User of the Month Avatar Contest

Archived news, updates and announcements.
-Sk8ter-

Re: User of the Month Avatar Contest

Post by -Sk8ter- » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:49 am

Whoo a new contest! xD

Well I won't be entering, I don't have much time.

Good luck to everyone who's entering!

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:29 pm

I think this is a great opportunity! Although I'm not the best, I'll enter. You never know what could happen, Right? Good luck to everyone who enters! :wink:
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Thandi wrote:just wondering what the avatar will be judged on.
You know, we never really discussed that. But really, it just has to be aesthetically pleasing and obvious that it's for WolfQuest's User of the Month rather than just being a pretty avatar. It's a pretty subjective contest, though it's intended to be that way. If we only receive 10 or so entries, we'll post all or most of them for you all to vote on... we'll just post only our favorites if there would be too many to fit in our poll or realistically vote on.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:43 pm

i'm excited to see the new avvie for the UotM's, I just sent in my entry, good luck to everyone! :D
......................LIFE

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:
Thandi wrote:just wondering what the avatar will be judged on.
You know, we never really discussed that. But really, it just has to be aesthetically pleasing and obvious that it's for WolfQuest's User of the Month rather than just being a pretty avatar. It's a pretty subjective contest, though it's intended to be that way. If we only receive 10 or so entries, we'll post all or most of them for you all to vote on... we'll just post only our favorites if there would be too many to fit in our poll or realistically vote on.
There's only one problem, people can vote for their friends. I think that you should do it yourself Cana, otherwise, it might not be fair.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 pm

This sounds fantastic! The current UotM avatar is great, although it has been around for a while and is a little outdated. This will be a great time to see some of the creative users that we have in this community, no matter how modest they may be. I doubt I will enter as I'm not much of an artist, I may give it a go though. I shall be waiting excitedly for the finalists to be announced c;
Thandi wrote:There's only one problem, people can vote for their friends. I think that you should do it yourself Cana, otherwise, it might not be fair.
This quote from Cana should explain things, if I've interpreted your post correctly.
WQ Coordinator wrote:How the winner will be chosen:
On June 22nd, the top 10 (or so) avatars (chosen by the moderators) will be posted with a hidden poll. Everyone may vote for their favorite UotM avatar until July 1st. Each person may only vote once and may not change their vote, and avatars will be posted without the artists' usernames.
If you meant that the moderators would be selecting the finalists based on friendships, this would be incorrect. All moderators have friends in this community but they would never select a friend over a worthy entry, or any other important thing for that matter ^^.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:12 am

sparky_wolf wrote:If you meant that the moderators would be selecting the finalists based on friendships, this would be incorrect. All moderators have friends in this community but they would never select a friend over a worthy entry, or any other important thing for that matter ^^.
Exactly. The moderators will be able to see who created each avatar, but they will all (as will I) have a say in which avatars should be in the top 10. So we're all going to try to agree on the same ten (or however many we end up deciding on). And then after that, the entries will be posted without usernames, so the general forum members won't be able to tell whose avatar is whose, and the votes will be private anyway, so everyone should just vote on the one they really like, regardless of who made it.

Yes, the people whose avatars are in the top 10 could, offsite, try to convince their friends to vote for their avatar, whether their friends are moderators or other forum members. But I have faith that this community will vote for what they like, not vote for 'who' they like.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Kestrelflight
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kestrelflight » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Shame I won't get to wear it xD

I'll enter if I go home to Colorado soon enough xD
You can lead a horse to water, and you can lead a horse into water, and you can swim around with the horse and have fun.

#BEANCLUB

Avatar [c] idk someone (hint: it's not me)

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:45 am

I think I'll enter, though I'm not the best drawer. Is it alright if I just use a picture of wolfquest with the logo?

Ildflue
Pup
Pup

Post by Ildflue » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 am

I'm sooo entering.
The baot is has spoken.

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:48 am

ugh can't be bother to download another image art software i have gimp and i'll stick to that any way good luck everyone
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:25 pm

not trying to backseat moderate but Ildflue I think you're supposed to use more than three words in posts, you can check with a moderator just to make sure though. I cant wait to see the new avatar for the UotM's. :D

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 pm

safren wrote:not trying to backseat moderate but Ildflue I think you're supposed to use more than three words in posts, you can check with a moderator just to make sure though. I cant wait to see the new avatar for the UotM's. :D

...it's at least three words in a post - Ildflue is fine. :wink: In the future, if you do find something that you believe is breaking the rules, please use the report feature rather than commenting; thanks! Leave it to us to comment and notify the user, as that is part of our job, after all.

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:19 pm

ok sorry, Koa! I will do that next time.

───────╔═╗
───────║╔╝
╔══╦══╦╝╚╗
║══╣╔╗╠╗╔╝
╠══║╔╗║║║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╝

avvie© susijuani

Text art(c)nightly

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator