Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Zethra

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by Zethra » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:26 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:So now's the time to discuss. Can anyone give any reasonings as to why they think a phrase already listed should or should not be part of this phrased chat? If you still have more suggestions, you can add them, but we definitely have more than enough at this point.

I looked through the phrase chat; and I think the words listed are reasonable. However, I am not to sure about the word fog on it's own - as I don't know how it would be used as a single word.

Perhaps if it would be used; having it in a sentence. Such as something involving the cattle ranch ect.

JustinVasquez
Pup
Pup

Post by JustinVasquez » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Do we really have to choose these words instead of typing? I like typing instead

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Ya, can we please keep typing? Also, can we please be able to say she and him? Boy or girl at least?! And not just ,she for she or hum for him. Her or he?! I mean, they are different things than the words we shall not use witch are mate and male/female. :(

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Please do not go off topic. And read the Chat Lexicon FAQ for answers to your questions.

This phrased chat will only be an option in 2.5.

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 pm

.... :( Sorry.....

gipfish
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by gipfish » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Suggestions:

Technical/Help

Press "K" to bow.
You are glitching. Please bow.

laureta_8
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by laureta_8 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 am

chicken wrote:What about a free chat?
The Host should be able to choose this option, too. And children younger than 14 (or whatever) can't enter the game.
Also it will give players from other nations the chance to communicate with each other on their languages. WQ is played all over the would, not only in USA or England.
I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I'm spanish and, a lot of times, when i was chatting with somebody in the multiplayer, I didn't understand a lot of words (lol) and I was like: m..can you repeat me, please?
And I think there's more people like me that want this option too!

And optional think could be that you canwrite with the language that you want :D

THANK FOR POSTING THIS CANA! And sorry for spelling mistakes :mrgreen:

smiley014
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by smiley014 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 pm

could be say dominance?

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Despite the fact that we all wish people were good as adults/teenagers, that's not true. Age of bad MP players isn't only those who are subject to COPPA. Just because you're 13 or 14 or whatever doesn't mean you're good. It's just as likely for a bad WQ player to be 60 as it is for them to be 9. Plus, people would be inspired to lie about their age more to get into free chat, and requiring a parent e-mail doesn't always work either, as anyone can have two email addresses, and enter one as their own and one as that of their parents, and then the parent e-mail field of that user's registration becomes worthless. I wish just as much as anyone that there was some magic spell that made you turn good when you were a certain age, but there isn't, so implying that "if we let only people of certain ages enter _________________, it will be safe", is a bad thing to imply. Bad people can be of any age, and people can lie when registering too. Having age restrictions or means to contact parents(except for those required by law) is pretty worthless in my opinion. In the long-term, it does little or nothing to solve the problem, as it does not significantly remove vulnerability to inappropriate behavior.

kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Post by kmdogs97 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm

I agree with jaguartail. on some points. I agree that if a player wasn't a certain age or along that lines that the pack creator could choose the age ex: 9-12, 13+. But back to the main subject. I suggest that you could say:
When will you be back on?
Can you add me as a freind?
Where's your favorite area on the map?
What's your favorite map?
Do you want to join my pack?
Have you explored over here before?
When did you join WolfQuest?
Sorry if one of them was repeated, it was hard to remember what everyone else said. Anyways, I hope these helped! :idea:

BlueWulf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlueWulf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Some Suggestions=

Where are you going?
Go to the water.
Go to the creek.
swim (on it's own)

kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Post by kmdogs97 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 am

Ok, so he phrases are like you start to type something and the phrases show up in a seperate box? I just was wondering how exactly it would look and am curious if you would release some pictures of them in the gam if possible... I know you most likely won't, but I was just wondering.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 am

I'd be happy to release some pictures once it's actually programmed into the game. I'll try to give more game updates as I get them, and I'll try to include things like that.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

cattamer
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cattamer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 pm

I think that this new Wolf Quest Is SO nice! 8)

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm

I think these are all great ideas but typing is sometimes a good way to communicate. In wolf Quest 2.5 a chat box should be an option for the host of the game. If there is no chat box i am afraid it will become hard to communicate.... The pack talks to know what they all want to do and each others names as wolves and because in the wild wolves communicate with barks and growls and also howling i think we should be able to talk too even if it means adding more to the list of words we cant say. In wolf Quest 2.5 we should also be able to growl, bark, whimper, and snarl not only just howling and whining while bowing.
These are only sugestions! Thanks! :D

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”