Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Locked
User avatar
Arikae
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 am
Name: Moose
Gender: Female
Location: ya

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Arikae » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:57 pm

The creator even said it was fake, as C-Lupus said. But if he made that without permission, he is certainly breaking a copyright law.

YouTube might need to be notified
♪You are the ocean's gray waves...♪

oxoDestinyoxo
Guest
Guest

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Rebel Riot wrote:The creator even said it was fake, as C-Lupus said. But if he made that without permission, he is certainly breaking a copyright law.

YouTube might need to be notified

Youtube won't take any action, as long as the creator put the disclaimer on the video, it's fine. Even though their TOS state that all content must be your own, they are not enforcing that, actually probably never will.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: The Exclusion Zone
Contact:

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Yes, I think it's different with video games.
I have many WolfQuest videos up on my channel that haven't been removed.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

C-Lupus
Pup
Pup
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Universe

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by C-Lupus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 am

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:Yes, I think it's different with video games.
I have many WolfQuest videos up on my channel that haven't been removed.
If you didn't modified WQ videos in any way and added WQ logo or the © WQ, then is completely normal that they aren't removed.

oxoDestinyoxo
Guest
Guest

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 am

Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
As you can see, youtube does not enforce this stuff. No one has had permission to use movies or songs on youtube that they don't own. Considering a lot of people get those songs or videos illegally. By using video converters and ripped DVD downloads found on places such as mediafire and with songs, searching free mp3 files on google. The only reason they would remove a video or mute a video is if the audio was owned by one of their partners such as WMG (Warner Music Group) which is a partner of youtube, and a partner of Warner Brothers.

So, they would not enforce the rules on this video. Why?

1. They edited the audio on sony vegas. WMG bots don't see the song through the pitch change, and leave the video alone, so that can't get removed or muted through copyright unless someone reported it.
2. Wolfquest and World of warcraft have been used around youtube many times before, and youtube has no problem with it as long as theres some sort of disclaimer, sometimes in video descriptions, people will put. DISCLAIMER: I own no rights to what is shown in this movie, but it is under so and so copyright law that they can be used for non commercial purposes on the internet with a disclaimer.

User avatar
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member
Posts: 5586
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:11 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:42 pm

And frankly, we don't have any issues with people using WolfQuest screenshots or video as long as they don't claim it's theirs and don't claim to be giving official information/new video/etc. or saying they're from the WolfQuest Team. It's a shame that this video has caused so much confusion for some people, but as long as they're not actually creating a game and are just showing a silly mash-up video with nothing inappropriate, we are completely fine with it.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

User avatar
123destinycalls
Pup
Pup
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by 123destinycalls » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 pm

I have a youtube account, so i heard about this- I'm not really sure how they did this either. :l
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The best and most beautiful things,
must be felt with the heart -unknown
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

oxoDestinyoxo
Guest
Guest

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 pm

123destinycalls wrote:I have a youtube account, so i heard about this- I'm not really sure how they did this either. :l
oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
1. Open of World of Warcraft model viewer
2. Filmed Wolfquest
3. Opened up Sony Vegas Pro 9
4. Took the greenscreen chroma keyer and keyed the werewolf into the game clip.

That be how they did it. Personally, I'm ticked at youtube for not biding by their own TOS, it doesn't make much sense.

Destany
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:17 am
Location: Somewhere in this world!?!?!? :/

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Destany » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 am

ive watched that youtube vid i i didnt like it at all, i thought it was pathetic and unreal. i think there is a spam/report button on it so ill click it to help stop it spreading :mrgreen:
but if theres the new 1 coming out someday, i have an idea, but it probably wont be in, what happens if there were like people who work at the wildlifepark, and if you get sick( another idea) these vets come and examine you( very weird) and it helps you get better.( even in a sp game ( like the cattle ranch) even, you could be like surrounded by a fence and you have to dig( and another idea) or jump over/under the fence to get free, i dont no but its an idea...

User avatar
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 7589
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 am
Gender: Female
Location: England, United Kingdom

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Masika » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 am

Destany wrote:ive watched that youtube vid i i didnt like it at all, i thought it was pathetic and unreal. i think there is a spam/report button on it so ill click it to help stop it spreading :mrgreen:
but if theres the new 1 coming out someday, i have an idea, but it probably wont be in, what happens if there were like people who work at the wildlifepark, and if you get sick( another idea) these vets come and examine you( very weird) and it helps you get better.( even in a sp game ( like the cattle ranch) even, you could be like surrounded by a fence and you have to dig( and another idea) or jump over/under the fence to get free, i dont no but its an idea...
Interesting idea there, Destany :3 However, if you wish to share your ideas for future episodes of the game, then feel free to post them within this thread:

Ideas for new episodes:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

User avatar
123destinycalls
Pup
Pup
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by 123destinycalls » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 pm

oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
123destinycalls wrote:I have a youtube account, so i heard about this- I'm not really sure how they did this either. :l
oxoDestinyoxo wrote:
1. Open of World of Warcraft model viewer
2. Filmed Wolfquest
3. Opened up Sony Vegas Pro 9
4. Took the greenscreen chroma keyer and keyed the werewolf into the game clip.

That be how they did it. Personally, I'm ticked at youtube for not biding by their own TOS, it doesn't make much sense.

oh, well i'd never do that anyways, :? i wonder why they even started it. oh well, i guess i should mind my own buisness. :|
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The best and most beautiful things,
must be felt with the heart -unknown
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

alphawolf410
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm
Gender: Female
Location: United States of America
Contact:

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by alphawolf410 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering about that. Can't wait for 2.5!

Sweetpea RAWR
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Intergalactic travels to PigFarts!

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Sweetpea RAWR » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

I hate rumors. They generally spoil a good surprise, such as 2.5. I can't wait. When it comes out, will I have to re-download Wolf Quest, or will the game update itself?
................... ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ ɪᴠʏ
......=====================
....ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀʟs, ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴄᴋᴏɴɪɴɢ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ.
..ᴛʜᴀᴛs ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs
...ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴀᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪᴍᴏʀᴅɪᴀʟ
....sᴏᴜᴘ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
...'......ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.
......=====================
.............'..'..sɪɢ ᴜɴʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ¹³

oxoDestinyoxo
Guest
Guest

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Sweetpea RAWR wrote:I hate rumors. They generally spoil a good surprise, such as 2.5. I can't wait. When it comes out, will I have to re-download Wolf Quest, or will the game update itself?
You will have to download it, as you have with all previous games.

User avatar
silvywolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm
Gender: Female
Location: At the Slendy donation center. WHY YOU PEOPLE STEAL HIS PAPERS. WHY.

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by silvywolfy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 am

the video on youtube tells you ots FAKE so never fall for midnight pass!
- MOVING ACCOUNTS IN A DAY OR TWO -

New account will be: Silvy_Courage

Locked

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”