Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:45 pm

mynameisfaolan wrote:
EDIT: Oh no no no!!!!!!!
I just found something! people started asking stuff like can there be horses or anything and the maker of the video said something like sure i will then he started saying that he made Midnight Pass

THAT'S THE CASE, CANA! Hustin, we have a problem!We have a PROBLEM!

This is NOT Ok, guys! That guy is making a wolfquest with werewolves and vampires and horses and hunters and letting people download it. I swear! Take a good look at the comments on the video, you will ssee!( sorry i should calm down)
It's not even a real game, just a trailer. Plus, the creator would get busted for copyright if it was downloadable, because the werewolves are from World of Warcraft.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:
mynameisfaolan wrote:
I just found something! people started asking stuff like can there be horses or anything and the maker of the video said something like sure i will then he started saying that he made Midnight Pass

This is NOT Ok, guys! That guy is making a wolfquest with werewolves and vampires and horses and hunters and letting people download it. I swear! Take a good look at the comments on the video, you will ssee!( sorry i should calm down)
It's not even a real game, just a trailer. Plus, the creator would get busted for copyright if it was downloadable, because the werewolves are from World of Warcraft.

Um.. no. The creator said that he is making the game, look closely on the comments on that video. Apparently he has not been busted yet. I hope he does, cause I'm starting to think about sending a letter to some people who arrest guys for copyright reasons... I don't know.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm

mynameisfaolan wrote:
DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:
mynameisfaolan wrote:

Um.. no. The creator said that he is making the game, look closely on the comments on that video. Apparently he has not been busted yet. I hope he does, cause I'm starting to think about sending a letter to some people who arrest guys for copyright reasons... I don't know.
Hmm, what video are you watching? In every video, the creator says that the game will not be released because of copyright. What was the title of the video you saw?
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

people started asking stuff like can there be horses
I saw that too, he means making a video, not an actual game. I'm pretty sure the creator knows that if he made it an actual game without permission, he'd be busted, especially by Youtube; Youtube is pretty strict on copyrighted stuff from what I've seen.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

C-Lupus
Pup
Pup

Post by C-Lupus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I think is this the video you guys are talking about, isn't it?

Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Frost46 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:02 pm

That isn't good at all if he is copyrighting it! Also, everyone in MP is going bonkers over "Midnight Pass".
Hmm.... I don't suppose there's anything we could do at the moment.
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Frost46 wrote:That isn't good at all if he is copyrighting it! Also, everyone in MP is going bonkers over "Midnight Pass".
Hmm.... I don't suppose there's anything we could do at the moment.
He is not copyrighting it. He cannot because the materials he used were not his.

Besides, even if he tried, Blizzard (and probably WolfQuest) would sue him and win.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah, i took another look, when the guy was talking about making it, he was talking about the video not the game. Sorry guys!

C-Lupus
Pup
Pup

Post by C-Lupus » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:59 pm

On the final of the video the guy says it's all fake, and that he has done that with a tutorial. Well, people are free to make art. But he copyed WQ. WQ has the copyright things. Soon or latter his video will get deleted or he will get banned or warned. About that, I think Youtube will catch him soon or latter.

About the rumor passing on MP, I think that would be a good idea if Cana put this topic as a Global Announcement. Most of the WQ players usually go trough the forums, so they soon or latter would see it. About MP games, because not all members visit the forums usually, I think there is anything that WQ team can do for the moment. Maybe put a link on the beguining of a MP chat to click and then a window with this topic pops-up.

That's my opinion.

Thypaella
Pup
Pup

Post by Thypaella » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Episode 3 Rumor I know for a fact was started on YouTube. And they said it will include werewolves and hunters etc make believe stuff.

When I first saw it, I laughed. I knew WolfQuest wouldnt make such a game like that
►KILL THE SOUND◄
˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜

˜*°.˜*°v°*˜.°*˜
" - !"

...........http://k-eesri.deviantart.com/

...............Keesha02

Eternala
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Eternala » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:14 pm

O-o Too ironic.I just watched the video for that today (I found the link on SilverHybrid's Deviantart page in a comment). It was too unrealistic, with Werewolves and hunters and all. I gotta admit, it did sound pretty cool, though.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Honestly I think they should've asked permission before making the video or at least put the warning at the beginning. It irks me more than the MP problems.

I don't think they'll get busted for it since they put the disclaimer that the video is fake. In honesty the only chance that a game like that will EVER be made would be if I [or someone else] got off their couch and made a game depicted off of how wolves were almost wiped out during the late 1920's. o3o

At least the hunters part, anyway, and in regards to werewolves and vampires, that's what games like Second Life are for XD in my opinion.
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

akitad
Pup
Pup

Post by akitad » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:46 pm

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:
mynameisfaolan wrote:

Can you post link of video please?
:|

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 pm

akitad wrote:Can you post link of video please?
:|
Here is a link for the video, if you are wanting to see this Midnight Pass Video ^^
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Distant Star
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Distant Star » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Hm, I have never heard this rumor before, but thanks for clearing that up Cana! I will sleep easier knowing that a third game didn't come out without me knowing!
Due to personal family matters, I will be completely inactive for the next...well, the next while. If you want to contact me, please use the forms of contact below:

Jessica.Rose_13@yahoo.com
Stripedy-Sox.deviantART.com

Icon © Windripper!

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”