Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 am

Hello worahora,
The only things being added into WolfQuest 2.5 are weather (snow, rain, ect), time (day and night) and a lying down option. However, they may also be adding lightning if they can get more funding. =3
You can always suggest your ideas for new episodes here^^:
Ideas for new episodes:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14558

Also, you can read about the latest news on episode 2.5 here in the January Newsletter:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45929
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

ok i know that alpha female,please be my friend? i only have 2. wait well i aslo heard you could be a pup in wolfquest 2.5 too but aslo THERE IS cougars and bison! i am dying to play wolfquest 2.5! :D :mrgreen:

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

worahora wrote:ok i know that alpha female,please be my friend? i only have 2. wait well i aslo heard you could be a pup in wolfquest 2.5 too but aslo THERE IS cougars and bison! i am dying to play wolfquest 2.5! :D :mrgreen:
The rumors of you being able to be a pup in 2.5 are incorrect. There will be no cougars and no bison either. As Alpha Female already stated the only things added are what won the design contest, Weather and Time and "I Need a Rest!"(Sit, lie down etc.)

You can see what won the contest here.

The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37888

You can help the team get funding for lightning by donating.

Episode 2.5 Fundraising Contest
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45730

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 pm

well yeah there is! just go to the ontest and see the winners and see all that new stuff that will be in the game.

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 pm

worahora wrote:ok i get it with midnight pass cant be made but could the third episode be instering like the stuff like they were talking about in midnight pass? i know we couldnt include the werewolves thing but we can still include weather ,snow and grow pups and hunters right? oh and of course,even the bison and cougars! p.s one little question! are the cougars are pup preadators right? and will the elk be replaced by the bison?
they could not do hunters because the game takes place in yellowstone were it is illegel to hunt but there are campers and hikers in yellowstone but no hunters not on yellowstone but as the cattle ranch mission in the game demenstrates any wolves outside yellowstone are often shot by farmers trying to protect there livestock bison though have a problem in yellowstone there age old migration routes take them outside yellowstone were they are hearded up and sloughterd and has been hapening for a while now so as you can see animals are are safe in the boarders of yellowstone so there will probly be no hunters in the wolfquest games which take place in yellowstone
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 pm

ummmmm..........i ment if we could still have the cattle ranch cause i enjoy it but i dont like getting shot

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Please try to stay on topic guys, as there are plenty of other threads where you may discuss WolfQuest 2.5 and share your ideas, ok? Thanks!
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:04 pm

I have seen the video, from the first time I saw it I knew it wasn't offical, but I find it interesting to watch.

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:20 pm

yeah i think its intersting too,but i aslo know it doesnt exist but i would love to play it but its not real what i think is better is 2.5

Toca_Master_14
Pup
Pup

Post by Toca_Master_14 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm

I haven't heard anything about it until now, and I can't believe someone would make that video. Anyways, I don't think WQ would make any game like that. Thanks for the update, Cana!
☆ —(••÷[★ land oғ тнe eleмenтѕ ★]÷••)— ☆
Forest~Delta Female
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=69428

✦ ] : • - ғεαяℓεss нεαятs ραcк - • : [ ✦
Silver~Alpha Male
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73481

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:32 pm

hey are you from the movie alpha and omega? i have the movie at my house and do you play pet games? i do,my username is wolfpony

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm

worahora wrote:hey are you from the movie alpha and omega? i have the movie at my house and do you play pet games? i do,my username is wolfpony
You may want to keep that for a PM to that user or for this topic, alright?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=34558
Thank you! :wink:
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

worahora
Pup
Pup

Post by worahora » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:16 pm

ok she just reminded me of a movie about wolves and one of the charaters was named kate,of course my avatar was a picture from the movie, :P

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:47 pm

DragonflySpirit wrote:I have seen the video, from the first time I saw it I knew it wasn't offical, but I find it interesting to watch.
I agree, the person who made it surely has some skills in computers.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm

worahora wrote:well yeah there is! just go to the ontest and see the winners and see all that new stuff that will be in the game.
Bison, Cougars, and being a pup were some of the design contest Finalists, the community got to pick 2 out of 18 finalist ideas to be put in the game, and this is what happened:
Cana wrote:Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2.5 Design Contest- with over 900 contest entries and well over 500 people voting in the polls, this has been, by far, the biggest contest we’ve ever created, and has been really exciting for all involved.

Your votes have determined the Grand Prize Winner- Exiah, with her description for Weather and Time. She and a guardian will receive a free trip to Minnesota to meet with the WolfQuest Development Team to decide how to best implement her ideas into WolfQuest version 2.5. Congratulations, Exiah!

Also, congratulations to all the finalists! Each finalist will receive a WolfQuest patch. Following are the usernames associated with each of the Big Ideas- feel free to congratulate them all in this topic, rather than overwhelming them with PMs and e-mails.

•Bison- Kivia
•Cougars- Frodo1
•Multiplayer Should Be More Like Single Player- ara-tun
•Pup or Full Grown- NorthernBound

The Game Enhancements winner has also been decided: I need a Rest, submitted by Cama! The other two top Game Enhancement finalists will receive a WolfQuest t-shirt. Congratulations, ara-tun (for the Calves and Cubs idea) and breannakristine (for the Pups/Dens idea). The finalists from the previous poll (who responded to the e-mail with their address) will all receive a WolfQuest embroidered patch. Following are the remaining usernames associated with each of the Game Enhancements- feel free to congratulate them all in this topic, rather than overwhelming them with PMs and e-mails.

•Brave Bear- Mistystar96
•Chatbox Removed!- Asheek
•Deleting games- Darkfurbp
•Elk Fatigue- Firehero
•Food Conversion- Hermione Granger
•Goals/Achievements- wolf567
•Sneaky Wolves- wookie99
•Stalking Adjustment- chickiefoo
•Take Control of Your Chat- Aurora9599

Also, while we know we can only include the winning idea in the Big Ideas category, if there is funding available, we may be able to add more Game Enhancements than just the winning idea. Which additional Game Enhancements would be determined by funding and programming time/difficulty, not by an extra poll.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”