WolfQuest Report Team

Archived news, updates and announcements.
User avatar
susijuani
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: colombia playin and loving wolves and nature

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by susijuani » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 am

Alpha Female wrote:
susijuani wrote:i wish if i could be part of the report team someday :/
Just remember you can still report and help keep Multiplayer a cleaner, safer place, regardless of if you're on the WQRT or not. ^^
Good luck to those who sent in applications!
oh yeah...i keep reporting :D
My avvie shop:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52966

Avvie by me!

Croix
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by Croix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 pm

I was thinking it would be a good idea to put a note on the front post saying applications are no longer being accepted? ^^'
Just so no one has to look through the topic to see if applications are still being accepted and such. It would also help with confusion and questions.

User avatar
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member
Posts: 5586
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Good idea, Croix; done.

Since I may not be able to add people for a while and since I'm no longer accepting applications, I'm going to unsticky this topic. If/when I decide to add more people, I'll either revive this topic or make a new one. You can feel free to keep posting here if you'd like.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

User avatar
brightstar99
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by brightstar99 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:57 pm

do i pm you if i see anyone being mean to me or some one? and is saving spots are aloud for people to use?
avatar by yuli .

User avatar
Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Living the dream

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:04 pm

brightstar99 wrote:do i pm you if i see anyone being mean to me or some one? and is saving spots are aloud for people to use?
It's best to report it (make sure to have proof such as a screenshot^^). I recommend reading this topic from the FAQ.
What should I do if someone's being inappropriate?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34862

I also recommend reading this topic to know what is reportable. ;3
What are the rules for Multiplayer games?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=44211
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

Avatar (c) Jewelz
~WolfQuest member since 1969~

User avatar
ilikefoodido
Pup
Pup
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 am
Gender: Other
Location: right by my black blood leaders side

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by ilikefoodido » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 pm

how do you send a report in? like the link to the picture i did but i dont think wolf quest be leaves me and they dont get the picture if if someone tells me can i edit it like delete everything but the chat. cause im running out of ink.
the black bloods...
dare to join theCHAOS.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 2330
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am
Gender: Female

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by Croix » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:32 pm

ilikefoodido wrote:how do you send a report in? like the link to the picture i did but i dont think wolf quest be leaves me and they dont get the picture if if someone tells me can i edit it like delete everything but the chat. cause im running out of ink.
I'm afraid I don't really understand. ^^'
If you are not sure how to report, then the following quote should help you...
1) Find out their username(s). Usernames are displayed when someone first enters the chat, as each user posts in the chat, and is also displayed over their wolf character's head. It is also recorded in the chat log.*
2) Get proof. Take a screen shot** of the inappropriate behavior and/or find the chat log.
3) Send an abuse report. You can fill out the abuse report form at
http://www.wolfquest.org/abuse/index.php or e-mail WQ Coordinator directly at coordinator@wolfquest.org. Don't forget to include the username and screen shot/chat log with the e-mail by either uploading the picture to a photo sharing website and including the link or sending a separate e-mail to abuse@wolfquest.org with the screenshots/output log attached using your own e-mail program. All abuse reports are confidential.
4) Feel good about keeping WolfQuest great! If inappropriate behavior gets out of hand, we may have to remove chatting in multiplayer games, which we do not want to do.

*How to find the chat log: before restarting the game, find the chat log.
On Windows, you can find the chat log under C:\\Program Files\WolfQuest\Data\output_log.txt.
On Mac OSX, you can find it in an application called "Console" which you can find in the Applications/Utilities folder. Launch that app, then in the left side window, under "Database Searches" and "Files" scroll down until you see "Unity" (It's nested inside FILES/~/Library/Logs, so twirl those open if they're not already). Then click on Unity/Player.log and copy the contents of the big window into an email.

If you don't find the chat log there, try this fix:
  • 1. Right click on the program icon
    2. Choose "Run as Administrator"
    3. Confirm the action in any Windows pop-ups
    4. Proceed as usual and you'll be able to find the Output_Log in the WolfQuest program files.

To make the change permanent so you don't have to do this every time:
  • 1. Right click on the program icon
    2. Choose "Properties"
    3. In the "Compatibility" tab, click "Advanced"
    4. Check the box near the bottom for "Run Program as Administrator"
    5. You may still have to confirm the action for Windows each time you open WolfQuest, depending on the settings.
**How to take a screen shot: Press F1. There should be a screenshot in your WolfQuest (or WolfQuest 2) folder. Or,
for Windows: hold down the shift key and push the 'print screen' button near the top of your keyboard. Release both keys. Open a writing/drawing/publishing program (like word or paint) and click on paste. Save the file and send it, with your abuse report, to admin@wolfquest.org.
for Mac: press Command + Shift + 3. This should save a screenshot on your desktop.
What should I do if someone's being inappropriate?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34862

The abuse reports are located here:
http://www.wolfquest.org/abuse/index.php

User avatar
ilikefoodido
Pup
Pup
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:13 am
Gender: Other
Location: right by my black blood leaders side

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by ilikefoodido » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 am

Croix wrote:
ilikefoodido wrote:how do you send a report in? like the link to the picture i did but i dont think wolf quest be leaves me and they dont get the picture if if someone tells me can i edit it like delete everything but the chat. cause im running out of ink.
I'm afraid I don't really understand. ^^'
If you are not sure how to report, then the following quote should help you...
1) Find out their username(s). Usernames are displayed when someone first enters the chat, as each user posts in the chat, and is also displayed over their wolf character's head. It is also recorded in the chat log.*
2) Get proof. Take a screen shot** of the inappropriate behavior and/or find the chat log.
3) Send an abuse report. You can fill out the abuse report form at
http://www.wolfquest.org/abuse/index.php or e-mail WQ Coordinator directly at coordinator@wolfquest.org. Don't forget to include the username and screen shot/chat log with the e-mail by either uploading the picture to a photo sharing website and including the link or sending a separate e-mail to abuse@wolfquest.org with the screenshots/output log attached using your own e-mail program. All abuse reports are confidential.
4) Feel good about keeping WolfQuest great! If inappropriate behavior gets out of hand, we may have to remove chatting in multiplayer games, which we do not want to do.

*How to find the chat log: before restarting the game, find the chat log.
On Windows, you can find the chat log under C:\\Program Files\WolfQuest\Data\output_log.txt.
On Mac OSX, you can find it in an application called "Console" which you can find in the Applications/Utilities folder. Launch that app, then in the left side window, under "Database Searches" and "Files" scroll down until you see "Unity" (It's nested inside FILES/~/Library/Logs, so twirl those open if they're not already). Then click on Unity/Player.log and copy the contents of the big window into an email.

If you don't find the chat log there, try this fix:
  • 1. Right click on the program icon
    2. Choose "Run as Administrator"
    3. Confirm the action in any Windows pop-ups
    4. Proceed as usual and you'll be able to find the Output_Log in the WolfQuest program files.

To make the change permanent so you don't have to do this every time:
  • 1. Right click on the program icon
    2. Choose "Properties"
    3. In the "Compatibility" tab, click "Advanced"
    4. Check the box near the bottom for "Run Program as Administrator"
    5. You may still have to confirm the action for Windows each time you open WolfQuest, depending on the settings.
**How to take a screen shot: Press F1. There should be a screenshot in your WolfQuest (or WolfQuest 2) folder. Or,
for Windows: hold down the shift key and push the 'print screen' button near the top of your keyboard. Release both keys. Open a writing/drawing/publishing program (like word or paint) and click on paste. Save the file and send it, with your abuse report, to admin@wolfquest.org.
for Mac: press Command + Shift + 3. This should save a screenshot on your desktop.
What should I do if someone's being inappropriate?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34862

The abuse reports are located here:
http://www.wolfquest.org/abuse/index.php
ok thanks a lot turns out i didnt read some of it i didnt seem to get it. the problem is im running out of ink so even if i make it to the report team ill get kicked out
the black bloods...
dare to join theCHAOS.

oxoDestinyoxo
Guest
Guest

Re: WolfQuest Report Team

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

ilikefoodido wrote: ok thanks a lot turns out i didnt read some of it i didnt seem to get it. the problem is im running out of ink so even if i make it to the report team ill get kicked out
What do you mean by ink? To report, all you have to send in is a screenshot uploaded onto some photo sharing website, such as tinypic or imageshack, and possibly a chat log when applicable.

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”