Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Locked
User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by kmdogs97 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 am

Places
• Amethyst Mountain
• Slough Creek
• water
• tree
• den
• stranger wolf territory
• forest
• overlook
• creek
• plain
• ridge
• meadows
• cliffs
• sandbar
• oxbow
• lone tree
• The burn
• Pond
• Territory
• Cattle Ranch
I would say we don't need the only word pond, water, and sandbar. Those are a little vague and I never use those words in chat anyways. :D I hope that helped.

User avatar
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter
Posts: 6264
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 am

Maybe try to delete the words that are redundant or mean the same thing and only include one of those words?

Like 'Yay', Huzzah, Way to go!, Terrific, excellent, etc.

In general, I think the 'Exclamations' category should be significantly reduced to:
Exclamations

• Yay!
• Let’s rally!
• Good team work!
• Heehee, that’s funny!
• Let’s howl!
• Danger!
• Over here!
• Onward!
• I need some help!
• That scared me!
• Watch out!
• Oops!
• Nice job!
• Ouch!
• Run!

User avatar
asome
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by asome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 pm

that be great cana now its much better! :)

User avatar
Larkarl
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 2223
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 5:33 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Nonexistent.

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by Larkarl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree with Zethra, and also kmdogs97 on "sandbar".
WQ Coordinator wrote:And really, we should just replace 'rabbit' with 'hare'.
But, I didn't see rabbit anywhere on the narrowed-down list? ^^;

Also, since it looks like it will be possible to combine phrases based on the way you've set up those lists, would it be possible to add the words "a" and "the" in somewhere? The statements like "Let's go to" don't exactly work with all the location choices. "Let's go to ridge." would look better with "the" or "a".

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by kmdogs97 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Larkarl wrote:I agree with Zethra, and also kmdogs97 on "sandbar".
WQ Coordinator wrote:And really, we should just replace 'rabbit' with 'hare'.
But, I didn't see rabbit anywhere on the narrowed-down list? ^^;

Also, since it looks like it will be possible to combine phrases based on the way you've set up those lists, would it be possible to add the words "a" and "the" in somewhere? The statements like "Let's go to" don't exactly work with all the location choices. "Let's go to ridge." would look better with "the" or "a".
That's a good idea. I hope they add those in there. We could also take down the words that people don't use much in the common language EX: sandbar.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Gender: Female
Location: scrawling love into trees

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by Thandi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I use sandbar a lot in roleplay chats, like when I'm playing near a river, or directing a hunting group or pack near it.
Ex. Come on, lets go to the sandbar! Or, Ex. Eats on the sandbar.

User avatar
DarkxKiba
Pup
Pup
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 am
Gender: Female
Location: South - Holland - The Hague

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by DarkxKiba » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

just a question: you can say fish right? but will there be fish in the 2.5 then?
just asking xD :mrgreen:

User avatar
-Ratchet
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: Other
Location: Finger painting walls

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by -Ratchet » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 pm

This is a great idea, and it makes it much better! =D

User avatar
kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by kmdogs97 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 am

Thandi wrote:I use sandbar a lot in roleplay chats, like when I'm playing near a river, or directing a hunting group or pack near it.
Ex. Come on, lets go to the sandbar! Or, Ex. Eats on the sandbar.
Ok, I just never heard anyone use it, but it's great that someone is using it! I'll have to try to keep checking the list if I find words and phrases that don't need to be up there...

User avatar
Toca_Master_14
Pup
Pup
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by Toca_Master_14 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks, Cana! This is an excellent idea. I think it will help a lot. How do you come up with so many great ideas?

User avatar
topdogyaman
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:07 am
Gender: Female

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by topdogyaman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:34 am

Hey I've got one more greeting response.

Greeting: Hey y'all there

User avatar
RoarOriole
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm

DarkxKiba wrote:just a question: you can say fish right? but will there be fish in the 2.5 then?
just asking xD :mrgreen:
No fish in 2.5. :U

Just weather, time, sit/lay down, a sleep/timeskip, the chat options, and possibly lightning if enough money is raised.

Kanduk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by Kanduk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I like the idea but what if some one just didnt lik you and reported you for no reason then you wouldnt be able to play and you didnt even have to do any thing. like the time i got reported for no reason and couldnt go back to my best friends server. but other than that it is a good idea i like the whole part were you can rest and you should add in the option to be a puppy in multi player and any other thing is thye should should add more animals like bison and cougars. :D

User avatar
RoarOriole
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Kanduk wrote:I like the idea but what if some one just didnt lik you and reported you for no reason then you wouldnt be able to play and you didnt even have to do any thing. like the time i got reported for no reason and couldnt go back to my best friends server. but other than that it is a good idea i like the whole part were you can rest and you should add in the option to be a puppy in multi player and any other thing is thye should should add more animals like bison and cougars. :D
If they do not have a viable reason for reporting you then no punishment will be received.

User avatar
NightlyH
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 812
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm
Gender: Agender
Location: Inside a computer generated world
Contact:

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by NightlyH » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Hmm, great Idea, this might help with the whole bad comments thing that everyone is talking about... Cant wait to see!

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”