The WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: The WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest!

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Yes, or they could put something totally irrelivent, by saying the idea was:

Less carcasses

And the reason voted:

I like having night and day in the game

mmpppgreenpearl3
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by mmpppgreenpearl3 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Shusuke wrote:
mmpppgreenpearl3 wrote:
AWolfSpirit wrote:Good point, but if they don't vote, people who aren't lazy and take the time to read it will. Even if that is only one person, that one vote would make the winner.
Thats true AWolfSpirit. Maybe a way to fx that is to ask why they voted for that idea.
Ooh, that's a cool idea. You wouldn't be able to vote unless you had to put in why.

But then again, people can be silly and put "I like this idea" and then vote.
True. But if they have to put more that 3 sentences they can't just put " I like this Idea".

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Okay, but what if someone did this:

I like this idea. It looks fun. I want it in the game.

Three sentences. And if they ask for 4?

I like this idea. It looks fun. I want it in the game. That's why I'm voting for it

And so on.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:31 pm

mmpppgreenpearl3 wrote: True. But if they have to put more that 3 sentences they can't just put " I like this Idea".
Yeah, but they could still put gibberish or just highlight the first three sentences for their reason. People will always find shortcutes. It's a very good idea though.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Alright, the poll mod is well on its way and we're figuring out the final details for the contest. We will be including both a summary (bullet points or just a couple sentences if the bullet points don't make sense) as well as the original (though perhaps edited by the team) contest submission. I really like the idea of the summary because that's what you should be voting on- if you're too into the details and we end up figuring out a new way to implement the idea, then you might not get what you want anyway. So focus on the idea rather than how exactly the idea will be put into the game. That will be decided when the Development Team meets with the Grand Prize Winner in the end of August. I'll remind everyone of that when I post the polls, but just something to mentally prepare yourself for before then. (And sorry, but the poll mod does not include any way to leave a reason for your vote. It'll probably work better that way, logistically, anyway.)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:59 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Alright, the poll mod is well on its way and we're figuring out the final details for the contest. We will be including both a summary (bullet points or just a couple sentences if the bullet points don't make sense) as well as the original (though perhaps edited by the team) contest submission. I really like the idea of the summary because that's what you should be voting on- if you're too into the details and we end up figuring out a new way to implement the idea, then you might not get what you want anyway. So focus on the idea rather than how exactly the idea will be put into the game. That will be decided when the Development Team meets with the Grand Prize Winner in the end of August. I'll remind everyone of that when I post the polls, but just something to mentally prepare yourself for before then. (And sorry, but the poll mod does not include any way to leave a reason for your vote. It'll probably work better that way, logistically, anyway.)
Thanks for updating us, Cana! I look forward to seeing the poll and the ideas. =D

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:02 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Alright, the poll mod is well on its way and we're figuring out the final details for the contest. We will be including both a summary (bullet points or just a couple sentences if the bullet points don't make sense) as well as the original (though perhaps edited by the team) contest submission. I really like the idea of the summary because that's what you should be voting on- if you're too into the details and we end up figuring out a new way to implement the idea, then you might not get what you want anyway. So focus on the idea rather than how exactly the idea will be put into the game. That will be decided when the Development Team meets with the Grand Prize Winner in the end of August. I'll remind everyone of that when I post the polls, but just something to mentally prepare yourself for before then. (And sorry, but the poll mod does not include any way to leave a reason for your vote. It'll probably work better that way, logistically, anyway.)
Sounds good Cana; I like that you've gone for a summary and the full idea together, it'll be interesting to see how its done =3 Thanks for that update!

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Thank you for the update, Cana! Sounds good, on how you plan on setting it up, I'm glad that way everyone will get what they want! =3 Can't wait to vote, may the best idea win!

Jinkrules
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jinkrules » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for that update, Cana. It's good to know about the summary thing, I think things will go a lot smoother that way. :mrgreen: Good luck to all who entered!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks for the update Cana, I'm very eager to see all the ideas. ^ ^

cbako01
Pup
Pup
Location: That's the thing about a dream. Not really here. Or there...

Post by cbako01 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks for the update :)

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 pm

I am getting quite eager to see the wonderful ideas us community members have come up with!

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:59 pm

thanks for the update. :wink:

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Great Cana! This will be a good compromise for all the community voters, since there were good points on both sides of the presentation issue. Picking just one side may have effected the voting in some way; I'm glad balance could be found.

I also agree with the mods editing the summaries. I am not a big fan of word vomit :) !
I shall await the poll eagerly,
Overcast

Siage
Yearling
Yearling

The WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest!

Post by Siage » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi, I've been away for a while and I guess I have missed out on a lot of things. Have the finalists been notified yet? Thanks!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”