Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

RainbowFirebird
Pup
Pup

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by RainbowFirebird » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:51 pm

I must say I like Option 3. It seems the most convenient. And congrats on nearing/reaching the end of scenery designing! You guys at WolfQuest are amazing! The game graphics are incredible, and the actions are so complex and realistic! Keep working, and I know you'll have almost perfected the game by Episode 2.5! Thank you so much for everything you do! :D

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 pm

I've actually reconsidered my vote and opted for option 7 (Shusuke's idea). I like the concept of being able to move out of the sitting/laying down action by simply pressing a different key - it would be quicker and easier than having to go through all of the actions. I have a feeling that some people may have simply sided with the majority on this one. :P

Alpha Wolf Kat
Pup
Pup

Post by Alpha Wolf Kat » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:02 am

Hmm.. Shusuke is right, I never thought about other situations, option 3 just seemed the most simple one to me.

But what if you sit down, and then a coyote comes, and if they make the option if you press the arrow keys or WSAD keys, any key, your wolf would automatically stand up; what if the process would be glitched/bugged. Like your wolf sits down but a coyote/bear comes and you want to immidiately stand up, and the animation is bugged. Like it would first stand up from sitting, and THEN start running/walking. Ya know what I mean :lol:
Like 2 seperate animations.
I don't like that. Please Cana and the WQ Team, don't let that happen :mrgreen:
Those 2 animations should be merged. Like your wolf stands up but it's already like walking a bit.

Lycan400
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lycan400 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:42 pm

um i went with option 3 and i have some questions

what other changes will be made to the game other than resting?
will you be able to do things in multiplayer you couldnt do before?
Can you add more animals like bison and mountain lions both to single and multiplayer gameplay?
for multiplayer can you increase the number of wolves from 5 to 8 or 10?
Can you also add the ability to play as a pup?
can there be physical changes in size between wolves?
Can attacking other wolves be added to the multiplayer gameplay?

i have asked many wolfquest members and i think they would like it if there was more things too do in the game.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:58 pm

what other changes will be made to the game other than resting?
Weather and Time was the Big Ideas winner.
will you be able to do things in multiplayer you couldnt do before?
Well, resting is one, and reacting to weather and time is another, if that's what you mean.
Can you add more animals like bison and mountain lions both to single and multiplayer gameplay?
Well, actually those were some of the other Big Ideas finalists' ideas that didn't win, and no, sadly I don't think they'll be added.
for multiplayer can you increase the number of wolves from 5 to 8 or 10?
This has been addressed before, and I think the answer was no because many people already have bad lag with only 5 wolves ingame.
Can you also add the ability to play as a pup?
This was another Big Ideas idea that lost.
can there be physical changes in size between wolves?
I'm not sure what you're talking about, really. If you mean pups growing, then no, this will not be added in this next episode.
Can attacking other wolves be added to the multiplayer gameplay?
I don't think it will be, because of the hazards associated with introducing anything even a little bit violent with SOME of the players out there... Although I would think it would make it more interesting, but sadly it has its problems.
Sorry if this sounds like backseat modding, but I am pretty sure about these answers.
~Frodo

okami129
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by okami129 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Not to be picky but could it be possible that you could later on add the ability to drag/pick up your food? And the ability to add bark to the options would be nice. And the ability to be a pup in the game (multiplayer). and the ability to add color cymbols

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm

This is NOT the topic to post questions about 2.5, nor is it the topic to post your ideas.

Use the search feature, people. That's why its there.

Phantom Blackshadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Phantom Blackshadow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Option seven, to me, is by far the best. I don't know why others think option three is more conveniant; perhaps out of the original choices (I was thinking of voting for three before seven was introduced), but not now.

And the "sleeping" option would not be in multiplayer, correct? Instead, people could just re-load the scene with different weather? If this is the case, it may be inconveniant because (at least for me and my brother, who get on from two different, very new computers) Slough Creek seems to be difficult to access because the server takes forever to load. (I think this is because a lot of people prefer playing on Slough Creek over Amathyst Mountain?) Personally, once I'm on, I'd be kind of unwilling to reload the entire thing and risk it not loading again. This isn't really a big deal, but just wondering how hard it would be to program the "sleeping" option into multiplayer. Maybe it could be a voting thing, where you have to wait until every player has accessed the "sleeping" option in order to do it? That way, there wouldn't be any "Okay, I'm in charge here, so I'm just gonna do this without asking, kay thanks".

Now that I'm voicing the idea, though, it's starting to sound like way more trouble than it's worth. :/ And it sounds like it'd be easier just to get the basics done rather than doing too much at one time.

shaniaburns

Post by shaniaburns » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:33 am

I honestly think option 6 is best; but I acadentlly voted option three... Thanks for letting us take part anyway! :-) Another thing - is there still no release date for 2.5?

Lunarspirit

Post by Lunarspirit » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 pm

i have an Idea for option 8, but i wont post it until i fully understand what SolitaryHowl meant. So until then i'm going with option 3 (not voting in the poll yet).

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

So far I'm going with option number 7, frankly because I believe it would be the easiest option, although I think I'll wait to see the other options before I cast my vote :3

icefire01
Pup
Pup
Location: A streak of white zooms past you and disappears into the night...

Post by icefire01 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 pm

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

12nicolleNEW12
Pup
Pup

Post by 12nicolleNEW12 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

I've got an idea, hope it helps! :D :
Single Player:
We know that wolves can't run or walk more than an hour, right? Well... sleeping, laying or sitting is the best choise!
When we press the "z" button, the wolf will sit down, when we press the "r" button, we lay down (not sleeping), when we press the "u" button a popup appears, letting the player choose from "Choose the sleeping time" or "Just sleep". The "Choose a sleeping time" button lets the player choose what moment of the day will stop sleeping, while the "Just sleep" button, makes the wolf lay down and sleep (whenever you want, just press the "y" button to wake up, stand up or stop any action you do). Pressing the "l" button while in FRONT of the water or creek, will let the player lick some water (in the screen appears a small blue wolf icon when you can lick the water). Press the "b" button to bark and the "g" button to growl (to stop barking or growling, just press the "y" button to stop it or wait for the growling or barking emotion to stop). Barking will make the elk get more scared and runs (if you still like biting the elk while running, this is more realistic). Growling will scare more the coyotes, but not too much the bears. NEW!: Pressing the "k" button with make you dig (only if you find a scent with an brown color). The brown color scent shows hidden bones with meat. Use the "v" button to find the scent (this makes the game more realistic). NEW!: Picking up things should be awesome. Press the "i" button to pick up things like elk meat, flowers or anything! NEW!: Yawning would be awesome, pressing the "1" button. With all these new animations, the game would be more realistic, and would make the players more happy.
Multiplayer:
Just like SP, the only difference is that the leader of the chat can choose the time of the zone, with the "t" button. But normal players can't. And the "u" button just makes your wolf lay down and sleep.
This is my greatest idea I had, hope you like it! :D :mrgreen:
Edit: You will be still able to swim and all the things you are able to do now. Being pup is in the choise of the moderators and admins.

Edit: I'm fallen in love with the third choise, but I think mixing it all with my option should be totally awesome... but it is all your choise... :D
Edit: I voted the third option right now, but soon when you describe more options I will check back! 8)
Last edited by -x- Silvie -x- on Wed May 11, 2011 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Adding information from double post

Lunarspirit

Post by Lunarspirit » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Ohhh, i get what Silver was saying, here is my idea for option 8.

we press r to sit and z to lay down, like each key leads to a different thing and then another key like maybe u could be stand up u for up and you can walk while standing but cannot while sitting (r) or laying down (z). good idea, right?

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Remember- you can change your vote at any time, as long as the poll is open (until January 1st).

And the new ideas posted- either they include things that are beyond what we're able to add for weather and time, or I don't really see the difference from the other options already available. Sorry!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”