Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by jaguartail » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I would never have been convinced to believe this rumor:

1.Wolfquest is unlikely to include hunters as hunting wolves is illegal in yellowstone, and defintely wouldn't include werewolves, as wolfquest is an educational and non-fictional game, and to my knowledge, werewolves do not exist, and I know that wolves wouldn't be able to transform into other animals.

2. It says in the video and it's description that it's fake.

3. WQ would need to release screenshots, a preview video, or some sort of public playable version of episode 3 to the general public for such a video to be made because mods/testers aren't allowed to officially announce game information in most circumstances, and wolfquest wouldn't be designing an episode 3 when they'll still be getting 2.5 released for at least the next 3 months.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 pm

LOL Jaguartail.

It's those three things that are the main reasons people fall for stuff like this.

Theyyyyy....

1) Don't take time to look further into the game they play. They just play the game, oblivious to the goal of the developers. Either that or they are misinformed on the fact that human interaction isn't a part of wolf behavior

2) They don't read/get too absorbed in things to bother looking at the footnotes

3) Not many people check their email [some only use one to get online games like this], visit the forum, or even know that there's a screenshot section on the site. They get their information from their fellow players, not from the announcements on the board or in news letters.

Speaking of news letters I've noticed that the homepage hasn't been updated recently. 8|
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Samma
Pup
Pup

Post by Samma » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:30 pm

I did actually kinda liked it, :oops: ,till it came to the werewolves.
I mean,wouldn't it be cool to be wondering around the forest,then see a giant human hut
in front of you!Okay...maybe not.
I wasnt fooled,though!
Last edited by Samma on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAMMA!

lightshadowwolf223
Pup
Pup

Post by lightshadowwolf223 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 am

i have heard a lot about this "episode" and i never really thought it was true so its notthing new to me.
Hunting is not destruction and i get annoyed by people all ways going like: OOO your killing the animals!
I just say: No. its population managment, and could someone who hates animals know so much about them?

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:52 am

Sadly, this rumor isn't just going around YouTube and Wolfquest multiplayer, I saw hints of it while playing FeralHeart, which worried me greatly.

To set the scene, it was on Bonfire island. I was leading a wolf roleplay based on The Sight, so the only mythical thing about it was me allowing a few wolves to have the Sight. Naturally, when people see a roleplay and they've been looking for one, they were oblivious to the fact I wanted to the members to have read the book. One player logs on and says this, direct quote.

"NeonWolfii[me], why won't you allow wolves with the Sight to turn into werewolves?"

I replied.

"The powers of the Sight do not include any shape shifting. If your hinting at one of the wolves playing Wolfbane, he doesn't exist in this roleplay."

The player replied with this.

"You know, when the new wolfquest comes out, and you can be a werewolf, I will actually allow that to be a power of the Sight."

I got annoyed, so I snapped at him a little bit.

"Ok, but when the new wolfquest never comes out, don't come crying to me."

After that I kicked him from the group, he later whispered me why I kicked him out, and I told him that I did not need the rumor spreading around the group, telling him that there was no such thing as Wolfquest 3, and told him the goals of Wolfquest and why what was supposedly going to be in the game couldn't. He didn't believe me, but my group, who was questioning the existence of wolfquest 3, did.

It worries me greatly, on a game as big as FeralHeart, theres no telling how many players will go to wolfquest, believing that episode 3 will be coming out.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 am

Don't let it get to you Destiny.

They're the fools that decided to believe it and now watch the end of the video/fully read the poster's comments. All that person's ignorance proved was that they were not interested in WolfQuest for what it was. They were most likely interested in multi-player more than anything else.

Let them cry when they realized that they were wrong. Let them cry when the topic regarding it pops up on the FH forum and everyone shoots them down because they KNOW that those things were from WoW. (Slycan at least knows).

They'll be embarrassed and learn their lesson...somewhat.

Then they'll go yell at Chiget for making such a thing. XD
I like discussing deep things, playing video games, and mentally torturing myself by studying C# even though I'm not a math person.

Crimsona
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Crimsona » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 pm

I'd heard a few rumours about 'Episode 3', I thought it was just one person having a misunderstanding and didn't think it was as big as this!
♥feed me a cookie and i'll love you forever♥

♥if you have one eye on yesterday
and one eye on tomorrow
you will be cross-eyed today♥

truly beautiful avatar by Ninja_Wolfs963

Fire Pelt
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Fire Pelt » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Okay, Maybe Wq Might have Humans One Day but Werewolves!!! Really People! You Really Believe that a Game like Wq would have Werewolves! OH MY GOSH! Seriously Its Not True! :evil:

sasukefan101
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sasukefan101 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:Thanks for clarifying this, Cana!
I saw a video on Youtube awhile back called "Wolfquest: Midnight Pass" or something like that. It included humans and werewolves and stuff that wouldn't normally be on WQ. I guess that's where it started.
ya i saw that too it was totaly not a true vid at least as i can remember

Samma
Pup
Pup

Post by Samma » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 pm

My opinion,I absoloutley HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE werewolves!
SAMMA!

goldenwolf1
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by goldenwolf1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:59 am

to be honest the first time are saw i didn't believe it my brother told me about those werewolf's in wow and even if they did put werewolf's in it i would probably be put of.
i'm not around much but you see me now and then ;)

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:00 am

At first, I didn't know about it, but then I searched it up on Youtube and I knew it was COMPLETELY fake. WolfQuest will never create a game with "werewolves"
I really hope that video gets removed from Youtube. Sorry guys, but "Midnight Pass" will never be conceived by WolfQuest.

And I still see "werewolf" RPS on Multi player, which is another reason why I only play on Single Player now.
This happened to me before, and it was annoying, and was on MP, talking to other members.

Me: I can't wait until the new wolfquest comes out
Other person: Yeah! It'll have werewolves and stuff!
Me (-_-): uhh no..
Other person: yeah it will.

And the only people who will announce that a new episode will come out is the WolfQuest team, so why do people believe some guy who got bored and created a big lie?

►Yellow◄
SHEEP<3

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:55 am

Yellowie100 wrote:At first, I didn't know about it, but then I searched it up on Youtube and I knew it was COMPLETELY fake. WolfQuest will never create a game with "werewolves"
I really hope that video gets removed from Youtube. Sorry guys, but "Midnight Pass" will never be conceived by WolfQuest.

And I still see "werewolf" RPS on Multi player, which is another reason why I only play on Single Player now.
This happened to me before, and it was annoying, and was on MP, talking to other members.

Me: I can't wait until the new wolfquest comes out
Other person: Yeah! It'll have werewolves and stuff!
Me (-_-): uhh no..
Other person: yeah it will.

And the only people who will announce that a new episode will come out is the WolfQuest team, so why do people believe some guy who got bored and created a big lie?

►Yellow◄
Because people often don't read what's right in front of them. {Even the homepage's main words explain about the game being realistic and educational... xD} It's unfortunate, but true; try not to let it get to you, like Shu mentioned a few posts above. c:

edit. You know, I just watched through the video for the first time... not one second of it looks even remotely real. xD The framerate and quality is horrible, and the 3D placement of the werewolves; as well as the AM overview for the 'werewolf creation' scene; is... well... fake. Lol.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Psssh no.

This humors me, really, about how many people are expecting werewolves and hunters in 2.5.
What's next, unicorns?
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Thandi wrote:Psssh no.

This humors me, really, about how many people are expecting werewolves and hunters in 2.5.
What's next, unicorns?

No, Thandi. Zombies. They think in the next episode WQ is adding winged rabid immortal zombie wolves.

This is so hilarious. Sometimes I chuckle thinking about it. Some people don't read, they just read it's about wolves and just download it without reading anything else. I bet if they read the game was educational then they'll go "Bleh. No. Nuh-uh."

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”