New Minor Version of Game Released

Archived news, updates and announcements.
fizzle323
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: New Minor Version of Game Released

Post by fizzle323 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

XxSilverwolfxX wrote:
sSilvers wrote:
Alcuzey wrote:I'm glad about the cattle ranch, but geez....more chat restrictions?
Ever saw the abuse?

I am glad you made the chat more strict.
Indeed ^^ I'm happy about that chat being more strict too, Hopefully then there would be less trouble on multiplayer =P Anyways thank you Team!
yes me two my neice nearly cryed when some other person called her a bad name, i wont say dont want to upset anyone

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Yes. Most of the time a friend or relative of the person in question is angered more than the actual one hurt by it! :wink:

IasoLengend
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: In a secret island called your hair,that whoa!You have lice?

Post by IasoLengend » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks for the chat restrictions! Have you seen the abuse,and yucky stuff? Thanks for this.
Oh,and the cattle ranch-thats a lot better!

-Iaso

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:12 pm

:D That cattle ranch is so awesome, now that it actaully does somthing for you.

Flygon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Flygon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:50 pm

uh... i dont mind more chat restrictions, but there is some things taken away that im sort of annoyed with; 1. at the end of your sentance, you cant put a - or a ) anymore, it just dissapears. 2. you cant type some un swears like guy and girl, but you can type guys and girls. 3. we cant type in caps, i see no problems with typeing in caps...... other than that, its great, thx :mrgreen:

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Flygon wrote:uh... i dont mind more chat restrictions, but there is some things taken away that im sort of annoyed with; 1. at the end of your sentance, you cant put a - or a ) anymore, it just dissapears. 2. you cant type some un swears like guy and girl, but you can type guys and girls. 3. we cant type in caps, i see no problems with typeing in caps...... other than that, its great, thx :mrgreen:
Cana wrote: I will add a bit to this, just because I think it is worth mentioning.

We know there are new issues with this safer chat, and eliminating capital letters and proper punctuation was definitely not our intent. But because we were already overbudget for 2.0, we basically had to choose to leave it the way it was (with a whole slew of inappropriate words managing to work their way into chats) or try a fix that would eliminate more inappropriate words but may make chat a bit harder. We elected to go with the second option, but hopefully more funding will allow us to work on the chat system more if that's what people think we should spend that money on. Limiting funding definitely has its downfalls, but we're hopeful more funding will come in so we can make this game the best it can be (and make chat appropriate but not frustrating)! Thanks for your patience and understanding, everyone.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:25 am

Flygon wrote:uh... i dont mind more chat restrictions, but there is some things taken away that im sort of annoyed with; 1. at the end of your sentance, you cant put a - or a ) anymore, it just dissapears. 2. you cant type some un swears like guy and girl, but you can type guys and girls. 3. we cant type in caps, i see no problems with typeing in caps...... other than that, its great, thx :mrgreen:
The - and ) use to be used to by pass the chat filter in the older version of the game, so that is why it has been taken out. guy and girl would most likely, be resorted to a gender spacific thing. Some people use all caps LIKE THIS to yell at other people on multiplayer, which is why it was removed.

I personaly like the safer chat, my spelling isn't perfect so it's hard to find the right words but I do manage and people know what I am saying.

KrazoaSpirit wrote:Guys, be happy the WolfQuest team is actually giving us the privelege to HAVE chatroom!
As KarozaSpirit had said, the chatbox is a privelage and it's either we stick with the chat restrictions or they take the chatbox out compleatly.

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 am

I'm glad I'm being agreed with today. lol

TheWolfish
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheWolfish » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am

• I've been waiting a long time to be accepted, but the game looks so cool!

I really love this...

THANKS, TEAM!

Mercury
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mercury » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Woot! Go Cattle Ranch fix!

Wolfie789
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfie789 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:59 pm

loboLoco wrote:We have released a minor update to the game, version 2.0.3, with two improvements:

1) Better chat safeguards. We have made our chat filters smarter and stronger, for safer multiplayer chat sessions. These improvements are effective even if you're playing people with earlier versions of Episode 2 (versions 2.0.1 and 2.0.2)--the chat filters text on both the sender's and recipient's sides.

2) Extra food gained in Cattle Ranch mission is retained when returning to Slough Creek.

This does not have any fixes to the reported problems joining multiplayer games, but we hope to tackle that in the near future.
hey is this the version with amethyst mountain and slough creek? if it is that is a bummer! tell me if it's after the amethyst moutain and sough creek,please tell me.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:40 pm

No this is not episode 2.5 or episode 3,this is just a minor bugfix for episode 2. amythest mountain and slough creek are the only places you can visit for now.

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm

But don't you worry, the episode 2.5 will be on soon enough!

Sollo
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Sollo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 am

It's great! I love the cattle ranch now, and the chat restrictions are not bad at all, considering they exist for our safety.

fuego_lobo
Yearling
Yearling

Post by fuego_lobo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 am

i find sometimes the chat restrictions can be a bit annoying because some workds are blocked that sometimes shouldnt be like if your role playing you cant say "puppy ears up" its strange but its good your wanting to protect members.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”