Another update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Another update

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, folks, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that we just posted the second major beta version for the beta testers. What typically happens with betas is one major version, lots of testing, lots of reprogramming and fixing, then a second major version after most of the known bugs have been fixed. The second version is to find anything that wasn't caught before, and to test the improvements from the first beta to make sure they work. Once a second beta is released, it means we're getting pretty darn close to a final version of the game. The second beta is normally tested for a week or two, improvements are made, then either a quick third beta is released or the game is deemed 'good enough' (because there are always improvements that can be made!) and it's released to the public. So yes, we are getting close.

The bad news is that with an unforeseen change in Unity that has made new bugs we can't seem to remove, along with other responsibilities of our programmers in August, we don't think we'll be able to release the final version until sometime in September. Because I don't want people to think the game will be released on September 1st, which I can almost guarantee it won't, my best release date estimate for episode 2.5 would be October, though we are hopeful we can still release it sometime in mid to late September. Our goal is to release the game and not have to keep releasing fixes, though I'm sure we'll have to do at least one fix after 2.5 is released.

It's been really interesting seeing the complications with adding time and weather to the game, even though it's more of an aesthetic effect than something that really affects gameplay... but we really want to make everything look as realistic and stunning as it can, so we think it's worth the time to try to really get things right with episode 2.5.

So, to summarize my lengthy post: we are currently testing the second major beta version of 2.5, and our new estimated release date is mid to late September or early October. I'll try to add another update before the release. In the meantime, thank you to those of you who are remaining patient and encouraging. Your positive attitude is much appreciated and helps keep everyone's spirits up.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Another update

Post by Croix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Thank you for another update Cana! ^^
I'm sure everyone will understand~

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for the update Cana~ Hopefully you guys can fix at least most of the bugs. I also hope people will be able to wait a little longer for it ^^

HowlerOfTheWolves
Pup
Pup

Post by HowlerOfTheWolves » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana!

That's too bad, about the bugs. Though I know everyone who respects the WolfQuest Team will understand! Keep up the good work!
Last edited by HowlerOfTheWolves on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm

I am happy to hear that the game will be released so soon. I am sure the members will understand that it's really hard to do all this programming and stuff, and the team is doing their best to make the game as good as possible. :]

A big thanks for the update, Cana!
Last edited by Howleen on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana! I'm sure that everyone will understand ~

I'm sure that the folks here will be able to wait, hehe ^_-

Howling Fang
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Howling Fang » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank you Cana. I'm definetly going to wait until the release date. Thanks for the update.
Last edited by Howling Fang on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Ah alright, what a corse of unfortunate events eh? But, things happen. But it's good to hear it wasn't brought back TOO far, right? :3
Thanks for the update Cana!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for the update Cana! I'm sure it's much better to fix up the game fully rather than releasing multiple bug-fixed versions. ^^
Good luck with fixing all the bugs!

MajesticWolfs
Yearling
Yearling

Post by MajesticWolfs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana!

kd1997
Pup
Pup

Post by kd1997 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks so much for giving us an update!! I'm very glad you guys are taking the time to make this game perfect! We all appreciate it deep down inside! Thanks so much!! I'm glad you didn't leave us out in the dust and not tell us anything today. We appreciate everyone's effort on the wq team!!! keep up the great work!!!

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks for the update Cana! It's sad to here that Unity caused problems for you guys, that must be tedious to get rid of the bugs.
But hey, another two months doesn't hurt! Time will go fast, you'll see!

wolfloversk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfloversk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks Cana for the update... I'm glad you're working on the bugfixes... since I'm running Win 7 I've been worried that if I install 2.5 it might not work at all D":

Here's hoping all goes well and take all the time you need! Thanks for keeping us informed!

Shirra

Post by Shirra » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana. Good luck squashing those pesky bugs! ^^'

Silverwolf210
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Silverwolf210 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Well thanks for the update Cana. I guess we'll have to wait be for the game comes out. At least when it does it will be amazing! :mrgreen:

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”