The WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: The WolfQuest 2.5 Design Contest!

Post by Zarago » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:18 am

Aslong as the Bullet Points are elaberate and give you the main points of the Idea, we should be fine. Besides, if you leave out the details, and the idea wins, you might get a nice surprise!
Shusuke wrote:like I said, bullets are fine, but they sometimes crash my computer. I always have to type the code by hand. I can't even click the "[*]" Key without it freezing up XD

I would like a simple, clean way with the bullets, but I would also like to read it completely. Maybe have a simple summary and then have a link at the full bottom that says "Read Full Version" or something and it would pop out like the "Expand View" with the previous posts in a forum topic.[/color]
It does take quite a long time to write an idea out, especially if the person has given lots of details. But maybe we could have a link to the actual persons idea in their writing.

Angei
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Angei » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:08 pm

I think bullets instead of a long paragraph would be more time efficient.
Then if the person won he/she could explain it more when voting time arrives.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Azaur wrote:I think bullets instead of a long paragraph would be more time efficient.
Then if the person won he/she could explain it more when voting time arrives.
well,I don't think they would be able to:
Cana{WQ Coordinator} wrote:New update: we've chosen the finalists, but some submissions need editing in order to be on our final list. Because of a whole slew of reasons, we've chosen to include just 5 big ideas finalists and right around 12 game enhancements finalists. So we'll edit the submissions then let all the finalists know they have been chosen, and do hope to have the poll up and working before July.

Remember- entries are anonymous until we post the usernames after the voting has finished. If you announce who one or more of the finalists are (or even suggest that you know who one or more of the finalists are), you will be permanently banned from WolfQuest, whether you're the finalist or you just know a finalist. So if you are told you are a finalist, I'd recommend only telling people you trust offsite, not only to avoid being banned, but also to make sure you actually receive a prize and maybe have your idea implemented into the game. Depending on the situation, you may also be banned if you announce that your (or someone else's) idea was not chosen as well, so please avoid all conversation about whose ideas were or were not chosen. Thanks!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 am

I think the bullets would be the best, that way it shares enough information with the reader and its short. But, sometimes they don't cover everything, so a small paragraph might help enhance everything.
I agree with Shusuke's idea. ^ ^

grape500
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by grape500 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 am

I also agree with Shusuke

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:54 am

Yes, so do I. I hope that we can see the full idea as another link though.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:28 am

Wow. xD Who knew my idea would be liked by so much people.

But I agree with most people. Bullets would make things more clean, short and to the point. Just having the option to read a more descriptive version of it would be good. This is how I pictured it.

This is just an Example, something off the top of my head.

Though, then again, it doesn't seem really realistic (in some aspects or at least in my opinion), so it serves some worth as an example

Idea- Silver Pack in Slough Creek Instead of Druids
What it Does
  • Silver Pack will replace Druids now that the Druids are gone
  • Mission to protect your territory from the Silver Pack and show the newcoming group that you own that area
  • If you win you will run into wolves less often
  • If you lose you will either run into them more often or will have to leave and seek out new territory
Scientific Value
  • It will have a better rounded role on socialization between wolf packs
  • Show how wolves defend their territory against stranger wolves
How will Affect Gameplay
  • It will have a new, more broad focus on stranger wolves in Slough Creek
  • Players will have a new challenge along with the older ones like raising/protecting your pups and going to the summer den.
  • It will give stranger wolves a background instead of just having them appear once and awhile. It will make them more interesting.
Read the Complete Idea --> [View Full Idea]
Full Idea: Having the Silver Pack inserted and replacing the Druids in Slough Creek would add a more realistic affect to the game now that the Druids are gone. The player will begin in Slough Creek and then establish a den and territory, and after marking the territory they will have to continue to mark and defend it against the Silver Pack as they begin to move in and take overthe Druid Pack's old territory. The player will have to defeat at least ten silver pack wolves in order to accomplish the mission. If they are chased off by six wolves, then they would have to start over, or leave and look for new territory. This mission would take place before you have your pups.

Mission Description There is plenty of land available for the taking now that the Druids are gone, but that also means that there are more wolves moving into the area. Amongst these is the Silver Pack, which are from outsideof the park. New to the area and unsure of boundaries, you must defend your turf and show them that your home grounds are not for sale.

After winning You have successfully proved to the Silver pack that you own these lands despite your pack's smaller size and have established a borderline with them. Now you can settle down and raise your pups, but be warned. If you do not maintain and patrol the border often, thre is still a chance that they will come back.

Scientifically it would show a form of how packs may interat with one another in regards to the rights of territory. And it would affect gameplay by having a more broad focus on stranger wolves in slough creek and provide a new challenge and a sort of role for stranger wolves in SC.

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:35 am

Given the example of 'The Silver Pack' it somewhat proves there isn't going to be enough information in the bullet points. I don't much care for it..

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am

AWolfSpirit wrote:Given the example of 'The Silver Pack' it somewhat proves there isn't going to be enough information in the bullet points. I don't much care for it..
Yeah but some people are lazy and won't want to read the whole thing. So being able to have the quick bullet points would get the point across to what the idea is about, and if they are interested then they might have enough patience to read the whole thing provided by the link.

But personally I don't really mind about bullet points, though it does have fewer amounts of information. However, having little information might provide a big surprise if the iea is chosen because you won't know what the entire backstory of the idea is, but then again having too little information would make it seem bland. And at the same time a long form would have the potential to spoil a lot of things or overwhelm someone who's reading it. Though being able to see both would allow them to see the topic in the face with the bullet points and then see the whole thing in detail by clicking on the "expand view button" to read the whole thing. Though I don't really mind what's chosen. I'm just expressing my opinion ;3

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:51 am

Shusuke wrote:Yeah but some people are lazy and won't want to read the whole thing.
The thing is, if they are too lazy to read the whole idea, they shouldn't vote for it.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:02 pm

AWolfSpirit wrote:
Shusuke wrote:Yeah but some people are lazy and won't want to read the whole thing.
The thing is, if they are too lazy to read the whole idea, they shouldn't vote for it.
And you have made a very good point there xD I haven't thought of that.

But if it is an idea that they are looking for, and just don't want to read the whole thing, then they might never find something to vote for. xD Oh well. I'm confusing myself.

Though even people who like reading long things might want a quick summary to what it is, so having both might be worth something.

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Good point, but if they don't vote, people who aren't lazy and take the time to read it will. Even if that is only one person, that one vote would make the winner.

mmpppgreenpearl3
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by mmpppgreenpearl3 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 pm

AWolfSpirit wrote:Good point, but if they don't vote, people who aren't lazy and take the time to read it will. Even if that is only one person, that one vote would make the winner.
Thats true AWolfSpirit. Maybe a way to fx that is to ask why they voted for that idea.

mmpppgreenpearl3
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by mmpppgreenpearl3 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:12 pm

mmpppgreenpearl3 wrote:
AWolfSpirit wrote:Good point, but if they don't vote, people who aren't lazy and take the time to read it will. Even if that is only one person, that one vote would make the winner.
Thats true AWolfSpirit. Maybe a way to fix that is to ask why they voted for that idea.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:14 pm

mmpppgreenpearl3 wrote:
Thats true AWolfSpirit. Maybe a way to fx that is to ask why they voted for that idea.
Ooh, that's a cool idea. You wouldn't be able to vote unless you had to put in why.

But then again, people can be silly and put "I like this idea" and then vote.
Last edited by RoarOriole on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”