Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 pm

I've had a number of people asking me about WolfQuest's Episode 3 game, called Midnight Pass. I just wanted to clarify- we are currently working on Episode 2.5 and we do not have funding nor plans for an Episode 3 at this time. Nor is Episode 2.5 called Midnight Pass, though it will include midnight in the game.

If you hear of anyone spreading rumors about future episodes of WolfQuest, please direct them to the WolfQuest FAQ and WolfQuest News and Announcements Forum so they know they're getting the correct information. These are the only two places you may reliably hear about updates about future WolfQuest game releases. Thank you.

Edit: to make it more clear, there is no Episode 3 yet, and if we do eventually receive funding for a third episode, we would not name it Midnight Pass. (All WolfQuest games are based off of real places in Yellowstone, and there is no real 'Midnight Pass' in Yellowstone, at least to my knowledge.)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Episode 3: Midnight Pass Rumor

Post by Masika » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks for clarifying this for all of us, Cana! Funny, I haven't heard of this WolfQuest episode 3 rumor at all, so its a tad strange for me to be hearing about. I would think that this might have been passed through multiplayer games and what not, as there hasn't been anything around the forums regarding this, from what I've seen while browsing around.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 pm

I agree with Silver, I haven't seen anything regarding WQ 3 on the forums either.
It was probably spread threw MP games.
Thanks for sharing the correct information with us Cana!
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Neither have I, but thank you for clarification on it.
And will do.

Spirit900
Pup
Pup

Post by Spirit900 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Hm. Never heard of this either. Thank you for this post. It's nice for the information.
Any act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

DarkWolfGirl54
Yearling
Yearling

Post by DarkWolfGirl54 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks for clarifying this, Cana!
I saw a video on Youtube awhile back called "Wolfquest: Midnight Pass" or something like that. It included humans and werewolves and stuff that wouldn't normally be on WQ. I guess that's where it started.
#SwiftAsTheCoursingRiver
--{Arise} and be
_______-all that you dreamed
_______________all that you dreamed...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm

DarkWolfGirl54 wrote:Thanks for clarifying this, Cana!
I saw a video on Youtube awhile back called "Wolfquest: Midnight Pass" or something like that. It included humans and werewolves and stuff that wouldn't normally be on WQ. I guess that's where it started.
Oh dear, that's not good- I never noticed a video about that. Was it just a fan-made "prediction" or hope for what the next episode would be like, or was it someone attempting to potray "accurate" information about a new episode? I don't know how the team would deal with that (if you can, at all) but it is still interesting to know what they were trying to do.

LoupBlanc
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LoupBlanc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated!

*wags tail* :D
“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack” ~Rudyard Kipling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Omega of the FreeForm Spirit Pack

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:28 pm

LoupBlanc, you know, it would be great if you could keep the roleplay offsite ('wags tail') as we don't really allow it here on the forums, ok? Cheers! ^^
Koa wrote:
Oh dear, that's not good- I never noticed a video about that. Was it just a fan-made "prediction" or hope for what the next episode would be like, or was it someone attempting to potray "accurate" information about a new episode? I don't know how the team would deal with that (if you can, at all) but it is still interesting to know what they were trying to do.
I just had a look around for this video now, I think I did fine the right one. However, it does state within the video that it is fake... as was simply inspired by roleplay and a few rumors, so, I don't believe they were trying to portray accurate information for WolfQuest. Though it does also say in the video a release date (November). So yeah, I would now think that this was the thing which started it off, as its suddenly being brought up now (and the release date within the video was November this year).
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:LoupBlanc, you know, it would be great if you could keep the roleplay offsite ('wags tail') as we don't really allow it here on the forums, ok? Cheers! ^^
Koa wrote:
I just had a look around for this video now, I think I did fine the right one. However, it does state within the video that it is fake... as was simply inspired by roleplay and a few rumors, so, I don't believe they were trying to portray accurate information for WolfQuest. Though it does also say in the video a release date (November). So yeah, I would now think that this was the thing which started it off, as its suddenly being brought up now (and the release date within the video was November this year).

Ok, I just saw the video and it appears that whoever made the video was just trying a test. Of course, a weird crazy guy watched the video and then started a rumor about a new wolfquest coming out soon about werewolves and hunters. Once again, WQ has to fix the problem. Along with explaining to people that the game is about Yellowstone and that their will be no hunters, and to deal with the mate and powerplaying problem. ONCE AGAIN :x

I love wolfquest, I just hate it when people get unaccurate information because they have to pee their pants once they see the werewolves then click out of yputube then click on here to try to download Midnight Pass, and they never even saw the end where it explained how Midnight Pass is fake.

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:39 pm

You know, I hadn't heard anything about this, but then today in an RP someone said something about not being able to wait for Midnight Pass...and I just figured it was something totally unrelated to WQ and ignored it.
Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Realistic Wolf Roleplay
http://yellowstonewolfrp.wetpaint.com/

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh dear....I haven't heard any such rumors, but it won't be good if we have WolfQuest flooded by fake word and empty excitement. I shall keep a lookout for this from now on, though, thanks for updating us, Cana. =)
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

Frost46
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Frost46 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 pm

It had to be caused by that video!
I was in a chat last week, and everyone was acting so excited.
So, I asked why they were, and they said the new WolfQuest is coming out, Midnight Pass!
Surprised, I asked all about this new "Version" and they said they will include vampires, werewolves, hunters, and you will be able to be a human... :? I just ignored it, but wow. Word travels fast! :lol:
*~.~*♪Frost46♫*~.~*
☼Proud WQ Community Member☼
These are the things that make me unique

Avvie © Zethra
Siggie © Me

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Frost46 wrote:It had to be caused by that video!
I was in a chat last week, and everyone was acting so excited.
So, I asked why they were, and they said the new WolfQuest is coming out, Midnight Pass!
Surprised, I asked all about this new "Version" and they said they will include vampires, werewolves, hunters, and you will be able to be a human... :? I just ignored it, but wow. Word travels fast! :lol:

Yes, it does..however, I find it very annoying how many people will believe anything. I mean, do they really think that will happen..? Seriously.....? >.<
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:43 am

I basically have the same idea as everyone else (haven't heard about it on the actual game) but I did see that video. I was browsing around on YouTube the other day for WQ videos and I stumbled across it and I watched the video out of curiousity. And then I was totally confused because it had a werewolf-like creature and a wolf running around and fighting. I agree as this is completely unrealistic and the WQ team would never include this as WQ is intended to portray real wolf behavior.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”