Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Archived news, updates and announcements.
midnightlight03
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Episode 2.5 Update- Phrased chat option

Post by midnightlight03 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 pm

i think all these words are perfect but i think we should be able to say: he, she, his, her, hers .

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

midnightlight03 wrote:i think all these words are perfect but i think we should be able to say: he, she, his, her, hers .
Interesting suggestions, though I do not believe those words(separately) would be added into the lexicon. Manly because of events in the past that have lead to inappropriate chats.
WQ Coordinator wrote:While we do understand that the majority of people had been using these words appropriately and had no intent to do any harm or participate in inappropriate chat, there have been too many abuse reports (with proof! thank you!) that led me to believe that removing these words was the next step in trying to move people away from this continued mating nonsense (please see the next topic for more clarification about the mating issue). Sorry if this decision causes trouble for those of you who have always acted appropriately, but we felt this was a warranted action at this time.

Even by removing some common words that could be used inappropriately, we still have well over 6,000 words in the chat lexicon, plus all the word endings that can be added (like -s, -ing, or -ed). Some people are complaining about the constant increase in word filtering, but you're able to type more (appropriate) words now than you've ever been able to type in the past. It really is too bad that we have to remove some words because a few people abuse them, but hopefully the chats will keep improving and will be family-friendly yet still fun.
Why have male/female & he/she been removed from the lexicon? - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=39802

Wolf of Twilight
Pup
Pup

Post by Wolf of Twilight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Zethra wrote:
midnightlight03 wrote:i think all these words are perfect but i think we should be able to say: he, she, his, her, hers .
Interesting suggestions, though I do not believe those words(separately) would be added into the lexicon. Manly because of events in the past that have lead to inappropriate chats.
WQ Coordinator wrote:While we do understand that the majority of people had been using these words appropriately and had no intent to do any harm or participate in inappropriate chat, there have been too many abuse reports (with proof! thank you!) that led me to believe that removing these words was the next step in trying to move people away from this continued mating nonsense (please see the next topic for more clarification about the mating issue). Sorry if this decision causes trouble for those of you who have always acted appropriately, but we felt this was a warranted action at this time.

Even by removing some common words that could be used inappropriately, we still have well over 6,000 words in the chat lexicon, plus all the word endings that can be added (like -s, -ing, or -ed). Some people are complaining about the constant increase in word filtering, but you're able to type more (appropriate) words now than you've ever been able to type in the past. It really is too bad that we have to remove some words because a few people abuse them, but hopefully the chats will keep improving and will be family-friendly yet still fun.
Why have male/female & he/she been removed from the lexicon? - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=39802
Well if it's a phrased chat, then there will be no abuse.

Rhea
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Rhea » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

It was a great idea to make the phrased chat box an option, and even greater to let the community help out! I have a few words that, after reading through the list on the first post, I have found left out:

Greetings:
Salutations!
Good day!
Hi [player’s name]!
Hai!

General Responses:
If you want to help get future episodes or updates to the game, buy something from the store!
I know where the human impact signs are! Follow me!
The human impact signs are at [place].
Yes, I’m still here!
Yes, I think [player] is still here.
No, I don’t think [player] is still here.

General Questions:
What’s the URL for the WolfQuest forums?
How can we help to get future episodes?
Do you know where the human impact signs are?
Are you still there?
Is [player] still there?

Exclamations:
Wonderful!

Hunting/Eating:
Can I eat first?
I’ll eat last.
Which elk should we take down?

Animals:
Lone wolf

Exploring:
Let’s run to [place]!
Let’s walk to [place].
Wait up!

Friends:
I’m pretty sure we’ve met before!
Will you add me to your friends list?
I added you to my friends list.

Partings:
Cya!

If some of these were already suggested, feel free to disregard them. :3

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 am

Because we are no longer taking suggestions, I'll lock this topic. If you would like to comment more about the phrased chat, please check out some of the applicable topics in the General WolfQuest Discussion forum.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”