WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest
(Survival of the Pack Deluxe)
We are excited to announce the biggest contest WolfQuest has ever offered. For those of you who have great ideas for how WolfQuest could be improved, now is your time to shine! We're looking for two kinds of game design ideas:
- * Big Ideas - new elements, characters, or other things that could significantly affect gameplay.
* Game Enhancements - suggestions that would improve gameplay in a relatively small but meaningful way.
- * The Grand Prize Winner from the Big Ideas category will win a 3-day, 2-night trip to Minnesota on Tuesday, August 31st through Thursday, September 2nd to meet with the WolfQuest Team, including nationally-recognized wolf biologists, to discuss how their idea can best be implemented into the WolfQuest game. This prize includes airfare from a major airport within the continental United States, hotel for two nights, and a tour of the Minnesota Zoo and other Twin Cities sites with WQ Coordinator. (If the winner is under 18, airfare and hotel will also be provided for one parent or guardian.)
* The winner of the Game Enhancements category will win two WolfQuest t-shirts, a WolfQuest embroidered patch, and will also see his/her idea implemented into the game.
* The remaining 18 finalists will each receive a WolfQuest embroidered patch.
If you don't want to submit an idea, you can still participate! The grand prize winner will be chosen on a poll in the forum, so log in and vote for your top three choices once they're announced! Voting will take place in late June.
WolfQuest Multiplayer Games
Multiplayer games are a big part of the WolfQuest experience, but they depend on everyone's cooperation to stay fun. If you play multiplayer games, please read the following:
- * Mating and gender-related chats are not allowed on WolfQuest. Though 'mating' is basically part of the single player game, we do not allow multiplayer game names that refer to mating/breeding/gender-specifics, as too many people have acted inappropriately in them. This is why all forms of the word mate and most words relating to gender are not allowed in WolfQuest chats. Anyone reported for hosting or participating in a mating or gender-related game will receive one warning. If that person is reported again, he/she will be permanently banned from WolfQuest.
* Saving spots in open games is not only extremely frustrating for users trying to join a game, but it defeats the purpose of these open games. Open games are intended to be just that— open, for anyone to play. If you want to play a game with specific people, please create a private chat and send all invited users the chat name and password via e-mail, WolfQuest forum Private Messages or Pack Central topics, or some other messaging program.
* Inappropriate or abusive language is not allowed in WolfQuest. If the chat is in any way inappropriate, the user(s) involved may be permanently banned from WolfQuest, without receiving a warning. (Note— this may also affect every person who uses this computer.) Please help us keep the chats family-friendly and fun by reporting any inappropriate or abusive chats by reporting them. Please visit The WolfQuest FAQ for detailed instructions on how to send a proper abuse report.
* A new version of the game was released in March that has an improved chat-filtration system as well as a few other minor bug fixes. If you are worried about your child/student/self viewing inappropriate language, please make sure you have this version of the game.
* Multiplayer chat in old game versions (any version before 2.0) will no longer work after May 1st. We feel this is the best way to ensure appropriate multiplayer chat.
New WolfQuest T-shirt
Thanks to a very active and talented artist in the WolfQuest Community, TimbertheDelta, a new WolfQuest t-shirt is finally on its way! A black t-shirt with TimbertheDelta's fun new design will be in the WolfQuest store, expected to be available for purchase in mid to late May. Visit the WolfQuest store page to buy it once it's available. The current t-shirt will also be available, but only while supplies last.
Also while supplies last, if you order both t-shirts or any two (or more) items from the WolfQuest store, you also receive a free WolfQuest magnet! All proceeds from store sales go toward forum and game development/maintenance, so your support directly benefits the WolfQuest Community. And if you don't see anything you like from our store or already have the items you want, you can always donate by credit card or check by going to the top of the WolfQuest store page and following the instructions there. Thank you for your support!