Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Arikae
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Moose

Re: Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest

Post by Arikae » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm

OHYES

I have some extra money I've saved up from babysitting. Lightning is always cool, so I think I know what I'll be purchasing~

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Wow, what an interesting and interactive way to earn money for the creation of lightning and the benefit of the game! I myself and others around me would probably love WolfQuest items, so I'll have to see if I know anyone else who would like something like this. c:

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Bwhaha, lighting, that would certainly be an interesting feature to place within the gameplay c: I shall try and purchase or possible donate sometime soon, though I shall have to look into it first. $1,000, to me, certainly seems achievable within the amount of time we have!

Swifty
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Wildtale

Post by Swifty » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Wow! Lightning! That would be such a cool feature to add to the game. :mrgreen: I've already got a t-shirt, maybe I can donate or buy the necklace. Lets hope we make it! :mrgreen:

portia
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by portia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Lightning certainly will be an interesting feature to add to the game and having a fundraiser for it is a fantastic idea! I think having a deadline and a specific goal will help motivate people to donate and help out the development of a cool new feature.
I will make sure to do my part too ;]

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

How cool Cana, I'll be sure to order a necklace for my sister's b day present! :3

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Awesome! I'll see if I can order some things from the shop.

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 am

I have $186 right now.... Il defently buy some stuff(t-shirt and necklaces FTW!). Ill order later tomorrow because its 1:00am right now... So ill do it tomorrow! I cant wait!

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I think I might treat myself to something from WQ's shop then for a change. Generally, I just send a donation (and let a member from my pack pick out a prize from the shop), but maybe I'll get that bear mood neck and a tshirt. :]

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm

I've got my eye on those wolf figurines; they'll be a great addition to my collection. Hopefully I'll be able to get them soon.

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 pm

two question first what will you do with the money if we don't reach the goal and 2 every time someone buy something it will go up right ?

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 pm

goldenwolf1 wrote:two question first what will you do with the money if we don't reach the goal and 2 every time someone buy something it will go up right ?
I can answer the second: every time someone buys something, the money toward the $1000 goes up. However, as Cana said in the first post, not 100% of the money you pay goes to the $1000; some of it covers shipping, etc. The picture on the first post will only change when Cana updates it.

From the first post:
Profit for each item: while profit varies based on how much the actual shipping price is, I decided to make things simpler by assigning a specific amount to each store item, so you'd know approximately how much your purchases add to the grand total. The profit listed here doesn't necessarily reflect the real profit made (which doesn't include my time to process the orders, the cost of envelopes, etc.), but it does give you an idea of which things help raise more money. In general, purchasing anything with a WolfQuest logo on it (shirts and patches) helps the most, simply because we've already spent the money to purchase the product. So if there have already been enough items sold to recover the initial cost, all of that purchase price is profit.

So, here's how all our store items will count toward this contest:
•WolfQuest T-shirt- $10
•Plush, toys, and necklaces- $5
•WolfQuest patch and wolf magnet cling- $2
•Donations- 100% of amount donated

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 pm

If the goal is not reached then the money will still go on WolfQuest, what exactly will depend. It may go for bug fixes, forum maintenance or many other things which are vital to keep WQ going.

Anyway, I have now ordered a bear paw necklace to help out.. will also be making a donation soon as well.. lets reach this goal guys! :mrgreen:

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 pm

To add on to what Kipcha said, the contest total goes up when I check for orders. I can only do that while I'm here at the zoo, which is only a few days a week. So if you order something and the total doesn't go up for a few days, it doesn't mean the order was lost. (Or just in general, if the total doesn't go up for a few days, it doesn't mean no one has purchased anything.) Today, for example, will probably be my last day to check orders until next Monday, so don't worry if the total doesn't change for a few days.

And yes, regardless of how much money is earned, whether that's just the $80 we're at now or we raise $10,000, all of it goes to WolfQuest. Not necessarily toward game enhancements, but for things like maintenance and bug fixes as well. (It costs $5,000 a year just to pay for the WolfQuest server, and that doesn't include any kind of extra work like fixes, username activations and changes, and all that good stuff.) So don't forget to keep clicking on those ads, too!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Lightning would be awesome! Expeciallly :twisted: ... If it hit stuff...
Wolf is walking
Thunder rumbles
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Tree falls and hits wolf on the head*

Ok, so that might not happen, but hey!
~Frodo

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”