Minnesota State Government Shutdown

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Amber 13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: At HIGH SCHOOL (almost), waiting for version 2.5 of wolfquest to come out! :D

Re: Minnesota State Government Shutdown

Post by Amber 13 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Wow, I can't believe this could really happen! I hope the it isn't shut down, it would be a real bummer. I hope the animals will be very well cared for if this happens. Good luck! :(

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm

That would be sad if it is under shutdown.

-Ratchet
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by -Ratchet » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh wow. Well I hope that it doesn't have to be shut down, and if they do this Shut down thing, then I hope that it will be a very short period of time!

-Kira-
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by -Kira- » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm

First off, thanks for informing us, it definitely should lessen the shock even if it is tragic :c

But I am confused... you said that this shouldn't delay the release of 2.5, but if the forums are shut down still come August, that would push back the release since no one can get on here to see if it has been released...right? And also, if the forums do get shut down, how will we be able to "stay posted" per say on when WQ forums will be opened again?

Thanks ^^

-Mahina-

Post by -Mahina- » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

-Kira- wrote:First off, thanks for informing us, it definitely should lessen the shock even if it is tragic :c

But I am confused... you said that this shouldn't delay the release of 2.5, but if the forums are shut down still come August, that would push back the release since no one can get on here to see if it has been released...right? And also, if the forums do get shut down, how will we be able to "stay posted" per say on when WQ forums will be opened again?

Thanks ^^
I think the site will stay up. If people keep visiting the website, they'll find updates under Wolfpack News.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

The site will not be updated from what I read on the Zoo site... So I dont think it will work... AH! This is so confusing!

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you for letting us know.
I hope it wont be for too long. ):

Fire Pelt
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fire Pelt » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks for the Heads up,Yes,It is a Shame,hopefully it won't be for to long,but if I read correctly,It is not a permanet shutdown if it happens.
Last edited by Fire Pelt on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Mahina-

Post by -Mahina- » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Very confusing indeed....

gameluver
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by gameluver » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Oh my! I hope it doesn't happen. If it does then hopefully it won't be for long. Thanks for telling us Cana.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 pm

I wouldn't worry about it you guys - just keep visiting the site if we are able to and check to see when the forums are back up; also check the news regarding the shutdown. If you aren't in Minnesota you'll probably have to search the internet and whatnot.

Hestia

Post by Hestia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:50 pm

This is very helpful Cana. If I hadn't read this, I personally would be yelling at my computer in two-ish days. However I have one question; will all things on the website be lost? Such as pack information, post count, etc. I haven't had a chance to look a past post on this topic so I am not sure if this question have been talked about already.

-Hestia

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Hestia wrote:This is very helpful Cana. If I hadn't read this, I personally would be yelling at my computer in two-ish days. However I have one question; will all things on the website be lost? Such as pack information, post count, etc. I haven't had a chance to look a past post on this topic so I am not sure if this question have been talked about already.

-Hestia
I don't think that would particularly happen; its a temporary shutdown and the forums will be closed but I don't believe any information will be erased or discarded. I could be wrong, but that's my assumption.

Hestia

Post by Hestia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you Koa, haha, you can never trust technology.

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Gosh...this is awful.I know that the government is a much bigger deal then the game, but still...the zoo being shut down?That's sad.I know that the game matters to everyone here, more than we may admit.Money may not be an issue for us, but I want to help.I will try do donate as much money as I can to the game.I'm really sorry, Cana :( I know you love the game, and we all do too.But we'll pound through this, just like we do whenever there's a wall.HAMMERS READY!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”