Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Songhowl
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Post by Songhowl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

This is a great idea, thanks for sharing Cana!
I would really like to see lightning in the game! :mrgreen:

-Song-

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:To add on to what Kipcha said, the contest total goes up when I check for orders. I can only do that while I'm here at the zoo, which is only a few days a week. So if you order something and the total doesn't go up for a few days, it doesn't mean the order was lost. (Or just in general, if the total doesn't go up for a few days, it doesn't mean no one has purchased anything.) Today, for example, will probably be my last day to check orders until next Monday, so don't worry if the total doesn't change for a few days.

And yes, regardless of how much money is earned, whether that's just the $80 we're at now or we raise $10,000, all of it goes to WolfQuest. Not necessarily toward game enhancements, but for things like maintenance and bug fixes as well. (It costs $5,000 a year just to pay for the WolfQuest server, and that doesn't include any kind of extra work like fixes, username activations and changes, and all that good stuff.) So don't forget to keep clicking on those ads, too!

Thanks for that information, Cana!

And yeah - it's great we are already at $80. I plan to make a (bigger) donation in the next week or so.

Howl forever14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Howl forever14 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm

OMG!!!! x10!!!!!!! I would love to have lightning in the game! Thanks so much Cana! Also, If we send large $$ donations in, would it result in the episode being released sooner? I just started a fundraiser for myself to raise $$ for wolfquest. My goal is to get at least 150 dollars. Also, I can't WAIT for 2.5 to come out! I'm recommending Wolfquest to most of my friends, because its so fun. But my mom says constantly that I'm obsessed, LOL :) ;)

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Eighty dolloars isn't that far away from one thousand, but I believe that we can do it. :3

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks for telling us this, Cana! Lightning would be supercool to have in 2.5 =D When I can, I will be sure to either donate or buy something from the store! :mrgreen:

naruto10482
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by naruto10482 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:46 pm

haha yeah lightning that would be a step further to make the game way better
wow i will try my best to help donate money to get that feature to happen

-Kira-
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by -Kira- » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Sorry for this meaningless post XD I just wanna be sure I remember to check it often and see how we are doing ;D

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 pm

This came in good timing, my b-day is coming up and I have WolfQuest stuff on my list. Or if no one gets me that because they feel like it makes me even more of a WolfQuest nerd, then I'll just pay for the stuff with b-day money. :mrgreen:
And I'll be sure to donate soon too when I get a chance.

Leafstep
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Leafstep » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:15 am

Oh boy!!! lightnin and g!!!! i'd donate but 1 my parents cant afford it 2 i dont have any money :C 3 ill tell lots of people about WQ!! i tell them its fun and educational for everyonea!

Klaabu789
Pup
Pup

Post by Klaabu789 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hi! how many dollars wq team need when we get lighting? :P one day i have a idea where you wq team are i go there and get you a 1000 dollars and a lighting is in the game... but my mom say that is not good idea. i think you wq team get a 1000 dollars or much more money :D

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:21 am

Klaabu789 wrote:Hi! how many dollars wq team need when we get lighting? :P one day i have a idea where you wq team are i go there and get you a 1000 dollars and a lighting is in the game... but my mom say that is not good idea. i think you wq team get a 1000 dollars or much more money :D
Hi; the team needs 1000 dollars to get lightning in the game.

Alastrina
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: My den near Slough Creek, or Saddle Meadows, you know where they are!

Post by Alastrina » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 am

Quick question:
Do we have to buy something from the store in order for the amount to be considered, or can we just send a donation without buying any products? Because, then you would've have to pay for shipping/packaging or anything. Just have the money sent right to you. I am just considering this, because I don't have space for more clothes/necklaces/figurines,etc, but I do have money that I can donate. If you could please answer this question I might get to donating faster; I would hate to send 50$ in and it not count towards the goal of 1,000$. Thank you though! I positively love the idea of a lightning feature, be it effective in gameplay, or just purely ascetic.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

As described in the first post, you can also make a donation, and yes, donating is the best way because 100% of the money goes toward WolfQuest, rather than shipping and product costs, etc. So yes, by all means, please donate, and please keep clicking on the forum ads- that's like donating someone else's money- free to you but still a donation! :mrgreen:

And to answer the question about speed- no, if you donate, it will not speed up the release date of the game. Regardless of how much money we have, it still takes time to program everything and because we have such an incredibly small staff who have other projects to work on, the time it takes to release the game is determined a lot by their availability, but also on the amount of work it actually takes to do the programming and fix the problems that come up because of the new programming. So, for example, if we raise enough money to add lightning, that may be a simple model of a lightning bolt and some light flashes added in without any problems, or it may be that, for whatever reason, the lightning ends up looking like it's always striking your wolf or sometimes shows up during clear skies so has to be adjusted. (Those are really simple examples- all programming is more complex than that, but just giving you an idea.)

So that's why we try not to give an estimated release date until we've done more programming- we just honestly don't know how long it will take to implement some things and what problems may arise when we do. But we are very certain it will come out before the end of 2011, and are hoping it will be well before that.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Indeed Lightning sounds fasinating, $1,000 is a largeish milestone, but with the support of the community players, I am sure it can happen. ^^

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:As described in the first post, you can also make a donation, and yes, donating is the best way because 100% of the money goes toward WolfQuest, rather than shipping and product costs, etc. So yes, by all means, please donate, and please keep clicking on the forum ads- that's like donating someone else's money- free to you but still a donation! :mrgreen:

And to answer the question about speed- no, if you donate, it will not speed up the release date of the game. Regardless of how much money we have, it still takes time to program everything and because we have such an incredibly small staff who have other projects to work on, the time it takes to release the game is determined a lot by their availability, but also on the amount of work it actually takes to do the programming and fix the problems that come up because of the new programming. So, for example, if we raise enough money to add lightning, that may be a simple model of a lightning bolt and some light flashes added in without any problems, or it may be that, for whatever reason, the lightning ends up looking like it's always striking your wolf or sometimes shows up during clear skies so has to be adjusted. (Those are really simple examples- all programming is more complex than that, but just giving you an idea.)

So that's why we try not to give an estimated release date until we've done more programming- we just honestly don't know how long it will take to implement some things and what problems may arise when we do. But we are very certain it will come out before the end of 2011, and are hoping it will be well before that.
Do adds help raise money, too?
~Frodo

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”