style does look interesting, and I wish everyone who is applying to become a moderator the best! I know all those who are chosen will do a splendid job in their new positions!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 am

Welcome back Rikku! =D

Writing an application out right now, I hope it won't be too long, heh. Good luck to everyone else who applies!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:20 am

Good luck to all those applying! I always am curious to see who gets picked, and look forward to work with some new green faces.

sSilvers
Yearling
Yearling

Post by sSilvers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 am

I'm probably going to try out. Good luck to all those trying out!

brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling

Post by brightstar99 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 am

welcome back rikku! goodluck on appliing to become moderators. i may apply, only if i ask my parents.

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am

Good luck to everyone who applies, I look forward to seeing whoever gets picked!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:26 am

Best of luck to everyone sending in an application! Just remember to take your time with it, since you have until April 6th. ^^

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 am

Good luck with everyone who applies ^^
I just send mine ^^
Also, welcome back Rikku!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”