Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Archived news, updates and announcements.
NightlyH

Re: Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Post by NightlyH » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 pm

They are very good at telling us when things are going to be updated. It is just the people who make little lies that turn into bigger things. I would not worry tho, I am not giving a date but I dont think it will be NEXT spring. It only took like a year and a half to make Slough Creek (Unless I am from a different planet, it should not take too long to make upgrades) but I am not sure how long they have been doing the 2.5 so PLEASE dont think this is a date. And even if it takes until next spring, they game will be just as good or even better. So please dont rush them (Unlike the Sonic fans who rushed SAGA) they need their space too. Just look at Cana, she works at the zoo, reads emails, works on wolf quest, works on the forums and the list goes on and on. Dont forget that all the people who work on wolf quest also have lives too :wink: .

Lol, sorry for my rant, just wanted to get that out their :mrgreen:

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Once again, there is NO estimate release date been given by the team. Not even a month, a season or a few months. Like others have said, and I know I am repeating myself but I cannot stress this enough unless the person saying a release date can quote a moderator or team member then do not believe it. We do not need a repeat of rumours going around and everyone getting their hopes up for nothing.

Also in regards to lightning. We do not know the specifics as of yet. The team have not released any information. So we have no idea if there will be sound effects or if fires will start.

naruto10482
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by naruto10482 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

WinterLeaf wrote:A mod in the game told me that it would come out in spring of next year :D I hope she is right :D
well i dont know about that mod but cana and the other
mods said the game will be out by/before the end of this
year you might wanna browse around this topic and a
topic called: ideas for new episode. so yeah
u might wanna browse around some more

JustinVasquez
Pup
Pup

Post by JustinVasquez » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 pm

WinterLeaf wrote:A mod in the game told me that it would come out in spring of next year :D I hope she is right :D
Like the others said there is no realese date.

and Im pretty sure it will not be realesed next year but this year before the end of 2011
This episode will definitely be released before the end of 2011;we’ll give you a more specific estimated release date after we’ve gotten farther along in the programming and have a better idea for how much time it will take to complete everything.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:02 pm

wolf567 wrote:Once again, there is NO estimate release date been given by the team. Not even a month, a season or a few months. Like others have said, and I know I am repeating myself but I cannot stress this enough unless the person saying a release date can quote a moderator or team member then do not believe it. We do not need a repeat of rumours going around and everyone getting their hopes up for nothing.

Also in regards to lightning. We do not know the specifics as of yet. The team have not released any information. So we have no idea if there will be sound effects or if fires will start.
Yea, I wish people would read the older pages... They have lots of the answers that people are asking. Oh well, I guess it is time for me to leave this topic. It is getting old and their is really no need for me to stay. See you around :mrgreen:

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:15 pm

O_O!!!!!! WE MADE IT!?!?!?!? YAY!!!!!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!! I'v been gone for so long my mind is woraling with confution... Oh well, I came back because well. I'v been having these dreams.... Over and over again. They all have to do with WolfQuest, lol. New ideas for WolfQuest to make it better. I know we already are going to do time, weather and resting but, for the new updates or eps.
1. Can we make wolves be able to carry food? Like a elk leg, or a hare body? To eat some where else if we wanted to?
2. Can your mate (In single player) "REALY" hunt!? Please!? When they go off on their own, to hunt for food for your pups. They just "STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING!" I mean it! I'v followed my mate (I had nothing better to do at the time being) and she (Yes,she. I'm a girl but I play a guy to be able to be stronger) just stood there. And when she came back she had food to feed our pups! Can our mates realy hunt? And you can help them hunt? And when you kill the elk there is a carcuse?
3. Can we be able to go in our dens? And sleep in there?
4. Can we have more animals in the game? All we have is wolves, coyotes, bears, hares and elk. Don't forget that annoying eagle at the end of single player. There is more animals than that in Yellowstone. Can we add "all" of them? Please?

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:45 pm

cad6000 wrote:They are very good at telling us when things are going to be updated. It is just the people who make little lies that turn into bigger things. I would not worry tho, I am not giving a date but I dont think it will be NEXT spring. It only took like a year and a half to make Slough Creek (Unless I am from a different planet, it should not take too long to make upgrades) but I am not sure how long they have been doing the 2.5 so PLEASE dont think this is a date. And even if it takes until next spring, they game will be just as good or even better. So please dont rush them (Unlike the Sonic fans who rushed SAGA) they need their space too. Just look at Cana, she works at the zoo, reads emails, works on wolf quest, works on the forums and the list goes on and on. Dont forget that all the people who work on wolf quest also have lives too :wink: .

Lol, sorry for my rant, just wanted to get that out their :mrgreen:
Adding on, many WQ members rushed the release of Slough Creek, and it came out, in my opinion, about a month or two before it should have. I'd rather not see SC deluxe get rushed as well.

12nicolleNEW12
Pup
Pup

Post by 12nicolleNEW12 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

AveryCF wrote:O_O!!!!!! WE MADE IT!?!?!?!? YAY!!!!!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!! I'v been gone for so long my mind is woraling with confution... Oh well, I came back because well. I'v been having these dreams.... Over and over again. They all have to do with WolfQuest, lol. New ideas for WolfQuest to make it better. I know we already are going to do time, weather and resting but, for the new updates or eps.
1. Can we make wolves be able to carry food? Like a elk leg, or a hare body? To eat some where else if we wanted to?
2. Can your mate (In single player) "REALY" hunt!? Please!? When they go off on their own, to hunt for food for your pups. They just "STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING!" I mean it! I'v followed my mate (I had nothing better to do at the time being) and she (Yes,she. I'm a girl but I play a guy to be able to be stronger) just stood there. And when she came back she had food to feed our pups! Can our mates realy hunt? And you can help them hunt? And when you kill the elk there is a carcuse?
4. Can we have more animals in the game? All we have is wolves, coyotes, bears, hares and elk. Don't forget that annoying eagle at the end of single player. There is more animals than that in Yellowstone. Can we add "all" of them? Please?
Another questions to answer... :roll:
1. Can we make wolves be able to carry food?: I'm not well sure of it. But I GUESS it will be able...
2. Can your mate (In single player) "REALLY" hunt?!: Obviously yes, in Amethyst Mountain you MUST HUNT with her, she isn't going to HUNT for YOU. You can feed yourself.... :shock:
3. Can we be able to go in our dens? And sleep in there?: Like the first answer... I'm not sure of it. But I GUESS it will be able...
4. Can we have more animals in the game?: It was one of the finalists of the Big Ideas Contest. I'm not sure if they are going to be added to the game.
Oh and please, before asking a question on a topic, check the FAQS. I recommend you as a Mod. helper! :D There you will find all the answers you want.
Oh and a tip for Admins and Mods when you start programming the game:
"When you are going to start programming, be sure to pay attention at the SELLING, actually the JOBS and everything, the PROGRAMMING and the COMMUNITY FORUM. Well I'm not sure if there are more tasks. But for me it is a good tip."
Got something to spread:
I <3 WolfQuest! :mrgreen:

Sillything16
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Sillything16 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Are there any new screenshots, I especially want to see screenshots of the wolves lying down, to see what it looks like.

Also, on the topic of screenshots, will there be a new screenshot gallery for SC 2.5, like they did last year with the release of SC?

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm

AveryCF wrote:O_O!!!!!! WE MADE IT!?!?!?!? YAY!!!!!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!! I'v been gone for so long my mind is woraling with confution... Oh well, I came back because well. I'v been having these dreams.... Over and over again. They all have to do with WolfQuest, lol. New ideas for WolfQuest to make it better. I know we already are going to do time, weather and resting but, for the new updates or eps.

The only thing that will be added in 2.5 is Weather,time,the ability for your wolf to lay down, and lightning. Sorry.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm

In the future, please be sure to keep any ideas on the "Ideas for new episodes" thread. Thanks!
Sillything16 wrote:Are there any new screenshots, I especially want to see screenshots of the wolves lying down, to see what it looks like.

Also, on the topic of screenshots, will there be a new screenshot gallery for SC 2.5, like they did last year with the release of SC?
I believe you'll know if there are any new screenshots - just keep checking here and the screenshot gallery regularly.
I suppose so - there's already a section for 2.5. in the gallery I believe.

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 pm

12nicolleNEW12 wrote:
Another questions to answer... :roll:
1. Can we make wolves be able to carry food?: I'm not well sure of it. But I GUESS it will be able...
2. Can your mate (In single player) "REALLY" hunt?!: Obviously yes, in Amethyst Mountain you MUST HUNT with her, she isn't going to HUNT for YOU. You can feed yourself.... :shock:
3. Can we be able to go in our dens? And sleep in there?: Like the first answer... I'm not sure of it. But I GUESS it will be able...
4. Can we have more animals in the game?: It was one of the finalists of the Big Ideas Contest. I'm not sure if they are going to be added to the game.
Oh and please, before asking a question on a topic, check the FAQS. I recommend you as a Mod. helper! :D There you will find all the answers you want.
Oh and a tip for Admins and Mods when you start programming the game:
"When you are going to start programming, be sure to pay attention at the SELLING, actually the JOBS and everything, the PROGRAMMING and the COMMUNITY FORUM. Well I'm not sure if there are more tasks. But for me it is a good tip."
Got something to spread:
I <3 WolfQuest! :mrgreen:
:evil: THATS NOT WHAT i MEANT!!! I mean, can she hunt for your pups all by her self! Not hunt with you! And you can cchoose to join her or not.

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:48 pm

mynameisfaolan wrote:

The only thing that will be added in 2.5 is Weather,time,the ability for your wolf to lay down, and lightning. Sorry.
I know that, but what about later eps or updates. There has to be more, yellowstone is HUGE, you can choose another area to star in for other eps if WolfQuest realy wanted to.

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 pm

AveryCF wrote:
mynameisfaolan wrote:

I know that, but what about later eps or updates. There has to be more, yellowstone is HUGE, you can choose another area to star in for other eps if WolfQuest realy wanted to.
Any new locations, as previously mentioned by Cana, will be reserved and chosen when the time is right for a new episode.

Remember, keep donating and/or purchasing so 2.5 and future episodes(if any) can be created to their full potential!

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by AveryCF » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 am

I know that, but what about later eps or updates. There has to be more, yellowstone is HUGE, you can choose another area to star in for other eps if WolfQuest realy wanted to.[/quote]

Any new locations, as previously mentioned by Cana, will be reserved and chosen when the time is right for a new episode.

Remember, keep donating and/or purchasing so 2.5 and future episodes(if any) can be created to their full potential!
[/quote]

Thanks, i'll do my best to help. (ugh, schools tomorrow. That means 5 days with out being able to get on, and 5 days worth reading what people say about WolfQuest. Oh well, can't stop it.) Hope to see you soon WolfQuest! Keep working hard, wagging tails and howling to the moon! Maybe one day I might see you people online. My pack is night hunters if you see me! (Important fact) Yay! We got to our goal of lightning! Can't wait till there is a realease date! :D

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”