Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Archived news, updates and announcements.
-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm

I think this quote might help you:
WQ Coordinator wrote: and please keep clicking on the forum ads- that's like donating someone else's money- free to you but still a donation

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm

-x-Zaroque-x- wrote:I think this quote might help you:
WQ Coordinator wrote: and please keep clicking on the forum ads- that's like donating someone else's money- free to you but still a donation
Oh yush!
*Click, click, click time!*
Oh, and just a reminder- don't go randomly clicking adds, some may not be safe.
~Frodo
Edit: I just clicked on the FooPets add about 50 trillion times in a row!

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:59 pm

LOL Frodo. xD

I'll definitely try to get something from the store, or to at least donate some cash. If not then I'll just beat Frodo's clicking record. x3

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Shusuke wrote:LOL Frodo. xD

I'll definitely try to get something from the store, or to at least donate some cash. If not then I'll just beat Frodo's clicking record. x3
We'll see...
I did some more clicking since I last updated...
*TIME FOR MORE CLICKING!!!*
~Frodo

Swifty
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Wildtale

Post by Swifty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Shusuke wrote:LOL Frodo. xD

We'll see...
I did some more clicking since I last updated...
*TIME FOR MORE CLICKING!!!*
~Frodo
Same here, more clicks for lightning! :mrgreen:

horsesrmybffs
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by horsesrmybffs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Ahh cool!
Cannot wait! ;D

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

free clicks = lightning sounds good to me! I will be glad to help!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh, and Cana, you ARE adding the donated money from clicking the ads to the running contest total, right? You probably only get a report per month on the revenue you earned, right?

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Just wondering, how much does each 'click' donate to WQ? I think on Google Ads it's one dollar or something near that..

silverstar24
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by silverstar24 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Oh this sounds great! But I was just wondering, if there is lightning, does that mean that there would be a storm? I find it kind of weird if there would be lightning on a bright, sunny day... :?

iAisu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by iAisu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Edited the post...hopefully it's a bit more clear now. But yes, if we raise more than $1,000 by March 1st, we'd then add lightning and either something else to the game (like the lightning having more of an impact on the environment or one of the 'game enhancements' ideas) or just put it toward general bug fixing/upkeep/maintenance, depending on how much we raise and how much some of the other ideas would cost to implement.
I have an idea what you can add...
Maybe weather change in multiplayer? Just lightning is not that big... having lightning in the middle of a sunny day? Doesn't make sense. Instead of just lightning, why not add the whole bit? Rain Storms, Lightning Storms, Snow, Humid, etc? (Not just storms, maybe frequent changes in weather, just like in Real Life.) That would be great!
Another suggestion, update the multiplayer mode. It has fallen behind. It disconnects quiet often and lags way to much. A lot of connection errors as well. The text chat is censored way too much, loosen it up a little. I can't even type my gender on there, more or less, my own name. Not trying to put you down on your hard work. But this cannot be put off any longer. I would greatly appreciate it if this was definitely fixed. I have a couple more suggestions, but it won't be able to work if multiplayer mode isn't redone and more improved. So until then, I only ask for this in return for donating to you. Thank you.

JuneTheMare
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by JuneTheMare » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 am

I opened three Firefox Windows and I filled the tab things with the ads! I went clicker crazy!!!(I am doing this for two hours a day) :D Haha

Swifty
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swifty » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 am

iAisu wrote:
WQ Coordinator wrote:Edited the post...hopefully it's a bit more clear now. But yes, if we raise more than $1,000 by March 1st, we'd then add lightning and either something else to the game (like the lightning having more of an impact on the environment or one of the 'game enhancements' ideas) or just put it toward general bug fixing/upkeep/maintenance, depending on how much we raise and how much some of the other ideas would cost to implement.
Maybe weather change in multiplayer? Just lightning is not that big... having lightning in the middle of a sunny day? Doesn't make sense. Instead of just lightning, why not add the whole bit? Rain Storms, Lightning Storms, Snow, Humid, etc? (Not just storms, maybe frequent changes in weather, just like in Real Life.) That would be great!
Another suggestion, update the multiplayer mode. It has fallen behind. It disconnects quiet often and lags way to much. A lot of connection errors as well. The text chat is censored way too much, loosen it up a little. I can't even type my gender on there, more or less, my own name. Not trying to put you down on your hard work. But this cannot be put off any longer. I would greatly appreciate it if this was definitely fixed. I have a couple more suggestions, but it won't be able to work if multiplayer mode isn't redone and more improved. So until then, I only ask for this in return for donating to you. Thank you.
In the episode 2.5 ideas contest, the idea weather and time won. So like you said, all sorts of weather will be added to the game, both single player and multi. Lightning is just another add-on to enhance the game affects. Also your not supposed to be able to write your gender in the chat, quote:
[color=#FF0000]WQ Coordinator[/color] wrote:
What is allowed: partners/pairs/friends (not mates) leading a pack.
This has been stressed in other newsletters, but we wanted to clarify yet again, since it’s still an issue. Yes, the first mission in the single player version of the game (and a real life mission for wolves) is to find a mate, so we can completely understand why people would want to try to find a mate in multiplayer as well. The difference, however, is that a computer version of a mate is completely safe, whereas playing with another live human being sometimes is not, and we can only do so much word filtering to try to prevent inappropriate mating-related behavior. If ‘partners’ becomes too gender-focused, we’ll have to remove that as well, but we’re hoping everyone can understand our reasoning and not take it to that point. So rather than focusing on trying to find a partner of a specific gender, if you want to roleplay a pack in an open multiplayer game, please do so without the gender focus so we don’t have to remove more words to help enforce this.
In other words, no more genders.

P.S. Sorry if this is considered back-seat modding! :roll: :lol: :(

iAisu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by iAisu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

Swifty wrote:
iAisu wrote:
In the episode 2.5 ideas contest, the idea weather and time won. So like you said, all sorts of weather will be added to the game, both single player and multi. Lightning is just another add-on to enhance the game affects. Also your not supposed to be able to write your gender in the chat, quote:
This has been stressed in other newsletters, but we wanted to clarify yet again, since it’s still an issue. Yes, the first mission in the single player version of the game (and a real life mission for wolves) is to find a mate, so we can completely understand why people would want to try to find a mate in multiplayer as well. The difference, however, is that a computer version of a mate is completely safe, whereas playing with another live human being sometimes is not, and we can only do so much word filtering to try to prevent inappropriate mating-related behavior. If ‘partners’ becomes too gender-focused, we’ll have to remove that as well, but we’re hoping everyone can understand our reasoning and not take it to that point. So rather than focusing on trying to find a partner of a specific gender, if you want to roleplay a pack in an open multiplayer game, please do so without the gender focus so we don’t have to remove more words to help enforce this.

Thank you very much. And I don't consider this back-seat modding at all. I appreciate your reply.

Swifty
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swifty » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:35 am

iAisu wrote:
Swifty wrote:
iAisu wrote: I have an idea what you can add...

Thank you very much. And I don't consider this back-seat modding at all. I appreciate your reply.
Your welcome, anyways, I hope that the next time Cana updates that we will have at least $100. It seems to me that several people wanted to buy stuff over the weekend. :mrgreen: :P

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”