Bugs Contest Winners

Archived news, updates and announcements.
-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Bugs Contest Winners

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:Yea, but being a beta tester makes the game even better ^^

EDIT: Ok, so everyone wants to be a beta tester. Now that will never happen but I thought of something. What if the beta was public for people to download! Just like Windows, everyone could play around with the beta BUT only a limited amount of people could send reports or something like that. (Or even people could download the beta with limited features and only the "real" testers can get the full unlocked verson! Even if that means it is a non play game, just a watch like a video) I know this will never happen but it is just a thought... :mrgreen:
Yeah, being a beta tester would be pretty interesting, but I have faith in our current ones. I probably wouldn't be a very good one though, I tend to stumble in the ways of describing a glitch. xD I've tried.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:11 pm

It's a good idea, but that means anyone could download the game. It also means that there is probably a higher chance of reports that could be deemed useless because of the lack of information, as well as just a possible mass amount of e-mails that may not help. (even if there is a limited amount of people allowed to send in reports, there's a possiblity some of them wouldn't be of much help.)

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Yea, your right... Still I do hope to be a tester some day and maybe even a mod! Tho I am happy the way I am and it is very fun to be on the forums. I have never been with a better community and I hope to stay for EVER!!! Anyway, back on topic. Glad to see all the fresh testers ^^

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:Speaking of beta testers, I cant wait to see some new screen shots :mrgreen: I hope they are as good as my dream last night :lol:
You have WQ dreams too?! :shock: Yay! I'm not the only one! Most of my ideas for farther on eps or updates of WQ comes from my dreams in dream land... 8)

EDIT:
BooboosPiggy wrote:Yep, that would be cool for some new screenshots. Like something of rain. ^^
Not only rain, but lightning and resting too!
Nightly-Howler wrote:Yes, thanks Cana, but please don't rush them! I want to see some amazing shots so PLEASE take your time :mrgreen: I can wait ^^
Yes, I was not here for the making of WQ 2 Slough Creek, but if i'm right. I heard here on earlyer forum topics that the WQ team was rushed for the making on WQ 2. It came out earlyer sure, but it wasnt as good as planed if not rushed.
Last edited by -Sheeba on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Adding text from triple post

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

AveryCF, double, and triple posting is actually against the rules. Next time, just edit your last post instead of making a new one right after it ;) For now, I have added the information from your two extra posts into your first post, but please try to remember not to do it again. Thanks!

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 pm

-Sheeba wrote:AveryCF, double, and triple posting is actually against the rules. Next time, just edit your last post instead of making a new one right after it ;) For now, I have added the information from your two extra posts into your first post, but please try to remember not to do it again. Thanks!
Ok, i'm SO sorry! :cry: I never meant to be that bad.... I'll remember this for later on times I post. :cry:

Like now: So this is just like a look over but.
1. We have got our ideas for update 2.5. (Weather, time and resting)
2.We started making 2.5.
3.We got some screen shots put out for people of all of WQ. (The first 4 are of 2.5)
4.We got bug reports.
5.We had and WON the lightning contest, thanks to all of WQ fans for buying things and donating.
6.We now, "Just now", got beta testers for 2.5.
What will be the next step?

Oh! I forgot! With resting? Will resting include sitting, lying down and sleeping? Also, what keys on the key bord will be the resting key/keys?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Beta testing is the next step I assume. :3 We'll have to wait and see when that happens.

As for lying down: (winning option)
WQ Coordinator wrote:Option 3:
The same as option 1, except the first time you press 'z' (or 'r') will cause your wolf to sit. The second time you press it will cause your wolf to lie down. The third will give your wolf the option to sleep or stand back up (in single player). In multiplayer, pressing 'z' the first time causes your wolf to sit. Press it again, and your wolf will lie down. Press it again, and your wolf will stand up. So, other than the automated sit animation, your wolf is not able to sit then stand up- it has to sit, then lie down, then stand up because it's all controlled by one key.
Going to lock this topic - this thread was meant for congratulating users who participated/placed in the bug contest and I think it is just turning into a topic of discussion for 2.5., which was not its original purpose. :wink:

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”