New Minor Version of Game Released

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: New Minor Version of Game Released

Post by Masika » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Thorn claw wrote:
Sintact wrote:
garygrant wrote:uh is it just my computer or is no one just interreasted in slough creek because when i come onto wolf quest and go to join open game there are no lists of chats whys this
Your problem; http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33646

Please do not double post, next time just edit your previous post instead of making a new one.
it is fixed now for me, is it working for you guys?
I believe that the issue has automatically fixed itself (; People are now able to find multiplayer games.

okamilover
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by okamilover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:59 pm

its not for me

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 pm

okamilover wrote:its not for me
It might clear up for you later, Sintact has just created a poll wanting to know if you are able to find multiplayer games, I recommend you vote on it so Mods are able to see if people are still having problems:

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33646

Unstable
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Unstable » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Really hate the new chat restrictions. I feel like an idiot using no capital letters.
Seriously no other way to make this safer? Because people who want to get around the filters get around them pretty easily, in my experience.

+_Crystal_+
Pup
Pup

Post by +_Crystal_+ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 am

Hi, I'm glad about stronger safeguards. Don't forget it's an educational game and there are a lot of small children. I saw many open games with MALESCOME, FEMALESCOME and it's not all. Concerning cattle ranch, :oops: :oops: I just didn't notice that in previous version food wasn't safe. It was really an event for me lol :mrgreen:

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:25 am

Unstable wrote:Really hate the new chat restrictions. I feel like an idiot using no capital letters.
Seriously no other way to make this safer? Because people who want to get around the filters get around them pretty easily, in my experience.
I believe the team are always trying to think of new ways to make the chats safer and better for all ages especially the younger WolfQuest players. Also I believe that they got rid of caps because people can use them to make themself look angry or shouting when talking to other players and also because users tried to get around the chat filter that way by putting those in the centre of words or letters.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 am

The team always are looking into ways to improve the lexicon, but they have very limited money for anything at the moment, and when they get grants. Very little of that is given to the lexicon.

I am sure the team would welcome any suggestions on how to change the lexicon, but making it safe is number one priority with it so remember that. You can always use other chat programs such as, MSN, AIM, Skype and similar programs.

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Kouga » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 am

Sintact wrote:The game is educational, we promote having a good writing in a way, though it might be frustrating at times. That's why their parents need to let them play the game, accepting all the restictions and rules; as you did when you firstly joined the game and Forums.
:D Yeah, THEY should. I'm 20 and don't need my mom watching me and the chat system IS bugging me. And I CAN spell correctly, though it's the advanced vocabular I use which prevents me from chatting :mrgreen:

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:55 am

Believe me, we would have a better lexicon and a better system if funding was available, but since it is not; players will have to upgrade themselves to the new WQ changes. Sorry if you don't like it how it is now, but it is how it is.

You can complain, but if you don't post solutions at the end your comment really isn't worthy. And at the moment we can't accept solutions because there is no funding available to use and make changes.

So this lexicon will stay, and hopefully complains coming from parents will end. If not, no grants will be given to the project and we will only be able to have Episode Two and One.

I also do feel like a caveman typing in Multiplayer now, but I can't do something but accepting the changes that were made.

Raz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Raz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 am

How do you get to Cattle Ranch?

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Kouga » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 am

Sintact wrote:Believe me, we would have a better lexicon and a better system if funding was available, but since it is not; players will have to upgrade themselves to the new WQ changes. Sorry if you don't like it how it is now, but it is how it is.

You can complain, but if you don't post solutions at the end your comment really isn't worthy. And at the moment we can't accept solutions because there is no funding available to use and make changes.

So this lexicon will stay, and hopefully complains coming from parents will end. If not, no grants will be given to the project and we will only be able to have Episode Two and One.

I also do feel like a caveman typing in Multiplayer now, but I can't do something but accepting the changes that were made.
Okay, didn't think about the fundings. Sorry.

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Guys, be happy the WolfQuest team is actually giving us the privelege to HAVE chatroom!

Saphfire
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Saphfire » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:49 pm

KrazoaSpirit wrote:Guys, be happy the WolfQuest team is actually giving us the privelege to HAVE chatroom!
That makes SO much sense! Sure, I don't really like the chat restrictions either, but can't we live with it and KEEP the chat?

KrazoaSpirit
Pup
Pup

Post by KrazoaSpirit » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 am

Yay! Go Saphfire!

Sorry, but anyways, yeah.

KoolKid12
Yearling
Yearling

Post by KoolKid12 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 am

Yeah i dont like the chat restrictions either but its better than no chat at all.

Return to “WolfQuest News and Announcements Archive”