New versions of WQ?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Silvereyes123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: New versions of WQ?

Post by Silvereyes123 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:36 am

thats ok tell us when ever your ready :)

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:50 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:
ZippyWizard wrote:Is it possible for us to get another grant like the one from the NSF we got ages ago?
Yes, it is possible, but not incredibly likely. We are still looking into options for larger grants like that one (which would be required for any future bug fixes or game updates); hopefully something will come around!
If it's OK for me to ask, how much did we spend on 2.5? It did come out a little earlier and with more glitches than intended...

icewolf257
Pup
Pup

Post by icewolf257 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you Cana for the update. Hope to help wiht fundraising soon :DDD.

howl moon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by howl moon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:We're glad so many people were so excited for the release of episode 2.5 (WolfQuest: Survival of the Pack Deluxe), and we're hoping everyone is enjoying it. But of course, along with a new release always comes the question: what's next?? As you all should be aware, WolfQuest development is determined by funding. While we continue to discuss possible options for expansion of the game and WolfQuest community, we (the WolfQuest Team) are not currently working on any new releases. If that changes, we will be sure to let you all know in this forum, as well as in the WolfQuest newsletter. (Which, by the way, will be sent out shortly, announcing the release of Episode 2.5 for those players who do not frequent the forums. This is not a new version from what was already announced on this forum and available for download on the 'Get the Game' download site.)

Thank you all for playing the game and conversing on these forums; we hope to continue adding new forum content and game updates if more funding becomes available.
:) Thanks for the news! :D I hope there will be another wolfquest because i have cool ideas! I was thinking to have a cattle ranch in multyplayer games its not very fun because all we can really do is hunt all the time but cattle ranch is a diffrent way of hunting which is more fun! Because it has more exciting with a farmer and the dog! Plus you could die from fire and the fire could spred! Then you would half to run from the fire as fast as you could! Plus I think it would be awsome to have bison and mountain lions! Plus maby even play as a pup or chose what animal you want to be in wolfquest! Plus humans and we really nead more exciting parts of the multyplayer game theres not much to do in multyplayer. Just saying it would be awsome i think it would be my fav game ever!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:56 am

howl moon wrote: :) Thanks for the news! :D I hope there will be another wolfquest because i have cool ideas! I was thinking to have a cattle ranch in multyplayer games its not very fun because all we can really do is hunt all the time but cattle ranch is a diffrent way of hunting which is more fun! Because it has more exciting with a farmer and the dog! Plus you could die from fire and the fire could spred! Then you would half to run from the fire as fast as you could! Plus I think it would be awsome to have bison and mountain lions! Plus maby even play as a pup or chose what animal you want to be in wolfquest! Plus humans and we really nead more exciting parts of the multyplayer game theres not much to do in multyplayer. Just saying it would be awsome i think it would be my fav game ever!
Nice ideas you have there! Although, rather than sharing them here, it would be appreciated if you were to post them on the following thread:

Ideas for new episodes:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558

Chinololz13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Chinololz13 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:36 pm

I cant wait :) :D Just a suggestion- You get to continue after getting your pack to that rendezvous spot and make another den and make your pack stronger and get to invade other packs and take control of their pack. And there's more options to do and bison and in multi-player there is other wolf packs and you can go with your pack (Your the host) to another stranger's pack and invade them. But just to a special limit so there's episode 4 :3 if there would be that would be awesome. I think i'm typing too much so imma stop :D

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 am

This may go in another topic, but I'll move it if it does. I was thinking that as an added Christmas trinket in the store, we could have WQ ornaments! There could be miniature maps of SC and AM, wolves, pups, maybe the WQ logo...they could maybe be eight dollars apiece. They would be so fun-I know I'd buy one!

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Chinololz13 wrote:I cant wait :) :D Just a suggestion- You get to continue after getting your pack to that rendezvous spot and make another den and make your pack stronger and get to invade other packs and take control of their pack. And there's more options to do and bison and in multi-player there is other wolf packs and you can go with your pack (Your the host) to another stranger's pack and invade them. But just to a special limit so there's episode 4 :3 if there would be that would be awesome. I think i'm typing too much so imma stop :D
SilverHybrid wrote:Nice ideas you have there! Although, rather than sharing them here, it would be appreciated if you were to post them on the following thread:

Ideas for new episodes:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:31 pm

ZippyWizard wrote:This may go in another topic, but I'll move it if it does. I was thinking that as an added Christmas trinket in the store, we could have WQ ornaments! There could be miniature maps of SC and AM, wolves, pups, maybe the WQ logo...they could maybe be eight dollars apiece. They would be so fun-I know I'd buy one!
Interesting ideas for the store there, ZippyWizard! Although, the problem is, stuff can't be added to the WolfQuest store if it isn't available at the Minnesota Gift Shop, since that's there WolfQuest gets their items from (so for example, if there wasn't anything christmas-related in the Gift shop, then it can't be added to the WolfQuest Store). Here is just a breif quote from Cana regarding this:
WQ Coordinator wrote:Sorry, but we aren't able to add anything to the WolfQuest store that's not already available in the Minnesota Zoo gift shop, and we probably won't be able to add anything new for the foreseeable future, so while it's fun to think of what could be added, I think I'm going to lock this topic.
Source; Any new ideads for the WQ store? - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... &p=1916788

absolgirl12
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by absolgirl12 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:05 pm

when you make the next Wolf Quest, you should add the part at the end where the pups grow up and the hunt with you and help you raise new pups and be in a pack, and you should also make it so other wolves (lone wolves) can join the pack.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 am

absolgirl12 wrote:when you make the next Wolf Quest, you should add the part at the end where the pups grow up and the hunt with you and help you raise new pups and be in a pack, and you should also make it so other wolves (lone wolves) can join the pack.
absolgirl, as stated previously for other users, please ensure that you are posting your ideas for the game in the 'Ideas for new episodes' thread provided in above posts ^^ Cheers!

Rhea
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Rhea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 am

Thanks for the update, Cana! I hope WolfQuest does get some funding to allow the team to add more aspects to the game. :D

Deain
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Deain » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 am

Tanks so much for the update! :P I'm enjoying the new game a lot. It's great :O I know you will do your best in keeping us updated :) Way to go!!!

Cinnamon15
Pup
Pup

Post by Cinnamon15 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana. I'm hoping that the WolfQuest Team eventually gets enough funding to create a new episode, that would be great. In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying the 2.5 update, it's incredible !! Keep it up.

BluePaw000
Pup
Pup

Post by BluePaw000 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 am

Thanks for the news Cana ! I hope that WolfQuest Team will try make a new version of the game soon. ;)

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”